Nikon Z6 features 4K N-LOG, 10bit HDMI output and 120fps 1080p

Andrew Reid

34 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

I can't and we can't translate those prices and again the sky is falling and you keep apologizing and then posting the same sorrow. I'm sorry you have to sale your gear but you've jumped into the "I hate Nikon" group for the odd reason that you can't sell your gear. Selling used gear is not for everyone and I actually bought my Z6 used with 50 f1.8 for 2K two months ago. The seller needed the money and made me a great offer.

Either you are mentally ill and your paranoïa is altering your judgment and brain functions, or your love affair/carnal passion with the z6 distort your capacity to process information and makes you attacking even the person who said they love too your "precious" half...

I answered you with facts. Period. And, again, it is not because I point reality with facts, with links, and I open your eyes concerning nikon recents failures, that I am a Nikon hater. You behavior is seriously disturbing.

So, you won't read, again, but it will be my last try, after that... it will be like arguing with a flat earther or chemtrails believer :

- I loved my z6, better than my D90, D600/610, D7200 and 750.

- For stills, I prefer Nikon than Canon or Fuji that I tried

- Prices of z6 are quickly falling : you asked me links, I gave it to you (and you ignore it cause it does not serve you false version of reality)

- I just point that cause I have to sell mine with regrets, and it is annoying. Where in that I show a sign of feeling the sky is falling ?

- You will answer for the 526th time : "but Sony and panasonic blablabla"

- Earth is sadly not flat

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, Geoff_L said:

Either you are mentally ill and your paranoïa is altering your judgment and brain functions, or your love affair/carnal passion with the z6 distort your capacity to process information and makes you attacking even the person who said they love too your "precious" half...

I answered you with facts. Period. And, again, it is not because I point reality with facts, with links, and I open your eyes concerning nikon recents failures, that I am a Nikon hater. You behavior is seriously disturbing.

So, you won't read, again, but it will be my last try, after that... it will be like arguing with a flat earther or chemtrails believer :

- I loved my z6, better than my D90, D600/610, D7200 and 750.

- For stills, I prefer Nikon than Canon or Fuji that I tried

- Prices of z6 are quickly falling : you asked me links, I gave it to you (and you ignore it cause it does not serve you false version of reality)

- I just point that cause I have to sell mine with regrets, and it is annoying. Where in that I show a sign of feeling the sky is falling ?

- You will answer for the 526th time : "but Sony and panasonic blablabla"

- Earth is sadly not flat

What with the personal shots dude?

Go look at the link I posted from Ebay and the Z6 - Z7 are holding there value.  No other way to interrupt that fact. 

Your story about a guy that sold his when he was desperate and behind the dumpster mean nothing. 

You already exaggerated the "half the original value" so you're an exaggerator of the truth. 

You're comments and exaggerations about Nikon and the price drop and everything else does come off as the sky is falling because you keep on and keep apologizing for exaggerating but continue to say the price has dropped further then it actually has. 

Here's a clue. Don't respond to my comments if you don't want a response. You're like the girl in the relationship that want to get the last word in. Give it a rest.

34 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

What with the personal shots dude?

Go look at the link I posted from Ebay and the Z6 - Z7 are holding there value.  No other way to interrupt that fact. 

Your story about a guy that sold his when he was desperate and behind the dumpster mean nothing. 

You already exaggerated the "half the original value" so you're an exaggerator of the truth. 

You're comments and exaggerations about Nikon and the price drop and everything else does come off as the sky is falling because you keep on and keep apologizing for exaggerating but continue to say the price has dropped further then it actually has. 

Here's a clue. Don't respond to my comments if you don't want a response. You're like the girl in the relationship that want to get the last word in. Give it a rest.

Personal ? Man, you started accusing me of seeing the sky falling etc. when I was just pointing facts.
You say sh*t and I try to answer logically... This post was readable since the beginning : you can even browse back to my several joyful messages of hands-on and first experiences. But you don't care, your blindness only see that I dared to point 1 or 2 minor facts that, in your view, equals to attack your sort of worshiped god camera. Go check them, I got quite some likes by others because I gave my really positive feelings concerning this camera. The rest is in your awful way of translating everybody's post. And then, you came out of nowhere, attacking everybody that dared to argue something and question the camera.

Yes, I used an hyperbola and exaggerating concerning the prices, as you probably do in the everyday life, like, when you can't lift something : "oh, it must weighs a ton"... Then I've provided you some links, that you ignore and give me back links on ebay.com to illustrate that ; while explaining that it is just annoying me for my selling... I never pulled a conclusion out of that, saying the sky is collapsing, as you are implying.  I live in France, and buy locally. WTF you want me to do with ebay in the USA ? Even with ebay.fr, which can be tough to deal with, when you can use established forum and selling platforms that are used by quite a lot of persons on a daily basis (27 000 000 ads for the second link, right now), like the ones I provided you links.

So, I response to you absolutely illogical and disturbing non stop writings. Don't bring the stupid last word argument. Go browse back and check every time you've attacked everybody, defending for whatever ill reasons a camera nobody destroyed.

