Nikon Z6 features 4K N-LOG, 10bit HDMI output and 120fps 1080p

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Camera compamies frustrate me with RAW video. They could easily give cdng to the card. Magic lantern gave us this with the 2009 canon 50d. It’s not rocket science people. Instead, in the name of $$$ we get to pay $500 to shoot a limited, compressed version of raw that only works in a specific NLE. Not only that, but we don’t even know when it comes out. 

I think the colour pics are really great. As all the other photographs there. Good to see someone review these things who is actually a good photographer. 

How is it that whenever anyone posts anything positive in a Nikon or Canon thread you have immediately shoot it down webrunner5? 

6 hours ago, heart0less said:

Dreadful? 

Terrific! Very Fuji-like to me. 

Jesus the detail in faces is just a blob. Plastic fantastic. Dark as heck to boot. Maybe that was shot by the guy that did that stupid dark as hell mini series. Game of Thrones.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:46 PM, webrunner5 said:

Jesus the detail in faces is just a blob. Plastic fantastic. Dark as heck to boot. Maybe that was shot by the guy that did that stupid dark as hell mini series. Game of Thrones.

What link are you commenting on? 

This one ? https://alikgriffin.com/nikon-50mm-f1-8-s-lens-review-sample-photos/

The color and color photo's are on target. You're monitor or flat panel tv color is off or your a Nikon hater like previously. 

4 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

What link are you commenting on? 

This one ? https://alikgriffin.com/nikon-50mm-f1-8-s-lens-review-sample-photos/

The color and color photo's are on target. You're monitor or flat panel tv color is off or your a Nikon hater like previously. 

Yeah that is the stupid ass photos I was talking about. You are crazier than I thought if you think that stuff is even piss poor, let alone good.

On 7/16/2019 at 9:44 AM, webrunner5 said:

Good and great is a Big difference.

You said those lenses "suck ass for video".  

Suck ass is not close to good or great is it.  How much cine manual glass do you see on the GH5 or P4K? It's defiantly not the majority.  

6 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah that is the stupid ass photos I was talking about. You are crazier than I thought if you think that stuff is even piss poor, let alone good.

Dude you said a few weeks ago your monitor was just recalibrated.  

Instead of quoting Jethro with "it sucks ass". Tell us why the color is off and stop using the words too dark and moody.  This board is suppose to have discussions and it seems 'sucks ass" in not a very cinematic was to express how good or bad something is. 

Oh and also read the comments from that link and the other EOSH posters that disagree with you.  You also a Nikon hater and not a photographer.

6 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

And to be clear I never said the photo's had amazing subject matter or were perfect photo's but the color is not off and not like Sony and not wrong. 

If you are serious about this stuff you Own Cine Glass. The average person on here is just a Hobbyist. People that make a living doing this stuff are the opposite of the average person on here. They probably have WAY more money tied up in 3 to 5 lenses than people ever thought about camera wise.

So yeah the GH5 is just Chump Change compared to the rest of the stuff they own or need. If normal lenses were that good all these Other company's would be out of business.

14 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

And to be clear I never said the photo's had amazing subject matter or were perfect photo's but the color is not off and not like Sony and not wrong. 

They don't have ANY matter. They are a Plastic Blob. I think they are close to the worse photos I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot trust me.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

If you are serious about this stuff you Own Cine Glass. The average person on here is just a Hobbyist. People that make a living doing this stuff are the opposite of the average person on here. They probably have WAY more money tied up in 3 to 5 lenses than people ever thought about camera wise.

So yeah the GH5 is just Chump Change compared to the rest of the stuff they own or need. If normal lenses were that good all these Other company's would be out of business.

As I've said before when I needed I've rented the RED with 40K value in cine glass and the full package with a DP.  You can keep making old man comments about who and what people are on these boards but you don't have a clue. Go hand out on the cine pro forum and let us hobbyist do our thing. 

And I'll rent gear all day long before I event 30K in glass or 30K on a RED or other set up.

3 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

And I'll rent gear all day long before I event 30K in glass or 30K on a RED or other set up.

That tells me all I need to know about you then. Grats. If you think 60K is some Hugh ass investment for video when you are tying to make a living doing it you are on drugs.

5 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

They don't have ANY matter. They are a Plastic Blob. I think they are close to the worse photos I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot trust me.

They don't look plastic. They look better then Sony color and skin tone. Seriously take a phone picture of you computer screen because you must have the settings jacked up. 

