Magic Lantern successfully tested on 5D Mark IV

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, mercer said:

Yeah but would the crop apply with ML? But even so, it would still make an amazing 1080p Raw with the buffer and CF cards. 60p Raw should be a breeze with DPAF. The 3.5K Raw feature of the Mark iii should be great as well.

@Nikkor

I don't think Canon limited the camera to cropmode in 4K because they are mentally retarded but because it had too much rolling shutter? But who knows these days...

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yeah but would the crop apply with ML? But even so, it would still make an amazing 1080p Raw with the buffer and CF cards. 60p Raw should be a breeze with DPAF. The 3.5K Raw feature of the Mark iii should be great as well.

@Nikkor

I think the sensor hardware capabilities are very low level things and the crop just a result of that, but it does depend on what secrets Magic Lantern are able to unlock in the software. So in other words... Who knows? Wait and see.

The 5D Mark III 3.5K RAW was a huge surprise and I never thought the hardware was capable of it.

Either way, I would assume that when/if they work it out, 14bit 2.5K or 2.7K in 2:35, with DPAF, should theoretically be possible. And if I could get 2K 60p to run continuously, it will be worth the upgrade for me. And I was thinking about getting the P4K next spring... I guess I’m back to a wait and see with that.

This is great news - heads spinning with so many great options that are presenting themselves to us.

13 minutes ago, mercer said:

And I was thinking about getting the P4K next spring... I guess I’m back to a wait and see with that.

Yep, this is exactly where i am & I like it. Think if they get the 4K working on the 5D, this might be a better option to the P4K as it will take photos too.

59 minutes ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

This is great news - heads spinning with so many great options that are presenting themselves to us.

Yep, this is exactly where i am & I like it. Think if they get the 4K working on the 5D, this might be a better option to the P4K as it will take photos too.

Yup. And DPAF with Canon lenses I already own. Sure I can manual focus, I’ve been doing it for years, but I can’t deny that a usable AF with Raw Video really appeals to me... especially as a run and gun, one man band filmmaker. 

6 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yup. And DPAF with Canon lenses I already own. Sure I can manual focus, I’ve been doing it for years, but I can’t deny that a usable AF with Raw Video really appeals to me... especially as a run and gun, one man band filmmaker. 

I already can see your forum post about which Canon lenses have the most silent AF ?, continous AF sounds from old lenses in liveview/video are horrible.

14 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

I already can see your forum post about which Canon lenses have the most silent AF ?, continous AF sounds from old lenses in liveview/video are horrible.

That’s true, but that would only affect tracking, right? For rack focusing, it would be single point, right?

4 minutes ago, UltimateMale said:

I only got the 5dmk3 bcus of magic lantern RAW video and wanted to get the 5dmk4 also only if it gets magic lantern RAW video, but it seems that with BMPCC4k is coming out soon + i really like what am seeing also and the price is just too good, canon will never see my money ever again

They will. 

similar here. FullHD video was the reason i got the 5dmk2, and only ML made me upgrade to 5dmk3. Nowadays i am quite happy with my GH5, but i admit that i lust for that panasonic fullframe announcement. Canon glass is the only thing that i have left... and frankly, with the new mount coming up, i think i will sell that as well... and go for some older Contax or Leica glass.