Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

24 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Panasonic should just focus on television sets and washing machines. They’ve got no reason to make cameras anymore. True filmmakers shoot BMD, hybrid shooters will choose Canon. 

Do you really think the vast majority of people even know Panasonic Makes cameras? They have done a Terrible job of market advertising, presence in box stores here in the USA. If they went out of business here hardly anyone would notice. They don't even sell many TV's here anymore. Hell maybe none?

"TOKYO (Reuters) - Panasonic Corp on Tuesday said it will close its unprofitable television screen manufacturing business, leaving Sharp Corp as Japan's sole TV panel maker. A Panasonic spokeswoman said the company will stop producing TV screens at its plant in Himeji, western Japan, by the end of September.May 31, 2016".

Doesn't look too good does it.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

spec list from PV

Some internal leaks

8K possible (rescaled as people tell)

2160p50/p60 and full 4K cinema p50 and p60

90% it'll use Sony A7S III sensor, but with some changes

10bit internal and HDR for certain

Focus on dynamic range

Still Depth of Defocus as main push for AF, camera will badly compare to canon FF new offer

Internal raw can be special expensive (up to $399 I had been told) license option

Engineers tell managers that implementing raw (compressed!) with new LSI they will use is no problem

Guess AF is still weak but internal 10bit and RAW is a go? That will be the cheapest FF cinema camera for sure! 5D RAW can say good bye after all

Wonder if A7SIII still use CDAF if they use same sensor? That should sorta confirms 24mp for a7siii since no way this will be a 12mp camera.

14 minutes ago, Django said:

FF 8K 10-bit & Raw internal..?? with A7S3 sensor ?!!! Why on earth would Sony grant them that? Why wouldn't Panny use TowerJazz sensors?

I gotta seriously question these "leaks"... not to mention such specs would render their $7,500 EVA-1 obsolete.. after only 8 months..

Actually I think the rumour may be correct.

Only that it will be a Cinema Camera like the Varicam with a Full Frame sized sensor (larger than the sensor on the Varicam).

It won't be a consumer camera. Right now Panasonic has too many issued with getting a FF Consumer/ Prosumer Camera:

1. Lack of PDAF. It can't use its DFD for Full Frame. 

2. No FF lenses yet. If it uses the Leica Mount, it will have to create affordable lenses and a lot more than those currently on offer.

There are Many other things it needs to do too. 

4 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Actually I think the rumour may be correct.

Only that it will be a Cinema Camera like the Varicam with a Full Frame sized sensor (larger than the sensor on the Varicam).

It won't be a consumer camera. Right now Panasonic has too many issued with getting a FF Consumer/ Prosumer Camera:

1. Lack of PDAF. It can't use its DFD for Full Frame. 

2. No FF lenses yet. If it uses the Leica Mount, it will have to create affordable lenses and a lot more than those currently on offer.

There are Many other things it needs to do too. 

This. I'd be shocked if they did all that in anything other than a cinema camera. 

35 minutes ago, hoodlum said:

If it was a cinema camera they wouldn't announce it at photokina. We will find out early next week

Apart from PDAF, they could easily handle everything else. Maybe they will use the Olympus full frame lenses that Olympus has been patiently patenting over the last 5 years. Or get Sigma to design cheaper Leica Mount lenses for them.

It seems too speculative. More than anything I am curious to know how M43 users feel about the apparent rumour.  

8 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

This thing is going to be a Cine camera so it doesn't really matter what mount it has. It will be 5000 bucks or more. Probably 10,000 bucks or more.

I'm betting this as well. 

last year the site was 100% sure Panasonic was going to release an APS-C camera. They didn't, it was the AU-EVA1!