Put that in head : I like Nikon, always had, even if it went through shit situations (D600, D750, D800...). I loved my Z6 too. Have to sell it. Prices are falling here quite quickly with evidences. There is nothing bad in that, just annoyances for sellers. The rest, you pull it out of your imagination. Plus, I provided some sort of hands-on mini reviews, with extra positive feeling. Where are yours ? Can you do that, or can you only defend it by attacking Sony, Canon and Panasonic ?

Let the post start again, for people that want to learn stuff about this camera. We need users, not a ready to jump paladin.

4 hours ago, Django said:

you guys think Z7 is ok for video?

Full frame mode is not bad, but you get some moire. Crop mode is better, downsampled from around 5K and you can have some great quality.

3 hours ago, Skip77 said:

No they won't.  Canon and Nikon own the market right now.  "In DSLRs, Canon was 1st with a 57.4% market share. Nikon and Ricoh (which makes Pentax DSLRs) came in 2nd and 3rd with 39.3% and 3.1%, respectively.Canon and Nikon together command a staggering 96.7% of Japanese DSLR sales — a duopoly."

The market right now is Canon, Nikon and Sony. Besides your ass where are you getting your info?

I suspect you've worked on some cool projects and know your shit but you don't know the hybrid market and get all you info from You Tube.  

People are holding onto the gear they bought and getting by until the next jump in tech comes out. Video is what pushed people into mirrorless and new gear. S1 and Z6, Z7 are the only cameras that will do 10 bit and 12 bit RAW in full frame. Until Sony catches up people are waiting. 

Nikon's not going anywhere. If you think Nikon was counting on Z'series body sales to keep the company alive you are really out of touch.

The Sony a7 II is nearly outselling the Z6, the mk II not the III. Yeah sure Nikon is really killing it aren't they. Read and weep.

https://www.diyphotography.net/the-sony-a7iii-is-outselling-its-four-closest-mirrorless-competitors-combined-in-japan/

19 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

The Sony a7 II is nearly outselling the Z6, the mk II not the III. Yeah sure Nikon is really killing it aren't they. Read and weep.

https://www.diyphotography.net/the-sony-a7iii-is-outselling-its-four-closest-mirrorless-competitors-combined-in-japan/

Nikon would be nuts to bank on outselling Sony with their 1st generation. I'm sure they are looking long term towards building an ecosystem as they gradually win over new customers as they look to upgrade their A7III's in a few years time. The Z6/7 was all about getting their name out there. And in that sense, they got their name out before the flood from Canon and Panasonic, yet they waited until they could output RAW video with their first model. No one expected floods of people to immediately jumping ship from Sony or from their DSLRs, Nikon just needed to get their name out so that anyone upgrading in the next two or three years has "Nikon" on their radar.

Cheap used Z6's are probably good for Nikon long term. Whether people buy in at list price or used for peanuts, they still need lenses and future bodies.

50 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

It comes down to cost of the A7II and the echo system people have. It also comes down to Nikon being a NEW system to everyone even to Nikon owners.

Funny how the work I produced kept your trap shut and a big mouth like you would love to jack down comments if I posted bad Z6 footage.

Other and maybe you posted that Nikon doesn't do firmware updates and don't hold my breath on any updates from Nikon. Well v2.0 hit the streets and worked like advertised. 

I don't see the bad performance from the Z6 or the bad rap Nikon has right now because the proof from the camera shuts up guys like you. Nikon and Atomos said 12 bit RAW is coming from Nikon.  

31 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

Nikon would be nuts to bank on outselling Sony with their 1st generation. I'm sure they are looking long term towards building an ecosystem as they gradually win over new customers as they look to upgrade their A7III's in a few years time. The Z6/7 was all about getting their name out there. And in that sense, they got their name out before the flood from Canon and Panasonic, yet they waited until they could output RAW video with their first model. No one expected floods of people to immediately jumping ship from Sony or from their DSLRs, Nikon just needed to get their name out so that anyone upgrading in the next two or three years has "Nikon" on their radar.

Cheap used Z6's are probably good for Nikon long term. Whether people buy in at list price or used for peanuts, they still need lenses and future bodies.

When 12 bit RAW comes out for the Z6 it's going to be a game changer because it makes Sony and Canon up the specs and serious videographers are going to use the A7III for video production. 

The fallout for Sony will be all the A7III's hitting the re-sale used market because they specs on the A7SIII will show everyone how much Sony's been holding back.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

That list is 2 months old.

3 hours ago, Geoff_L said:

Personal ? Man, you started accusing me of seeing the sky falling etc. when I was just pointing facts.
You say sh*t and I try to answer logically... This post was readable since the beginning : you can even browse back to my several joyful messages of hands-on and first experiences. But you don't care, your blindness only see that I dared to point 1 or 2 minor facts that, in your view, equals to attack your sort of worshiped god camera. Go check them, I got quite some likes by others because I gave my really positive feelings concerning this camera. The rest is in your awful way of translating everybody's post. And then, you came out of nowhere, attacking everybody that dared to argue something and question the camera.

