Nikon Z6 features 4K N-LOG, 10bit HDMI output and 120fps 1080p

Andrew Reid

4 minutes ago, mercer said:

Haha, I think Jon has had discussions with his own posts arguing that the a7iii is better than the GH5. ?

I know you're joking, but I've never once said any camera was any better than any other (except perhaps during my brief infatuation with the X-T2!) Individual features or specs, yes - as a whole system, no.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, anonim said:

Yes, I desperately strive always to be honest (but so often lack)... where is A7S III? 

The A7S3 is nowhere you are right. Sonyrumors said this week that 90% sure its here in 1-2 months and at max Photo plus. Now this site says bullshit often. But it totally makes sense because all the line has been updated and Sony Europe director confirmed its coming soon. The  reason  it has been delayed is probably  because of a7iii success. 

Oh but wait, where is the Z6?? Isn’t it coming in November? Isn’t Photo plus in October ....? Allright...

6 minutes ago, Django said:

Lol.. ok now were defending an unannounced hypothetical future camera.. wow the force is strong with this one! ;) 

It’s not about defending anything or anyone. You don’t need a big brain to think and make assumptions. And thinking about what the A7S could be is not that hard when you see the gap between A7II and III. You know it’s coming. You know it will be way better for video ..  that’s common sense. 

Now if you never think about unannounced cameras you must loose a lot of money. Would you have bought a Mavic Pro 1 2 weeks ago knowing the 2 is coming but « wooo let’s not speak about not announced stuff »? Okay....

2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I know you're joking, but I've never once said any camera was any better than any other (except perhaps during my brief infatuation with the X-T2!) Individual features or specs, yes - as a whole system, no.

Yeah obviously I’m just teasing you and I get being excited about a camera you love. When I first got my 5D3 and installed ML, I didn’t understand why everybody wasn’t shooting with it.

And sure you don’t specifically say one camera is better than another but when you go into threads of cameras you’re never going to buy, and spout out specs that the camera you own has... well... you make your point. 

But this is just a camera forum, so I don’t care... no reason to get angry over. Love your camera... I respect that.

7 hours ago, Danyyyel said:

Sony, Nikon and surely Canon did or won't be reinventing something radically new from what is now a very mature system. Form the first days of MILC to now, the principle are the same, a sensor that sends data to an EVF and a storage medium. There have been inovation like IBIS and dual pixel and phase detect on sensor autofocus, but now it just about incremental change like button, size, af speed, a little more DR or Low light quality and that is it. And sincerely for me, if you can't do photos (as a Nikon user reference) from a 2008 Nikon D300-D3, or from a 2011 Nikon D800 with 36 megapixel and 14 stop of DR, you are not going to do anything better with new tech.

I would agree with that, but add that IBIS has really changed how Good of a shot you can get compared to what you got when the MP race started. It is pretty hard to hand hold a 36mp sensor or higher with Only lens OIS. I look back at a lot of my Sony A7r photos @ say 50% enlargement and hmm, some of them are not so great. IBIS is probably the best thing to come along in years.

I don't even own a camera with it now, and if I buy the BM PK4 it wont have it either, but it is a shame more cameras don't have it. It would appear that Nikon has found a way to lock the sensor for travel, so that seems like maybe a fix for future cameras to have their cake and eat it too.

21 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Now if you never think about unannounced cameras you must loose a lot of money.

I'd say, if I think about unannounced cameras in a topic of camera that is just announced, I will loose my mind... and topic will looks like Japanese revenge to Hiroshima :)

(What are your prediction about Nikon Z8 as answer to A7 SIII? I personally think it will be specialized Nikon Z8 1/2 targeting pure filmmakers with connecting with Fellini :) 

5 minutes ago, Django said:

You must have joined the party late.. as this forum's moniker still indicates.. at a certain point everybody was shooting with it. ;) 

Oh yeah, I’m still lusting over cameras I couldn’t afford back in 2013/14... hence my interest in the C100. 

I hear this company called Polaroid has some kind of new instant photo tech. 

One of the so many reasons I enjoy so much EOSHD forum is that I learned to wait and guess the moment when topic as "Nikon Z6 features 4K N-LOG, 10bit HDMI output" will provoke new mercer's mention of 5D III and confession about lusting over cameras... made so tenderly and magically sweet, that I feel quite normally that all topics are in fact subtopics of temporarily lusting Canon's cameras... :)

7 minutes ago, anonim said:

(What are your prediction about Nikon Z8 as answer to A7 SIII? I personally think it will be specialized Nikon Z8 1/2 targeting pure filmmakers with connecting with Fellini :) 

If it has a De Sica/Antonioni/Fellini programmable button, I can wait for years and years!

