Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

1 hour ago, hoodlum said:

Looks like it will have IBIS.

https://www.l-rumors.com/l5-on-sept-25-panasonic-will-annonce-the-development-of-two-ff-cameras-and-three-ff-lenses/

1) Entry level Full Frame L-mount camera with IBIS, 4k60p and Low Resolution Sensor
2) Pro level Full Frame L-mount camera with IBIS, 4k60p and High Resolution Sensor (close to 50MP)
3) New Full Frame 24-70mm zoom lens
4) New Full Frame 50mm fast prime
5) New Full Frame 70-200mm zoom prime

Glad to see that there is, in fact, a low resolution version. Hopefully it's priced competitively with the Z6/A73.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

This just keeps looking better and better. Of all the cameras released this year this is definitely the one Im most curious about.
I didn't care much about the hype of the others, they all seem like great cameras but expected, just upgrades of already available stuff. This feels like something new. Im getting a bit of the same feeling like when the BMCC was announced. It feels fresh.

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, Mmmbeats said:

So how does pixel-shift work?

Takes a series of images and moves the sensor using the ibis in-between. Then the camera stitches them together. Available on many cameras from various brands. The subject needs to be still like architecture or a landscape. Great for product photography.

My short wish list:

1. Atleast a stop more Dynamic Range than the GH5 (so 14 stops or more).

2. Better VLog (with atleast 1 stop more dynamic range on it).

3. Usable Low light upto ISO12800

4. PDAF (which I feel may be a 50:50 and Panasonic may not wanna ditch DFD so soon).

5. The new Mount should add something. Not really sure what, apart from short flange distance.

6. Colour science seems pretty spot on with the GH5s, so that colour science.

7. Have the option for a Proxy Recording at 720p or lower for reference and faster turn around.

Some extras.

8. 14-bit RAW with codec that can be really pushed in post. 

9. Dual articulation screen like on the Fuji ( @Andrew Reid and. @Mattias Burling know the model no ?). I would want a larger screen, but it would be a buyer drain on battery. 

10. The fps for photos would solely depend on what the resolution of the sensor is. So it could be from 7 to 20 fps (with continuous autofocus).

11. The Hasselblad X1D is very similar in size to the GH5, so I don't think it could get much larger in size. But a lower power B&W top display like on the G9 would be nice.

12. Not sure they will be able to stuff an IBIS in that mount (if it's the Leica one), and if they Do, it could be as terrible as on the Sony cameras. That why I hope the mount is larger. Also a multi scan mode like on the JVC LS3000 though for adapting smaller lenses.

13. Maybe a Sony + Panasonic mix of ETC and FF and APS-C crop like the A7iii (and other cams), when one needs more reach for video or photo without changing lenses.

14. That new Sony EVF with 120fps OLED Viewfinder (ECX339A OLED).

15. Vastly improved electronic shutter. The new Fuji XT3 seem to have a really improved one. 

29 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

This really is wild and sounds ALMOST too good to be true. Could this be why Sony wasn't in any rush to announce the A7Siii? Like maybe they're waiting to see what Panasonic and Co have up their sleeve? 

This is likely why sony announced only one lens this week and is leaving the other announcements until after Photokina.  

16 minutes ago, hoodlum said:

This is likely why sony announced only one lens this week and is leaving the other announcements until after Photokina.  

Yeah it strange to fly those reviewers just for 1 lens, that doesn’t make sense! I bet originally it was for a7siii but scratched that when they hear Pana’s plan

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

This just keeps looking better and better. Of all the cameras released this year this is definitely the one Im most curious about.
I didn't care much about the hype of the others, they all seem like great cameras but expected, just upgrades of already available stuff. This feels like something new. Im getting a bit of the same feeling like when the BMCC was announced. It feels fresh.

Exactly. I'm on the same boat, and let's not forget Panasonic in general always had a tradition for innovation and very few weaknesses with their cameras. E.g. apart from the sensor limitations (where applicable) and video AF (for the most part, although improved), the GH5/G9 are almost perfect hybrid cameras IMHO. 

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

Takes a series of images and moves the sensor using the ibis in-between. Then the camera stitches them together. Available on many cameras from various brands. The subject needs to be still like architecture or a landscape. Great for product photography.

It can do much more: as Hasselblad does, it can also get true color information for each pixel (three different positions) and still produce a "base" resolution image with much improved (accurate) color.