$700 4K 60p 1000 Nit HDR Monitor/Recorder

jonpais

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Super Members

The NDI module is particularly interesting.

This gives the potential for Atomos to develop it to be used as a really compact multi input live switcher and recorder as per the Odyssey 7q but from unlimited camera inputs on a network.

If they go that way it also throws up the possibility of them creating a standalone screenless NDI input box with recorder like the Ninja Star, which is well due a re-spin with a 4K capability.

The Ninja V was already looking like a great product but these modules both kick it up another notch.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:58 AM, jonpais said:

Atomos will make two extension modules available: one for streaming, one for generating wireless timecode.

I'm glad they're working with Timecode Systems as that means it is very likely compatible with their :blink network, and thus also with my existing Timecode Systems equipment I own. 

Fingers crossed they'll have an option with timecode and an SDI input, as that is what I'd want to use with a Sony FS700. A small recorder with SDI for 4K raw and TC (as the FS700 lacks that itself). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Super Members

Its also a huge boost at a low price for anyone with an LS300 as it allows you to record 4K60p without the additional bulk of something lile the Ninja Assassin.

More signifcantly, I can see a lot more 5" loupes becoming available because of this monitor so it can be used as an EVF, which means it can also overcome the LS300's achilles heel of it having an absolutely abysmal EVD and flimsy LCD fold out monitor.

On 10/13/2018 at 10:26 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Its also a huge boost at a low price for anyone with an LS300 as it allows you to record 4K60p without the additional bulk of something lile the Ninja Assassin.

Same too with the FS700/FS5 if/when Atomos finally releases the SDI accessory!!