Andrew Reid

Nikon Z6 features 4K N-LOG, 10bit HDMI output and 120fps 1080p

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, hoodlum said:

Nikon announced that ProRes Raw is coming in a future firmware update.  Nikon also announced a Nikon Z 6 Filmmaker’s Kit for $4k.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/7011682215/nikon-to-add-eye-af-raw-video-support-and-cfexpress-support-to-z-series

Crazy! I am hoping Panasonic and Sony will also be offering RAW recording out. 

RAW off the Z6 sensor should get quite good dynamic range. 

1 hour ago, hoodlum said:

Nikon announced that ProRes Raw is coming in a future firmware update.  Nikon also announced a Nikon Z 6 Filmmaker’s Kit for $4k.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/7011682215/nikon-to-add-eye-af-raw-video-support-and-cfexpress-support-to-z-series

Amazong. So is this the first hybrid camera to natively offer RAW video? I would never have guessed that Nikon would be first.

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Nice to know : ) Wish 4K60p might be a reality as well...

Let's not get too optimistic. Offering RAW output does not mean bypassing the underlying sensor readout drive limitations (sub-LVDS 12bit readout).

8 minutes ago, androidlad said:

Let's not get too optimistic. Offering RAW output does not mean bypassing the underlying sensor readout drive limitations (sub-LVDS 12bit readout).

Hence to limit myself to dream about... ; ) Either way, still a milestone this upgrade no matter what : -)

So is this the first camera to offer RAW over HDMI??? (I think most cameras that offer RAW either do it over SDI or USB C, don't they???)

Or does the BMPCC4k have RAW over HDMI?

Jeez... this is pretty tempting now. 4K 60p would be nice. And having N Log internally would be nice as well (but if I need to get a Ninja V for recording RAW then I guess it is a moot point, huh?)

Darn... kind of wish I had held on to my Nikon glass...

6 minutes ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Or does the BMPCC4k have RAW over HDMI?

I don't think it does - but the HDMI is limited to 1080p only. 

Since it does Internal RAW or to an SSD though, it wouldn't benefit from having it on HDMI - you can get the same end result with a much cheaper, or even no monitor.

18 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I don't think it does - but the HDMI is limited to 1080p only. 

Since it does Internal RAW or to an SSD though, it wouldn't benefit from having it on HDMI - you can get the same end result with a much cheaper, or even no monitor.

Thanks! So yeah, I guess that means the Z6 / Z7 will be the first to offer RAW over HDMI then...