Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless talk hots up

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, newfoundmass said:

I think this camera is enough to hurt Sony, given the similar price point and giving the camera just enough pro video features. For a lot of people the C-Log and focus features will be enough to make them go with this over, say, a A7iii.

Sony is feeling the heat I bet. 

If the A7siii has a 20mp + sensor so it can take good stills, it will get interesting. That camera wont be in the same price range though. 

• Super Members

The digital IS on my 6D is decent but I never use it. Mainly because EF lenses IS, as well as Nikons VR can easily rival IBIS for hand held shooting imo.

On the 5Dmkiii I could handhold 200mm with IS and on the D750 I was at 120mm all the time. Nice and smooth.

For vintage glass or to get the floaty look is of course a different story. So I'm hoping for stabilized primes like the 35mm f2.

1 minute ago, newfoundmass said:

I think this camera is enough to hurt Sony, given the similar price point and giving the camera just enough pro video features. For a lot of people the C-Log and focus features will be enough to make them go with this over, say, a A7iii.

Sony is feeling the heat I bet. 

The C-Log and focus features are definitely interesting. Do you know how the manual focus guide works?

If this camera was less than 2 grand, I’d probably give it a go, but at $2300... I’m just not sure.

"The ND Slot EF Adapter is very interesting and will be particularly useful for us as video and time-lapse shooters. The ND slot has options for a variable ND filter or a polarizer. We tested the Variable ND Filter shooting a time-lapse and slowly turned the ND wheel while the sun went down in order to maintain a correct exposure. This is a lot easier than trying to adjust aperture, shutter speed or ISO between exposures on the camera itself. Using the variable ND for video is also a killer feature. It means you don’t need to swap variable ND filters between multiple EF lenses (or buy multiple ND’s for all lenses) as it all happens on the adapter itself. The ND Range is ND3–ND500 or the equivalent to 1.5–9 stops. This Is a massive range and will work great for video as it can go all the way down to 1.5 and equally good at 9 stops for shooting long exposures. The option to drop in a polarizer is also super handy. "

This is where they set themselves apart for me. You add autofucs with this and what more do you need. Iam just not clear if it is internal clog?

Answering myself - clog is internal. 

8 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

"The ND Slot EF Adapter is very interesting and will be particularly useful for us as video and time-lapse shooters. The ND slot has options for a variable ND filter or a polarizer. We tested the Variable ND Filter shooting a time-lapse and slowly turned the ND wheel while the sun went down in order to maintain a correct exposure. This is a lot easier than trying to adjust aperture, shutter speed or ISO between exposures on the camera itself. Using the variable ND for video is also a killer feature. It means you don’t need to swap variable ND filters between multiple EF lenses (or buy multiple ND’s for all lenses) as it all happens on the adapter itself. The ND Range is ND3–ND500 or the equivalent to 1.5–9 stops. This Is a massive range and will work great for video as it can go all the way down to 1.5 and equally good at 9 stops for shooting long exposures. The option to drop in a polarizer is also super handy. "

This is where they set themselves apart for me. You add autofucs with this and what more do you need. Iam just not clear if it is internal clog?

Answering myself - clog is internal. 

Thanks, that adapter sounds amazing. Do we know the price of the adapter yet? It would be great if Canon made an RF-FD ND adapter. With the manual focus aids, FD lenses could be killer on this camera.

OK sorry have not read all the pages. But is there also a crop in 1080p? or is that full frame?

As there is a crop in 4K, do you think metabones will build a speedbooster for this?

I am hoping ML can crack this camera to unleash its full potential. Too bad the cameras is only 12 stops of DR. Seems quite low this day and age.