If the Z6/Z7 is a good indication, and after their "partnering" with Atomos, I believe Nikon could deliver a worthy videocentric camera.

I have to use one first though (Z6/Z7, not the 8!), ergonomics are a very important factor, and battery life of course.

56 minutes ago, Django said:

Basically the point is no matter what you say or prove to him:  Sony > Nikon. 

I've already been through it once back when XH1 was announced. Back then GH5 was the holy one.

And the GH5 continues to clobber the X-H1 in sales over at Amazon.

X-H1: Best Sellers Rank, #12,063 in Camera & Photo

GH5: Best Sellers Rank, #1,061 in Camera & Photo

22 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

If it has a De Sica/Antonioni/Fellini programmable button, I can wait for years and years!

If the Z6/Z7 is a good indication, and after their "partnering" with Atomos, I believe Nikon could deliver a worthy videocentric camera.

I have to use one first though (Z6/Z7, not the 8!), ergonomics are a very important factor, and battery life of course.

Thank you for mention Z6 :)

Before being faced with monumental authority and innocent look/pretension of Dave Dugdale, I'd dare to say that I like title accent choosen from OP: from my modest experience 10bit via HDMI to Atomos is... well, probably higher and maybe prettier number than 8bit... Simply, my modest experience showed me that, being in hurry, I often make such (especially WB) mistakes, that my wounded proud could survive easier when two ciphers are with me... (I bet my best slang-and-subcultural teacher here, mr webrunner5, would say: two bottles of bear are better than one!)

7 minutes ago, jonpais said:

And the GH5 continues to clobber the X-H1 in sales over at Amazon.

X-H1: Best Sellers Rank, #12,063 in Camera & Photo

GH5: Best Sellers Rank, #1,061 in Camera & Photo

X-H1 was a lost cause since the beginning. If the X-T3 arrives for the rumoured price ofess than 1500$ (and it should), and the next H1 after that, the X-H1 will cost less than discontinued cameras.

Do not know any Fuji user that wants to buy that camera, or did..

Nikon is not Fuji though, there is a strong market base behind them, and a strong and knowledgeable photo tradition.

• Super Members
5 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Has this photo been posted yet?

NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S and 14-30mm f/4 S Lenses

source

nikkor-z-24-70mm-f-2.8-s-noct-14-30.jpg

I'm sure someone else must have a perfectly logical explanation for this but....

For a company that makes its own lenses and who have been developing this new camera and mount for probably quite a lot longer than the last couple of weeks, why the f*** would you not have new versions of at least the 24-70mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8 and the 14-24mm f2.8 available at launch instead of at some indeterminate point next year and the year after that?

For a long time "yeah but the lenses though" has simultaneously been a stick to beat Sony with and one of the main reasons to hang in there and wait for Nikon to release a camera.

The change to a new mount was always going to be enough of a tough sell without turning up with such a half arsed collection of them, especially now the E mount has filled in most of the relevant gaps it had.

They've brought a roadmap to a gunfight.

Because someone somewhere wrote that Blackmagic, with new (it will turns out innocent) half-year announcing period, being best and most practically effective/progressive reader of Jean Baudrillard's essays, opened Pandora's camerabox of simulacrums existence - and road maps flutter everywhere for utmost joy of camera (and camera battles) fans :)

11 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I'm sure someone else must have a perfectly logical explanation for this but....

For a company that makes its own lenses and who have been developing this new camera and mount for probably quite a lot longer than the last couple of weeks, why the f*** would you not have new versions of at least the 24-70mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8 and the 14-24mm f2.8 available at launch instead of at some indeterminate point next year and the year after that?

For a long time "yeah but the lenses though" has simultaneously been a stick to beat Sony with and one of the main reasons to hang in there and wait for Nikon to release a camera.

The change to a new mount was always going to be enough of a tough sell without turning up with such a half arsed collection of them, especially now the E mount has filled in most of the relevant gaps it had.

They've brought a roadmap to a gunfight.

Sony at least had 5 lenses at lunch and the 16-35mm f/4 very shortly after. That included a 70-200/4 as well as two standard zooms plus the 35 and 55. But people absolutely sulked constantly about the lens lineup. You would think Nikon would have learned from Sony’s mistakes, I mean that’s the whole point of hanging back right?