Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless talk hots up

Andrew Reid

• Super Members
2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

TL;DR Not interested in getting sucked in to your lengthy, pointless derailing of yet another thread.

If its not about the EOS-R I wont comment.

The camera starts shipping soon so we can get some useful info injected in to the discussion. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

@Mattias Burling certainly, we are all ready for your 1.500 Canon cameras from day one.

Please stop taggning me if its not about the EOS-R or if you are just gonna troll like this. In fact, Ive asked you before to just leave me alone, I'm not interested in your leangthy debates about OT subjects based on things you've just made up in your imagination.

20 hours ago, jonpais said:

That last sentence of yours just killed whatever trust I had in your little hands on review.

If you are referring to me JonPais, then thanks for even having any bit of trust in my hands on experience! I do love all of the tech that is coming out and haven't been much into the DSLR/Mirrorless game for long. I am a fan of paying full boat for something that is definitely priced appropriately! I loved and owned the a6500 when it came out, but the shortcomings were too much for me. I sold my nikon d7000 cause the video was mush. Sold my first 5D mkii within 48 hours (in 2017) because the video was soft. Sold the XT2 twice and X-H1 once because the video was fantastic and SOOC pics were great, but for video there were too many compromises. Battery life, the 4gb file , and you needed the battery grip. Sold the c100 mki because there was no 60P and the LCD was subpar (compared to the mkii). 

The a7iii checked many of the boxes with IBIS, but to me the biggest letdown was the LCD and EVF.  I've had hands on with the Z7 (which felt really great holding it in your hand), X-T3 (which provides very lovely images and AF and fantastic photography) is definitely worth the cash (mine gets here on Wednesday), the EOS R while lovely, the price is too high $2,300 for a camera that does 720P 120fps in 2018 is really sad. Will it dropping to $1,600 making more palatable? Maybe, but you can pick up an a6300 or a6500 for $6-$900 used and get better 1080p, pick up a GH5 for $1,300 used. You'll still get better slowmotion with those cameras and not overpay! I would pay $1,200 for a 6Dmkii because it's a good camera that is wx resistance and that EF mount allow you to buy some great third party glass like the tamron 15-30 2.8 with VC for less than $1,200 used! The EF mount is very flexible and you have access to a lot of great glass. A lot of choices and it's great to be a visual creator in 2018! 

• Super Members
10 minutes ago, padam said:

Was that the Praktica? I wanted to show that to a friend, but it got removed :(

Yes, the BX20. I bought the camera. Really awesome to use until the East German/Italian build quality showed its face :)

Best shutter sound ever.

To keep things on topic. I haven't seen any comments on the EOS-R shutter sound. Nice, nast, loud, silent, anyone knows?

13 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Yes, the BX20. I bought the camera. Really awesome to use until the East German/Italian build quality showed its face :)

Best shutter sound ever.

To keep things on topic. I haven't seen any comments on the EOS-R shutter sound. Nice, nast, loud, silent, anyone knows?

I have it as well, love the finder, but the shutter shock is also the thing I really hate about it ? Love the lenses though (and kind of annoyed that they can't be put on an SLR like the Konica FC-1, which I find to be more discreet)

The EOS R shutter looks ok, it is bigger so more clunky than the EOS M series (but similar), so it is far from being silent, but I am sure it is well damped and the silent continuous mode will be very useful (when the update finally comes up).

That kind of language is just expressly calculated to piss off anyone you happen to disagree with.

So good on you, Mattias.

But there just might be one or two filmmakers on the planet who very well might want to shoot 10-bit FHD.

(Mattias edited his post, which read he could give two shits and a popsicle about external recording and 10-bit, to which I replied that we could give two shits about his opinion, for those who are joining this entertainment late.)

• Super Members

You are the most sensitive little Farang I have ever come across.

And I think you are a bit of a coward when editing your post like that. You know as well as I that that wasn't your original post. But two can play at that game :) 

Unlike you I dont believe that my needs and wants apply to every one and everything.

7 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

You are the most sensitive little Farang I have ever come across. 

aren't we cute? because in Vietnam, we don't use 'farang'. we say người nước ngoài. 

7 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

You are the most sensitive little Farang I have ever come across. And I think you are a bit of a coward when editing your post like that. You know as well as I that that wasn't your original post.

Unlike you I dont believe that my needs and wants apply to every one and everything.

on the contrary, my little mutt lover, you made it quite clear that 10-bit is unnecessary, even if that was one of huge selling points of the EOS R, X-T3 and Z7 cameras.