Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
11 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Both Panasonic's are already available for preorder.. but its a bit hasty for me :)

The GRiii was different, its just an upgrade of a camera I already love, a no brainer. The Panys are a bit to mysterious as of now.

EDIT: And apparently with the sensor from the Pentax KP.. which is a fantastic sensor in my experience.

Sigma L-mount.

Revolutionary.

DSLR lenses with adapter slapped on: the worst solution imaginable.

Heavy, bulky, with slow AF to boot.

Do not take advantage of mirrorless shallow flange distance and in body optical correction to create more compact glass with better optical performance, especially wide angle constructions.

Pricing will be same as their E mount ART series: $800 - $1,200 on average the last I checked. 

So, unfortunately for skeptics, not as expensive as Leica. 

Take away the mirror, throw on a 1.5 Kg lens and go to town.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 3.18.36 PM.png

• Super Members
20 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Sigma L-mount.

DSLR lenses with adapter slapped on: the worst solution imaginable.

Being a complete cheapskate, at more than £3K saving per lens against the current Leica offerings for the SL then I can live with the compromises though :)

On 9/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, jonpais said:

Looks like APS-C has gotten the short end of the stick in the mirrorless wars.

1" bridge cameras cover the low end with MFT in the middle. APS-C got squeezed out because with mirrorless there is precious little difference in camera or lens size compared to FF. I don't suppose that APS-C are much cheaper to manufacture than FF either.

15 hours ago, DaveAltizer said:

Our first look video is live... new info to me... bigger battery than GH5 

Sorry but I'm just baffled by Pannys attitude here, I mean the rep won't even confirm what the 24-105 aperture is..?!!! or anything at all for that matter.. notice by the end of the interview, the rep is the one holding the mic to Dave.. SMH.

I'm sure the S1 will have good things for video but with virtually zero information aside 4K60p, i find this the most cringe worthy camera announcement as of late.

I also find the lens alliance thing a bit confusing.. the whole system just kinda sounds thrown together and rushed in a last ditch me too effort.  

3 hours ago, androidlad said:

Latest leak from Weibo:

S1/S1R use Sony global shutter sensors. S1R has 150MP pixel shift mode for photos.

4K60p supersampled from 8192x4320 sensor area.

9083f7cbgy1fvn667aldtj20p30rjabm.jpg

What exactly does "super sampled" mean?

4K60 down sampled from 8K??

That would be absolutely stunning to see!

6 hours ago, no_connection said:

They put pixel shift on the wrong camera. S1 is the one that would benefit the most. And I highly doubt it would eat any profit from the S1R ether, just more ppl going for S1 in the first place.

Rumor has it that S1 also have pixel shift that make 50MP image.

4 hours ago, kye said:

What exactly does "super sampled" mean?

4K60 down sampled from 8K??

That would be absolutely stunning to see!

I guess 8K video could still be possible on S1R

Will be much better than 4K30P downsample from 5K (20MP) on Sony cam atm.

6 hours ago, Django said:

Sorry but I'm just baffled by Pannys attitude here, I mean the rep won't even confirm what the 24-105 aperture is..?!!! or anything at all for that matter.. notice by the end of the interview, the rep is the one holding the mic to Dave.. SMH.

I'm sure the S1 will have good things for video but with virtually zero information aside 4K60p, i find this the most cringe worthy camera announcement as of late.

I also find the lens alliance thing a bit confusing.. the whole system just kinda sounds thrown together and rushed in a last ditch me too effort.  

Looks like Panasonic are facing the  reality that their high pricing on GH5 and GH5S is not justified any more .GH5S is nearly the same price as Nikon Z6 !