PepperJay

WTB: Zeiss Ikon Anamorphot 22/1.5x

Hi, I'm looking to buy a well kept unit for a fair price via PayPal or local purchase (Los Angeles) only. I have a 100% buyer/seller rating w/ over 500+ transactions. PM me if you're interested and are open to selling. BTW, the current listing on ebay is laughable, so if you're looking for that kind of money, well, I guess I'll just have to laugh. Cheers & thanks.

-Jay

(not my photo below--for reference only)

zia.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As soon as I can get an acceptable mount, I'll run some tests and post links here. I've seen two tests online with this lens, but as every lens brings its own condition, identical focus and clarity is never a given. My eventual goal is to do a side by side with the Iscomorphot 8/1.5x, which as you may already know has the same single focusing internal diopter.

The ebay vendor I purchased from in Poland apparently has at least two more of these lenses that she rolled out immediately after our transaction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-Zeiss-Ikon-Anamorphot-22-1-5x-No7621411/263912464050?hash=item3d72689eb2:g:aKkAAOSwTWZbjsKu

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-Zeiss-Ikon-Anamorphot-22-1-5x-No7623567-Adapted-Mint/253845671704?hash=item3b1a618f18:g:XDAAAOSwvGdbjsJH

The Buy it Now price in the first listing is pretty much what they're willing to sell the cheaper one for, and I couldn't see what spots they're referring to that wouldn't be able to be wiped away with some cleaner. The 2nd listing may just be there to drum up interest in the 1st.

Cheers!

On 1/27/2019 at 7:24 AM, mirekti said:

How much did you pay?

About $1,400.  I know it was about $400 more than I could have gotten it for, but the condition was great and I wanted to stop wasting time checking in on ebay every morning. 😄  I think the second one is still available, and the only "spots on lens" I can see appear to be cleaning smears, perhaps on the inside.