Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, DBounce said:

If this was anyone other than Panasonic I would agree. But I would not underestimate Panasonic... that's like bring a knife to a gun fight.

True, but the $7k AU-EVA1 doesn't have it. Raw out is $15k VariCam territory.

I just can't see this happening, not at a price point where Panasonic can sell it to consumers and low level pros.

Recent Rumors on it: 

Unconfirmed: the camera will use a new Panasonic sensor unsure of MP but believed to be around 30MP

Confirmed: full frame readout in 4k no pixel binning, no crop in 4k 24/25

Confirmed: internal 4k 10bit 4:2:2 recording up to 60p (all i frames in 24/25 believed to be around 200mbs)

Unconfirmed: possible 4k raw recording (may be external output only, there had been some early difficulty with hdmi and raw output)

Unconfirmed: two card slots not sure if they are 2 x sdxc or 1x cfast 2.0 and 1x sdxc (probably depends on whether raw recording is internal or external)

Unconfirmed: early prototype had no ibis due to sensor size and other internal elements, may change on release.

Unconfirmed: new ff lenses will have is, unsure if all new lenses will have it but if there is no ibis then it would make sense.

Confirmed: audio adaptor similar to gh5 with more robust connection and additional controls

Partially Confirmed: there will be some type of variable nd, not sure if this is an add on adaptor or built in.

Confirmed: adaptors will be available for other lens mounts canon ef etc… unsure if they will work with the nd adaptor.

Confirmed: weather sealed body, unsure if it is fully weather sealed but speculation is it is shower /splash dust proof.

Ports: headphone, mic, usbc, hdmi, flash to double as timecode sync as with Gh5s

Pricing unavailable: estimated to be in the region of 3k

Panasonic are confident this new camera will be a big seller and will seriously challenge Sony and Canon as the top selling ff mirrorless camera.

19 hours ago, Dan Sherman said:

True, but the $7k AU-EVA1 doesn't have it. Raw out is $15k VariCam territory.

I just can't see this happening, not at a price point where Panasonic can sell it to consumers and low level pros.

Well EVA1 and Varicam are not full frame either... so that imaginary rule is already broken.

“Im trying to free your mind Neo”

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-the-new-panasonic-ff-has-way-more-than-30-megapixels/

Holy cheap batman... this is FT5 now!!

This makes me question everything. 

Should I still want to get the Panasonic 12-60 & 42.5mm f1.7??

I want them.... But also I don't want them to become like my Samsung lenses are now ?

To sum up this what we know so far (FT5):

Panasonic will announce a new Full Frame Mirrorless system camera on September 25

Panasonic will only show a prototype with non finalized specs

The new camera will go on market by March 2019

Panasonic has designed this new sensor

The camera will have way more than 30 Megapixels

The camera has excellent video quality

These are the unconfirmed rumors (FT2….may be right or may be wrong):

The camera will take current MFT lenses via adapter

Costs around $3,000

Has no on sensor stabilization

2 slot card

4K with no crop in FF and 10 bit 4:2:2

weather sealed 

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-the-new-panasonic-ff-has-way-more-than-30-megapixels/

B

31 minutes ago, Borbarad said:

The new camera will go on market by March 2019

Is that a jab at BMD? Announcing it exactly 6 months ahead of release?

Unfortunetely, I was thinking of waiting to see what this camera is all about, but having heldback on upgrading for a few months already, I can't afford another 6 months. By then, someone else will announce their next camera and the waiting game will start again. Reminds me of 'Oh The Places You'll Go'.

You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles cross weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or the waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for the wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.

NO!
That's not for you!

Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

Few more leaks from same direction

Note that we differ with 43rumors a lot on this.

43rumors is being fed by PR department this time a lot my source said.

Two main PR targets for camera - HDR (and DR in general) and 8K (rescaled)

8K mode rolling shutter will be just horrible, but top management keep insisting on 2020K 8K PR stunts

Panasonic will form "hounds pack" to absolutely control all reviews and samples before mass sales

Panasonic will try to surpass Nikon margins on lenses

Panasonic will try to surpass Nikon/Sony margins on body and set new record

Focus in reviews will be made on cinematic samples and will be done under supervision

Target audience - rich lawyers, medics, travelers, etc

Panasonic will introduce special elite support option

Discussion still ongoing about moving some basic functions like timelapses and image profiles to paid options

Some engineering things:

Almost all FF cameras, including this, use exact same OLED EVF, progress is expected only late next year

Sensor progress almost stopped, FF sensor will use EVA1 approach, it'll be backlit sensor

Rear LCD will be of slightly improved resolution, but no more than 2.1Mdots

Big engineering resources being spend to cheapen body construction (for few extra dollars) but keep sealing and integrity

Personal View.

• Administrators

Panasonic made the firmware for the Leica SL and Leica Q. Some say they made the entire cameras including optics. You could go so far as to say they are Panasonic full frame cameras with a Leica badge.

I would expect the first Panasonic Lumix G full frame camera(s) to be similar to the Leica SL but with full frame 4K and the usual Panasonic niceties (i.e. 4K Photo, etc.), overall a packed feature-set and 5 axis IBIS.

As a Leica Q and SL user myself, they are ergonomically a total treat and the Q is very light. I would love to see a Panasonic Q with 4K, as neither the Q or Sony RX1R II do that.

Very good - classing leading - EVFs on both of them.

I wouldn't; have thought they would try and put an 8K sensor in there, that would be around 50MP in 3:2 aspect ratio for stills. We're not quite there yet with a sensor that good and fast enough for 8K video.

Well here we go...

https://www.43rumors.com/ft3-seems-like-olympus-plays-no-role-in-the-new-panasonic-ff-system-while-leica-might-be-partner-of-it/#disqus_thread

personally i don’t think it’s the Leica L mount but there could be an adapter for Panasonic. The flange distance from the Leica is larger than usual.

however the mount question is an interesting one anyway..... lots to speculate... I think they will just have two lenses to start with. One Prime and a 24-70 f2.8

B