Yes, I used an hyperbola and exaggerating concerning the prices, as you probably do in the everyday life, like, when you can't lift something : "oh, it must weighs a ton"... Then I've provided you some links, that you ignore and give me back links on ebay.com to illustrate that ; while explaining that it is just annoying me for my selling... I never pulled a conclusion out of that, saying the sky is collapsing, as you are implying.  I live in France, and buy locally. WTF you want me to do with ebay in the USA ? Even with ebay.fr, which can be tough to deal with, when you can use established forum and selling platforms that are used by quite a lot of persons on a daily basis (27 000 000 ads for the second link, right now), like the ones I provided you links.

So, I response to you absolutely illogical and disturbing non stop writings. Don't bring the stupid last word argument. Go browse back and check every time you've attacked everybody, defending for whatever ill reasons a camera nobody destroyed.

Put that in head : I like Nikon, always had, even if it went through shit situations (D600, D750, D800...). I loved my Z6 too. Have to sell it. Prices are falling here quite quickly with evidences. There is nothing bad in that, just annoyances for sellers. The rest, you pull it out of your imagination. Plus, I provided some sort of hands-on mini reviews, with extra positive feeling. Where are yours ? Can you do that, or can you only defend it by attacking Sony, Canon and Panasonic ?

Let the post start again, for people that want to learn stuff about this camera. We need users, not a ready to jump paladin.

"Either you are mentally ill and your paranoïa is altering your judgment and brain functions," --------

^^^^^^ This was your post you made to directly and you say you're not getting personal? You actually compare this to my sky is falling comment? Dude give me a break. I defended Nikon based on your comments alone. I never said you didn't like Nikon or the Z6 so stop telling me to look back about what you posted. 

Post a reply if its not past your bedtime.

3 hours ago, Geoff_L said:

I posted videos I shot with the Z6 and not many replies. A few on here jack up comments if they have an opening so I'll not no replies as a good thing. 

Part of defending is not just posting a comment but by showing case studies and you mention the "recall" even though it's a service advisory so I posted issues Sony and Panasonic had that they never fixed. Knowledge is good right, you bash Nikon then do the same to the other companies. You started it with your sky is falling rant. lol

On 5/20/2019 at 4:38 PM, webrunner5 said:

Read it and get used to Nikon going UP and Sony going DOWN - 

https://photorumors.com/2019/05/21/japanese-full-frame-mirrorless-market-share-for-april-sony-50-canon-30-nikon-15/?fbclid=IwAR3Og7F6fO5AVC-0VmT6pb4uY6_cKGJ-9z6JdL7WWVGfLO2I8xNEtPgfg_M

8 hours ago, Skip77 said:

Your claims are on a kindergarten level... and if you want to talk facts, then Sony is now number 2 on a world wide level while Nikon dropped to number 3:

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-unveils-they-now-have-24-of-the-overall-worldwide-camera-market-share-up-4-over-the-previous-year/

Anyway, who gives a fxxx about these figures? Are you a major shareholder in Nikon or Sony?

6 hours ago, liork said:

Your claims are on a kindergarten level... and if you want to talk facts, then Sony is now number 2 on a world wide level while Nikon dropped to number 3:

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-unveils-they-now-have-24-of-the-overall-worldwide-camera-market-share-up-4-over-the-previous-year/

Anyway, who gives a fxxx about these figures? Are you a major shareholder in Nikon or Sony?

And your facts are based on what? Nikon is #2 and that hasn't changed. 

7 hours ago, liork said:

My claims are the same chart that was updated into April that was pushed in my face that Nikon sales were down. You need to also call out @webrunner5 as being the first kindergartener on the block.

For those interested to buy it in Europe.

Today, in a German store, with sales and rebates : z6 + 24-70 + ftz = 2169€

https://www.foto-erhardt.de/kameras/vollformat-kameras/nikon-z6-plus-24-70mm-plus-ftz-objektivadapter-kit.html

(Do not evoke the falling prices...Do not evoke the falling prices...).

Used prices will dive a little more ! My hyperbola talking about "half the price" was in fact a prophecy ?

I had no complaints with the previous firmware. That said, the AF, especially in dim situations, is faster more decisive. Eye AF was something I didn't even know I wanted but its very nice to not have to think about where the focus point is. Reminds me of working with manual focus in the way I am not being interrupted by having to consider AF focus points.

The automatic switching between mechanical and electronic first curtain is also very welcome. Another thing I now don't have to think about. 

12 FPS with full AE/AF auto is not relevant for me but should be useful for the thousands out there who apparently are forced to use the Z6 to photograph birds in flight  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 5/23/2019 at 8:14 AM, Geoff_L said:

For those interested to buy it in Europe.

Today, in a German store, with sales and rebates : z6 + 24-70 + ftz = 2169€

https://www.foto-erhardt.de/kameras/vollformat-kameras/nikon-z6-plus-24-70mm-plus-ftz-objektivadapter-kit.html

(Do not evoke the falling prices...Do not evoke the falling prices...).

Used prices will dive a little more ! My hyperbola talking about "half the price" was in fact a prophecy ?

Fuck, this camera is a glorious failure.

It only hurts for me and other early adopters. The rest of you are going to get a bargain!!