Why Do People Hate The Nikon Z6? What mirrorless to go with

Snowbro

3 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Do you want to be banned? Heading the right way.

You're an irritant.

What does 10bit HDMI have anything to do with anything?

I am talking about the superb internal Nikon colour and codec.

I couldn't give a crap about hooking up an HDMI recorder just for 10bit, you can barely tell the difference in quality anyway.

I have a lot of interesting lenses to use on it. Nikon F mount ones. Sigma ones. PL. There will be adapters to all sorts.

You are a jealous Canon fanboy and an idiot of the first order.

Let's vote on it. Should MdB get the boot? He's obviously trolling now. Every day. I am sick of reading this shit and it cluttering up every thread!

No, I think we should just no longer reply to him. On the other hand, it will be quite obvious when he makes new accounts ?. Ip ban it is

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
30 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

But the rolling shutter on the Z7 seems a little bit too hardcore...

I did see it in the dpreview test with the bike. I havent seen it in a test for rolling shutter yet.

What is weird; I saw almost no rolling shutter when they were whipping around in Devin supertramps eos r video, it looked like a pro grade, but tons of banding. I also thought that was odd, it was using 10 bit out on atmos. He mentioned in a comment that a few scenes were in 1080p 60p, so maybe the fast cuts were in some form of 1080p idk. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

You're an irritant.

Ban people because they don't agree with you... classy. 

"Dishonest. Misleading. Unnecessary." Selection and omission Andrew, ever heard of it? 

7 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

You said specifically Log. Log is only through the HDMI. Log is only on an external recorder. 

8 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Everyone must conform or hit the highway eh? Ohhh look at the Nikon, it's superb. Boy Canon are shit. Better? 

10 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am pretty sure I already banned the guy behind the name and he just keeps coming back, like a weed.

I dont know if I can quite process what has happened here. The owner of a site called eoshd, had to ban someone for trolling too hard in favor of canon ?. Please make a black mirror short pertaining to this haha. 

• Administrators

On the subject of adapters, the PL adapter is out already before the camera has shipped. I expect an EF adapter to follow just as quickly from China  :)

https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/09/06/mtf-services-nikon-z-mount-adapters/

2 minutes ago, MdB said:

Ban people because they don't agree with you... classy. 

No. I ban people when they are a pain in the fucking arse.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Wasn't the bike test shot in 1080p?

I cant remember; I thought it was in a 4k timeline, but they could have mentioned 1080, or shown that as the current resolution. I have only been able to find a few videos on the nikon's, kind of odd. Please post more if you guys find any that were not shared already in the nikon Zeee(not zed) thread

48 minutes ago, Simon Young said:

MdB is clearly a true Canon fanboy.

Canon is screwing up so very badly that I fear even fanbodys might soon need to stop being blind to Canon's failings. 

Canon fanboys might soon be an endangered species on EOSHD! Let him stay, we can show our tolerance towards poor discriminated and endangered minorities. 

1 hour ago, Snowbro said:

All of the rolling shutter I have seen, has been on the z7 in 4k 24p. I am hoping the z6 doesnt have the issue. 

If the z7@4K is lineskipping, it may be able to read out the sensor faster than the z6@4K which is downsampling 6K. So I would imagine it will be worst for rolling shutter. The work-around if you need to shoot fast-moving stuff could be to shoot APS-C mode which is 1:1 4K on the z6 and could be about half the readout time.

Nikon Z looks the best out of the new offerings to me. I think the lenses are perfect too. 

The faster primes will be 2000$ or more I bet. How is it good to launch with lenses costing more than two grand?

F1.8 is fast enough. More importantly it keeps the lens somewhat small. 

As usual it seems many lust for bragging rights rather than practicality. 

2 hours ago, jonpais said:

Why would you want to adapt EOS R Canon lenses to Nikon? 

Why not?      Not every lens but if you have a lens and it isn't available in another mount and you want to use or at least try it elsewhere for something different, why not?

Just gives more choice.

2 hours ago, Castorp said:

Nikon Z looks the best out of the new offerings to me. I think the lenses are perfect too. 

The faster primes will be 2000$ or more I bet. How is it good to launch with lenses costing more than two grand?

F1.8 is fast enough. More importantly it keeps the lens somewhat small. 

As usual it seems many lust for bragging rights rather than practicality. 

Yes all these people criticism about  the lens lineup, while most of them are using second hand vintage lens on their camera and so many are complaining because they can't adapt their existing lens to XYZ camera. If they were that rich to buy 1.5 - 2k primes, I think it should not have been a problem to re buy all lens line up. If someone can tell me the advantage in film making between a 1.8 and 1.4/1.2 lens, I am really curious. Perhaps they have fun shooting 90% of the time there subject out of focus.

5 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

You're an irritant.

What does 10bit HDMI have anything to do with anything?

I couldn't give a crap about hooking up an HDMI recorder just for 10bit, you can barely tell the difference in quality anyway.

I have a lot of interesting lenses to use on it. Nikon F mount ones. Sigma ones. PL. There will be adapters to all sorts.

Let's vote on it. Should MdB get the boot? He's obviously trolling now. Every day. I am sick of reading this shit and it cluttering up every thread!

Don't you have a way to let him post but be invisible to every one. He would still think that he is posting and no one would be responding, a troll worst nightmare. The guy doesn't contribute anything to this forum, he says he has zero interest in the Nikon but continuously post on them.