Nikon Z6 features 4K N-LOG, 10bit HDMI output and 120fps 1080p

Andrew Reid

yeah, hard not to be bulky when slapping a 600mm f/4 on the front.

the fs700 and recorder combo is big, but it's definitely manageable when you have proper camera support. No doubt the fs5 has the advantage there.

Still, for 4k slowmo, the fs700 is still pretty bad ass when recording externally. More than enough camera for what I'm doing.

Also, to go the other way, here's the fs700 with the Pentax 110 24mm 2.8 lens on it, just for shits and giggles

IMG_5741.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah that is sort of a problem with them. You need a recorder. The whole package is not as cheap as it looks when you add that in, not counting the bulk. But they can get the job done when you get it all together. But most of the Cine cameras can get pretty large overall when you add all you really need to make it happen, even a lowly a7s. ?

A7 rig jpg.jpg

Hey the FS700 does stills so it's cool in my book.

Here's a still SOC no adjustments made in post. This is also 99% accurate organic color reproduction. My friend Tom skin tone, CS is 99% accurate to how it is in real life. 

We shot with the C200 at this same location and the Z6 matches the C200 in image quality. This was shot in portrait mode with center metering.

Do anyone think this camera isn't accurate and awesome? I personally want an accurate base image to work with. 

Z6Hond5.jpg

2 hours ago, Skip77 said:

Here's a still SOC no adjustments made in post. This is also 99% accurate organic color reproduction. My friend Tom skin tone, CS is 99% accurate to how it is in real life. 

We shot with the C200 at this same location and the Z6 matches the C200 in image quality. This was shot in portrait mode with center metering.

Do anyone think this camera isn't accurate and awesome? I personally want an accurate base image to work with. 

Z6Hond5.jpg

Anyone else shooting with the Z6?

6 hours ago, Skip77 said:

Z6Hond5.jpg

Since at least one guy said my video still was a photo, here's the video footage.

2 hours ago, Skip77 said:

Since at least one guy said my video still was a photo, here's the video footage.

This is 8 bit or 10 bit from Atomos? I really like natural skin tones look.

I couldn't find any info about the original video, actually even that short. But maybe he will loan you some of his Gear, he as a little bit of it! Not Realy sure why you would Need that many lens. Maybe he has a bad case of GAS, and the money to carry it out.

Lucas-Gilman-gear-shot.jpg

Depends on what type of stuff you are going to shoot and budget. Does it Have to be 4K, well I guess it will have to be, duh on my part,  you have lighting, or access to it or not, on and on. You buying or renting. Lots of variables. Sony FS7 seems to be the flavor of the day for most people. Might be too big for you?? Heck the PK4 is probably Netflix approved by now. Cheap thrills.

The dreaded list. Not sure it is 100% up to date but..

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/cameras-netflix-original-films-series/

EVA or BM URSA Mini 4.6K are the ones on my list. P4K is great but no way I'm going with a camera that "might be" approved by Netflix. 

Why buy any of the older cameras you push when they don't meet spec?

Netflix - 

Camera Requirements

Resolution Requirements:

Camera must have a true 4K UHD sensor (equal to or greater than 3840 photosites wide).

Capture Requirements:

Capture Format

RAW (Sony RAW, REDCODE, Arriraw etc.)

COMPRESSED (XAVC, ProRes, or other I-Frame capable formats)

Minimum of 16-bit Linear or 10-bit Log processing

Minimum data-rate of Bitrate of 240 Mbps at 23.98 fps

Capture Transfer Function

S-Log3, Log-C, V-Log, Log3G10, etc.

Capture Color Space

S-Gamut3.cine, RED Wide Gamut RGB, Alexa Wide Gamut, etc.

No looks or color corrections should be baked into the original camera files.

Files must maintain all metadata (i.e. Tape Name, Timecode, Frame Rate, ISO, WB, etc.).