Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

I don't know. I'm doubtful Leica would allow themselves to be undercut by a large margin.

They already do. Leica lenses for mft have a hefty premium. The 42.5mm for example listed for $1,600 when released, while the Panasonic f/1.7 version was only $400.00. I see no reason why Leica’s lenses won’t still sell for $5,000 while Panasonic’s will fetch similar prices to what other mfrs ask for.

11 minutes ago, jonpais said:

They already do. Leica lenses for mft have a hefty premium. The 42.5mm for example listed for $1,600 when released, while the Panasonic f/1.7 version was only $400.00. I see no reason why Leica’s lenses won’t still sell for $5,000 while Panasonic’s will fetch similar prices to what other mfrs ask for.

Exactly. Not the same positioning. 

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

That's completely different. In that system there are no Leica cameras and part of the appeal of the Leica lenses in the mft system is their large apertures. Leica is otherwise not known for ultra large aperture lenses, which is all the rage these days. So Panasonic FF lenses will likely have larger apertures than other SL lenses, as well as being cheaper. I just can't see Leica allowing them to have a significant difference in price. 

• Super Members
Just now, Grimor said:

You must bring it to photokina and show them at the "BTM's booth"!!

Funny you should say that because are actually being taken to Photokina on Thursday afternoon and can be evaluated at the official EOSHD press event.

Well, when I say official press event, I actually mean wherever on the show floor I end up bumping into @Andrew Reid 

12 minutes ago, hoodlum said:

And some Sigma lenses will only be available on the L-mount.

Source? In the presser they don't mention anything about exclusive L lenses, and that really doesn't follow Sigma's history of porting lenses to multiple mounts. It wouldn't surprise me to see them in L-mount first, but Sigma needs to recoup development costs so I'm betting everything will find its way to E-mount, and R/Z mount down the line. For a small company, the economy of scale makes a lot more sense.

Dpreview now says sigma is doing a FF, L-mount, Foveon body next year. They're also doing a EF-L mount adapter, though after using the MC-11 on the a7s2 and a73, unless the L-alliance has something revolutionary up its sleeve, AF is going to be a chore with adapted glass.

https://***URL removed***/news/4798649806/sigma-to-take-foveon-full-frame-and-move-to-l-mount

Not sure if its been posted, but there are pics of the prototypes on 43rumors. I hope that on/off switch isn't the final design...

https://www.43rumors.com/first-real-world-pictures-of-the-panasonic-sr1-camera/#disqus_thread

Chris

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 2.01.17 PM.png

There's a popular adage in Brazil which ironically says some people love to have fun with someone else's dick.

These announcements for six months later in time remind me that Brazilian saying.

Go to shoot with your GH5/GH5S, a7III, X-T3 today or the upcoming (for very soon I hope) P4K and... that's it : )

Discuss the potentiality of your tool today. We never know how short life is. Let's stop with all that usual mantra or yet more nonsense.

Digital tech already arrived to the world of pictures, mature in 2018, no excuses anymore  : P c'mon why bother with other girls?

Other than 4K 120fps or better AF for those who love Panny perhaps, your gal complies your standard (Trust me & mark my words, E : -)