Nikon Z6 features 4K N-LOG, 10bit HDMI output and 120fps 1080p

Andrew Reid

6 hours ago, Danyyyel said:

In this video, the guy said he used the image right out of the camera without any grading because he wanted to show how the camera worked out of the box. The first time I saw it, I thought that it looked too normal, I meant good but too natural for a music video.

You would think that chick would at least shave her armpits again for that... lol

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, webrunner5 said:

You must have Never been Abroad LoL.

Not that any of this matters, pertaining to the camera. I just thought it was funny, seeing as she obviously does shave. She just hadn't for a few days/week etc.; knowing they were filming this, I would think she would. If that's her thing, then so be it, I think she simply forgot haha. 

• Administrators

The music video footage is pristine. But was it shot in APS-C or full frame mode?

If full frame from 46MP, then I am amazed. It's flawless. Not a hint of aliasing and even better than the D850.

Same question for the guy who posted the N-LOG clip for download in ProRes format. Was that full frame or APS-C?

On 8/31/2018 at 1:36 PM, Jeff Chen said:

Here is an N log sample that I took:

Nikon Z7 N log sample

What settings Jeff?

@Andrew Reid The music video was shot in FX mode, internal, standard profile:

"I filmed this straight to card. I had an exceptionally fast turn-around deadline so I did it for workflow ease.  My camera profile was standard and it was shot in FX. I tried to create the cleanest most straight forward look so everyone can see how wonderful the footage looks without and color correction or editing."

17 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

The music video footage is pristine. But was it shot in APS-C or full frame mode?

If full frame from 46MP, then I am amazed. It's flawless. Not a hint of aliasing and even better than the D850.

Same question for the guy who posted the N-LOG clip for download in ProRes format. Was that full frame or APS-C?

What settings Jeff?

Here's the behind the scenes from the music video – I don't think they talk about using it in crop mode. 90 percent of it was however shot with autofocus.

Skärmavbild 2018-09-04 kl. 13.39.38.png

17 minutes ago, BasiliskFilm said:

Hand-held AF straight out of the camera, all at f4. I had thought the 24-70 was a bit disappointing as an initial offer, but obviously good for some jobs

I can see some of that lovely Nikon look in there. You have to underexposed it, th en you get that fat look like reversal film. Love it.

5 hours ago, Yurolov said:

The focus pull at the end is creamy, and no breathing. Looks super nice. Much to recommend this camera. 

They said that all their new lens where design with video in mind. There are only haters that just want to spread all type of fud about Nikon and video. They have put speed setting for the AF in video where you can speed it up or down, this with 10 bit, ibis, Nlog etc. make for a very powerful package for video shooters. They even added a pin in their tripod mount, might seem mundane but try using a dslr or Mirrorless camera a whole day for pro work and you would see how anoying and distracting when your camera is always spinning. If even this they thought about, then they really took video very very seriously.

Can I get people's take on this one?  It looks good abiet overexposed....

9 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

What settings Jeff?

What are your thoughts on this one Andrew?

4 hours ago, arant.joseph said:

Can I get people's take on this one?  It looks good abiet overexposed....

What are your thoughts on this one Andrew?

I really like most of the footage. There were some shots where her face was really, really green (assuming that was light reflected off the river / canal). But in many scenes her skin tones looked really nice.