Why Do People Hate The Nikon Z6? What mirrorless to go with

Snowbro

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Danyyyel said:

Don't you have a way to let him post but be invisible to every one. He would still think that he is posting and no one would be responding, a troll worst nightmare. The guy doesn't contribute anything to this forum, he says he has zero interest in the Nikon but continuously post on them.

This is a really good idea. The forum software doesn't have a Ghost feature but it should have it.

I had to ban him in the end. Too much BLAH BLAH.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Canons rf 35mm looks great.

Wish Nikon would have opened up with a 35mm f2.8 pancake for 500$. With that huge mount they’ll be able to make very good pancakes. 

Another cool option would be a 28mm (same FOV as smartphones we’re all getting used to). Make it f4 or even 5.6. Should make it inexpensive to design and produce. The AF would be blazing at f2.8 or f4. Perfect walk about lens the size of a body cap for 300$.

I’m sure they’ll show up at some point. 

Do they really hate it? Hadn't noticed actually. This my-dick-is-bigger-than-yours approach is so annoying to any middle-class mind, oh dear : ) 

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

This is a really good idea. The forum software doesn't have a Ghost feature but it should have it.

Mandatory : -)

9 hours ago, Castorp said:

Canons rf 35mm looks great.

Wish Nikon would have opened up with a 35mm f2.8 pancake for 500$. With that huge mount they’ll be able to make very good pancakes. 

Another cool option would be a 28mm (same FOV as smartphones we’re all getting used to). Make it f4 or even 5.6. Should make it inexpensive to design and produce. The AF would be blazing at f2.8 or f4. Perfect walk about lens the size of a body cap for 300$.

I’m sure they’ll show up at some point. 

Pancake lenses on a mirrorless body are a big attraction to me, it truly lives up to one of the benefits of mirrorless: compact size!

I own pancake lenses from Panasonic, Olympus, Sony, and Samsung!

4 hours ago, gethin said:

whaaaat?  are you sure?  thats huge for me! On the z6 too?

Yes, its mentioned in brochure.

4 hours ago, Nikkor said:

Active D-lighting even with 10bit?

I don't know, but why would you need that with log and external recording? Its most useful for 8bit internal recording that you are strongly limited in lifting the shadows in post. 

12 minutes ago, Eric Calabros said:

Yes, its mentioned in brochure.

I don't know, but why would you need that with log and external recording? Its most useful for 8bit internal recording that you are strongly limited in lifting the shadows in post. 

It would be nice in order to not use log, a very dense image with nice shadows.

14 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Pancake lenses on a mirrorless body are a big attraction to me, it truly lives up to one of the benefits of mirrorless: compact size!

I own pancake lenses from Panasonic, Olympus, Sony, and Samsung!

Mmmmm.... pancakes.....

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Haters? But these YouTubers are always so unbiased:

4fb60a8e302aac91ecc753e767449601d044761f599b832fbfea74fe9e9344aa.jpg.d80b4dec7729e171860734d5fac57865.jpg

Oh hang on.....

Maybe they're not 

Hawaii seems to do that to people, the reaction is surprisingly positive from arguably the most uninspiring announcement so far. The XT3 and Zed's both look far better than the RF. Speaking from experience, a few Mai-Tai's can do that to people though...

Chris

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Danyyyel said:

Yep I would like to see it tested, it could act a bit like an inbuilt HDR mode with the flat profile enabled. More so as N log can only be used at ISO 800, which will need some serious NDs.

800.. Not bad.

It's really nothing unusual. S-LOG was 3200 minimum on the A7S.

You can always use the Nikon Flat profile instead, which I find better suited to 8bit than most LOG profiles anyway.

My personal opinion is that buying a R versus a Z is being out of his mind. Want good photo? Get the Nikon with better sensor and as good ergonomics/colors. Want video or both? Well IBIS plus No crop beat canon R anytime. 

But for me A7S3 / GH5 FF should be better than the Z, at least in video.

a shame that Nikon does not release a 4K60P A7SIII equivalent...