Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

27 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Its a 1DX with 4K and it was first. Lets just try to live with that instead of trying to reshape history with strange rules just to make a point ;)

(Btw, I sold my A7sii and could buy a 1DC with money to spare.)

O please, It was ridiculously expensive when launched if you wanted 4k video.

March 2012 1DX $6,799.00 (suggested retail body only)

May 2014 GH4  $1,699.99

sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS-1D_X

https://***URL removed***/articles/5485059243/panasonic-uk-announces-price-and-availability-for-lumix-dmc-gh4

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Price doesn't alter time. But ok, you have convinced me, I will go along with you.

The EOS-R is the first mirrorless camera ever. Cool that Canon invented it. All the others are disqualified for various caveats that I need for it to be true :)

(Its really starting to go from regular fanboy bashing to straight up weird.)

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

I’m sorry, but these never-ending remarks about everyone dumping their GH5 cameras; speculating whether Panasonic is losing money on them; predicting that prices will plummet - is there some personal motive why someone’s been posting absurd comments like these week after week for as long as I can remember? 

Yes, Panasonic bullied me back in grade school... but he was known as Sonic back then but it left a horrendous memory deep inside my psyche and the only way for me to get my dignity back is to make earth shattering inquiries about the GH5...

But I never said everybody is dumping their GH5. I said a lot of people seem to be moving onto other cameras. I also questioned if Panasonic makes or made a profit on the GH5. We recently learned that Olympus loses money on every camera they sell in the US. We also know that Olympus sells more cameras than Panasonic... so...

Just a conversation online. I am actually thinking about buying a GH5, so I have no ill will or intention.

7 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yes, Panasonic bullied me back in grade school... but he was known as Sonic back then but it left a horrendous memory deep inside my psyche and the only way for me to get my dignity back is to make earth shattering inquiries about the GH5...

But I never said everybody is dumping their GH5. I said a lot of people seem to be moving onto other cameras. I also questioned if Panasonic makes or made a profit on the GH5. We recently learned that Olympus loses money on every camera they sell in the US. We also know that Olympus sells more cameras than Panasonic... so...

Just a conversation online. I am actually thinking about buying a GH5, so I have no ill will or intention.

I don't think he was referring to you.

I think he was referring to the legions of a holes that pop up across the internet claiming m43 will be whipped out by smartphones or FF mirrorless! Honestly photography & videography trolls are worse than just about any other type of troll I've encountered. 

4 hours ago, jonpais said:

I’m sorry, but these never-ending remarks about everyone dumping their GH5 cameras; speculating whether Panasonic is losing money on them; predicting that prices will plummet - is there some personal motive why someone’s been posting absurd comments like these week after week for as long as I can remember? 

From my experience with women - that unfathomable beings of absurd - I read these remarks as declaration of deepest connection and love.

I'm interested to know what the FF Panasonic will offer and how practical it will be.

I have a GH5 (also a Canon C100 among other cameras) and as someone who 95% of the time is shooting video I think the GH5 is great and I'd need something really special right now to leave it. As a cheapish video camera it is great. I have shot whole day confrences with the GH5 as a main static camera plugged into the mic desk (xlr unit is great) and a GX85 handheld doing cutaways. Light, efficient, reliable...great. I have a client here who works with football players in La Liga. He was used to people who turned up with a Canon DSLR or a Sony and would hand in wobbly Making Of fashion shoot videos and static interviews. Now I know it's not all down to the cameras but the Panasonics were a big part in being able to win over the client. Run n gun video done with little fuss, very discrete. Interviews with one camera that gives us reframing options, good sound and no cuts....my client likes that!

I'll be trying a GH5S this weekend to see how well it complements the GH5. They are great video cameras (not perfect) that can take good photos. If you need and all terrain video centric mirrorless then I can't see past them at the moment.

In saying that, bring on the innovation!

12 hours ago, jonpais said:

Is there some secret commodities market out there that you can trade futures on for the GH5?

Then I can only assume he has gone long on his investment position with the GH5, and he stands to make a fortune if people panic and the price for a GH5 plummets. 

10 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

(Btw, I sold my A7sii and could buy a 1DC with money to spare.)

Well yes, now we can, the 1D C is old! And prices have fallen to much more respectable amounts. 

24 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Hmm, a rumored 3000 dollar body with a 5000 dollar minimum lens available for it. Yeah that ought to work out well!

Panasonic will release normal priced lenses. So it's not a cons to use this mount. It's not a pros either cause I agree nobody's gonna buy the leica lenses 

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-a-new-force-is-building-up-leica-panasonic-and-sigma-are-on-board-together-on-the-full-frame-sl-mount-project/

Wow!

"About lenses: I have been told that all three companies understood lenses are the key to succeed. This means right from the start there will be many more lenses than you can have now with the Canon EOS-R and Nikon Z system."