Nikon Z6 features 4K N-LOG, 10bit HDMI output and 120fps 1080p

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Just wait another year and I bet the mk2 from Nikon will bring you the 4K 60fps 

I wished. But getting tired of changing system and this mk2 will come in 2-4y. Wish I could stay with one brand and be done with it a few years. Latest rumors say no IBIS on A7SIII. It is starting to become a joke. We will have S1 with no video AF, A7S with no IBIS and rest of the world with no 4K60p. A joke that nobody wants to combine 4K60p FF with ibis with good AF...

I pre-ordered in a Calumet store (yes we still have Calumet here) in the Netherlands. The distribution situation seems different in different parts of the world. It was the same with the D850, it sold well but didn’t seem to be nearly as hard to get in Europe as in North America.

6 hours ago, wolf33d said:

I wished. But getting tired of changing system and this mk2 will come in 2-4y. Wish I could stay with one brand and be done with it a few years. Latest rumors say no IBIS on A7SIII. It is starting to become a joke. We will have S1 with no video AF, A7S with no IBIS and rest of the world with no 4K60p. A joke that nobody wants to combine 4K60p FF with ibis with good AF...

Sony's implimentation of IBIS is about as 'good' as Panasonic's AF. Choose your poison. The NIkon looks the most well rounded of the bunch so far to me, be interesting to see how Panasonic goes with the new FF

5 hours ago, ade towell said:

Sony's implimentation of IBIS is about as 'good' as Panasonic's AF. Choose your poison. The NIkon looks the most well rounded of the bunch so far to me, be interesting to see how Panasonic goes with the new FF

Ha! That is a good way to put it indeed. 
Sony's IBIS is just as "good"/bad as the Panasonic AF

Nicely phrased and compared. 

On 10/11/2018 at 6:18 PM, wolf33d said:

The reason is simple, no company want's to cannibalize their own video camera business. People should understand that no company is some kind of saint who wants to give its customers everything for nothing. The Pana and Sony of this world have happily given a lot until now, but when you are reaching that threshold where you would reach 99% of what users would need so that many might never upgrade to their higher end camera, they start to get more conservative. For me one of the last barrier for that 99% was reach when Nikon introduced 10 bit at the Cinema 35mm and plus size. Not disregarding Pana Gh5, just about the right size would be apsc for me. If say a Nikon z7/6 came with everything they already have plus 60 or 120p 4k, how many would buy the next model. In case of Nikon, I think they are genuinely giving everything they have for that package. If it was not their first mirrorless camera and they could device one the size of a D5, perhaps they would have put 60p 4k.

1DX2 does APS-H 4K60p. Nikon Z is 10-bit external as per Canon R.. nice but not 99% nice. if APS-C is enough then look no further then Fuji XT3.. 10-bit internal, 4K60p..FLOG / Eterna etc.. for $1500. or wait for XH2 with IBIS. or Pana S1 with FF RAW video.. always something better around the corner.. heh #neverendingstory