Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
29 minutes ago, sanveer said:

I am not sure why Camera manufacturers cannot have a camera screen that incorporates both tilt up and down, as well as the fully articulated, in a single hinge incorporating a hybrid bracket. I am sure it pretty easily doable. 

The cheap Fujifilm T100 has it!

• Administrators

I was trying out the T100 the other day. It's a good idea, so you can easily tilt it up without swinging it out to the side, or you can swing it out and point it forward or even forward and up at the same time.

But it needs refinement because the hinge mechanism is pretty complex and not very graceful.

Surprised to see their most expensive screen mechanism on their cheapest camera :)

7 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

One thing the Sony most likely won't get is the controls. Which for some is simply a faster way of operating and when using it also acts as a top display.

I've been shooting my 6D next to my Panasonic G80 for a few days. Both work fine and complement each other quite well. But one thing that constantly bugs me on the Panasonic, and even more since it doesn't have a tilt screen, is the lack of a top display. It definitely slows me down when a situation occurs.

The X-T3 won't get one but imo doesn't really need one either. One can just look down and see all the settings, even when its turned off.

If that's an important feature is of course up to the individual shooter. For me it's gotten to the point where Im thinking about buying a Panasonic G9 even though it costs more used than a brand new GH5.

X-H1 is still a tasty option which of course has both.

IDK, for me a top display is mute point.  I cannot see any of the tops of any of my cams when my tripod is fully extended.

Though, from my 5DMkII, it is a very convenient, and often used  feature to use otherwise.

• Super Members
2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

It's sort of charmless. Too much sharp metal on the panel behind the screen and it's pretty ugly when swung out.

Nice idea but needs refinement.

Yeah, looks a bit fiddly. But Im sure they can make it better. Specially on something like a X-H2 where making the camera bigger wouldn't be an issue.

58 minutes ago, buggz said:

IDK, for me a top display is mute point.  I cannot see any of the tops of any of my cams when my tripod is fully extended.

Though, from my 5DMkII, it is a very convenient, and often used  feature to use otherwise.

Yup, like I said, "If that's an important feature is of course up to the individual shooter". For me its a big deal and without it I often risk missing the moment or the exposure.

I really doubt Sony is going to have everything the Fuji has as well as being full frame. I foresee 4k 60 and 10 bit output. I could be wrong but we'll see. 

I could see the A7000 having internal 10 bit though as its the APSC contender. 

10 bit is definitely a game changer even an output. I don't like color grading much so Fuji is just the choice for me regardless of if the A7Siii has 10 bit internal. Plus its defiantly way cheaper especially considering full frame glass. 

3 hours ago, Dunjoye said:

sorry if posted already 

Very nice... we're in a new league now... Look at that handheld setup... amazing. 4K/60p/10bit/4:2:2 with a beautiful monitor and amazing lens for about $6k, half the price of RED's cheapest brain (not comparing the two, but damn the gap is really small now).

For $6K, you really would have a 100% boné fidé cinema setup, including legit cine glass. 

18 minutes ago, DBounce said:

@Jimmy Looks great,  not sure about that huge MK lens... I envision this as a great travel camera. Also,  I'm thinking footage will be pretty dam usable straight out of camera. With no real CG needed. 

As a cinema setup though... it's really tiny. When you see the quality of that Matthew Libatique trailer... it's kind of mind boggling to think the nuts and bolts of that setup can be had for $6k (his was kitted out to a far bigger rig, of course)

Always make me laugh seeing a tiny camera in the middle of those monster rigs!

The image that comes out of it is basically the glass, camera and recorder though (Plus lights).... the rest are shooting aids for him and the crew. 

$6k... we're now entering true democratisation. Even lighting and gear for motion (gimbals, dollies, cranes etc) are dirty cheap.

@Jimmy those car shots look unbelievable. This is some of the first consumer 4K that looks organic to me. I cannot believe a lot of those shots were Eterna ungraded. With every passing month, my hybrid choices just keep getting cluttered with more options... definitely a good place to be, though. Man I hope they release an X-H2 soon, because these features even with moderately good IBIS will be unbelievable.

2 hours ago, mercer said:

@Jimmy those car shots look unbelievable. This is some of the first consumer 4K that looks organic to me. I cannot believe a lot of those shots were Eterna ungraded. With every passing month, my hybrid choices just keep getting cluttered with more options... definitely a good place to be, though. Man I hope they release an X-H2 soon, because these features even with moderately good IBIS will be unbelievable.

The way I see it is all cameras shoot raw. But that raw image is then processed in camera... this has varying degrees of success. Sometimes the option is given for minimal processing (log). But if the camera can process the image to be lovely in camera then the need for raw is removed.

This camera is surprisingly good.