HDMI switcher unit recommendations?

buggz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't need a professional rack mount unit, something simple, portable, and with no degradation of the signal.

I guess it will require power...

Cable lengths souldn't be a problem, though I know it's a cumulative effect.

I am shooting high school football half time shows, so I will be very close to the equipment, right next to it.

• Super Members

Do you mean switch as in just a simple A/B switch for monitoring so you don't mind a break in the signal while it re-syncs or are you talking about doing a live broadcast switch where you need it to seamlessly switch between the cameras?

If its the former then there are tons of cheap units that will suffice (no external power required) on Amazon etc such as this one

http://amzn.eu/d/i17hwow

They are all much of a muchness at that price so just pick one that has the most positive reviews is the best rule of thumb.

If its the latter though and you want to actually switch them seamlessly then you are usually looking at an entirely different solution like a BM ATEM unit but there are some simple HDMI switchers similar to the basic A/B switch (but more expensive obviously) that claim seamless transition between sources.

This is an example of one 

http://amzn.eu/d/61pE8aU

If you need the seamless transition do go that route of using the middle ground one such as the one above then see if you can find demos of the particular units on YouTube to check the transition.