Just now, webrunner5 said:

That tells me all I need to know about you then. Grats.

And what does that tell you about me? 

16 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

And what does that tell you about me? 

I spent that much and more 35 years ago every year doing video. Sounds to me you are pretty clueless about this craft. Hell that is hardly 2 great Tripod setups in this day and age. I guess you rent that shit also. I thought you were a director? Why would a Director rent anything. Isn't that what a Producer does? Maybe if you hire a DoP he, she brings their own shit at times.

38 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I spent that much and more 35 years ago every year doing video. Sounds to me you are pretty clueless about this craft. Hell that is hardly 2 great Tripod setups in this day and age. I guess you rent that shit also. I thought you were a director? Why would a Director rent anything. Isn't that what a Producer does?

As I said before when I direct a job I get the whole job. My production, my production insurance. I'm hands on.  I'm also the creative on all my jobs. 

How is this clueless about this craft? 

On smaller gigs I handle the above and am the DP.  I also edit and grade my work. 

Hey send us some of your work it would be great to see your IMBD.

38 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Sounds to me you are pretty clueless about this craft. 

I'm here to learn as much as I can.  I love directing, creative, editing, cinematography and photography.

Oh I was never that big time. I did local commercials and spots for TV. Carry over from my ENG work.  Had a lot of contacts in the "business".  So I guess I was like you. Chief, cook, and bottle washer. It was Super big money even for used stuff. We are talking 100K cameras new then. Miller tripods, fluid heads cost 1000's used. Only thing worth having at the time.

All that footage is Long gone. Like I said some of that stuff my daughter still has in California. 720i was the best she has yet I guess of it. It's a joke now, but with skill it can be pretty good. It was the cats ass at the time. Tube and CCD stuff, tape decks and all. I guess she still keeps it because it sent her through 8 years of Collage. Made a Lot of money with it. I used her as a actor in some of it. It was a ball buster to do to be honest. Like I have said on here 100 times, Video Is Hard. Photo is a walk in the park compared to it.

11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Oh I was never that big time. I did local commercials and spots for TV. Carry over from my ENG work.  Had a lot of contacts in the "business".  So I guess I was like you. Chief, cook, and bottle washer. It was Super big money even for used stuff. We are talking 100K cameras new then. Miller tripods, fluid heads cost 1000's used. Only thing worth having at the time.

All that footage is Long gone. Like I said some of that stuff my daughter still has in California. 720i was the best she has yet I guess of it. It's a joke now, but with skill it can be pretty good. It was the cats ass at the time. Tube and CCD stuff, tape decks and all. I guess she still keeps it because it sent her through 8 years of Collage. Made a Lot of money with it. I used her as a actor in some of it. It was a ball buster to do to be honest. Like I have said on here 100 times, Video Is Hard. Photo is a walk in the park compared to it.

Video is hard.  Lol

Nikon just released firmware update 2.01 for the Z6.

Nice tweaks and I'll go on record to say the AF and EYE AF are at the Sony level now. 

(My honest take on this is Nikon should have had the Z6 at this level at launch. I am almost positive the Z6 had focus plane issues that weren't working right when the camera was released. I'm not a tech guy but it was just off.  This was fixed in the last version and 2.01 just went further with the tweaking.)

For all the Z6 owners what's your take?

Hugh Brownstone helps people wake up on the good deal that the Z system represents... Now having completed the basic trio 35-50-85/1.8, in lightweight, weather sealed, razor sharp, relatively affordable packages.

IF they also deliver on proresRaw as promised in September-ish than I suspect we will be talking about Nikon for a while.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

He is a Photo guy. Industrial photography at that. Razor sharp is the hot setup for that. Video not so much. There is a reason things are a "Good Deal". No free lunch.

3 BlindMean does lots of video work and he's a good knowledgeable You Tuber.  

That 85 f1.8 will look amazing paired with the Z6 for video.  Anyone looking into this don't listen to the negative ones.

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

Hugh Brownstone helps people wake up on the good deal that the Z system represents... Now having completed the basic trio 35-50-85/1.8, in lightweight, weather sealed, razor sharp, relatively affordable packages.

IF they also deliver on proresRaw as promised in September-ish than I suspect we will be talking about Nikon for a while.

Good post @Timotheus

This is happening in October for east coast people.

Cine Gear Expo Atlanta

http://www.cinegearexpo.com/atlanta-expo?sf199520077=1