Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

@Jimmy

Will you update, Jay?

Abraço,

E : -)

As I shoot mainly weddings, I now have 5-6 months off until the 2019 bookings roll in... So will probably just sit back and see what happens. 

I actually used the news to go and buy a bargain X-H1. If an X-H2 isn't announced by April, I will then revisit the XT-3, but also interested to see the price drops of the 5D mk IV (I really need a better AF system for the A cam). Eyes open for the Lumix FF too. I really don't care about the brand... I just need 12+ stops, great skintones and great AF.

Abraço tambem amigo!

2 hours ago, sanveer said:

Is there some official literature or something else that states this. 

No nothing official I'm afraid, but here's a research paper you can check:

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=7254155

And a user test you might find interesting: http://wp.xin.at/archives/3465

Obviously a lot depends on encoding parameters, but if all done properly, the differences seem to fade away way earlier than 200Mbps, so I think you won't find any difference even if you try to break the footage in post.

Will you guys return this if sony releases their supposed "pro" apsc model that should have all of this + ibis, better battery & maybe 10 bit 4:2:2 internal? Obviously the fuji will have better colors, but color is easier to fix in 10 bit. I just wish fuji had some faster os lenses, it would be cool to use this as a travel/lightweight cam to pull out and get some smooth shots (not walking). Having it on a gimbal all the time could get annoying, especially when the battery dies fast & you have to rebalance. The end product that pros have been able to get with it is no doubt impressive. 

2 hours ago, Snowbro said:

Will you guys return this if sony releases their supposed "pro" apsc model that should have all of this + ibis, better battery & maybe 10 bit 4:2:2 internal? Obviously the fuji will have better colors, but color is easier to fix in 10 bit. I just wish fuji had some faster os lenses, it would be cool to use this as a travel/lightweight cam to pull out and get some smooth shots (not walking). Having it on a gimbal all the time could get annoying, especially when the battery dies fast & you have to rebalance. The end product that pros have been able to get with it is no doubt impressive. 

Andrew, can we get a new sub-forum where we argue the specs of imaginary cameras versus current ones? 

20 minutes ago, Kubrickian said:

Andrew, can we get a new sub-forum where we argue the specs of imaginary cameras versus current ones? 

Yeah, it's only been confirmed by trusted sources that it's coming out. A direct competitor to the fuji; sensitive kid lol

Instead of asking then, why not just tell us what you think?

IBIS isn’t a dealbreaker - Sony still requires a gimbal to reduce camera shake; a quick release plate on a gimbal allows you to change batteries in seconds, so I don’t see that as a negative on the Fuji; you won’t be flying a 200mm lens on a gimbal anyhow, and Fuji’s small f/2 primes are perfect for gimbal work. In fact, those lenses are sensational. 

But Kubrickian is right - it is completely pointless comparing two cameras, one which is not in our hands yet, the other existing solely in the imagination of rumor sites.

You’ll only see banding in all the footage when it comes out anyhow, right? Just be happy with your 1DX.

12 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

Yeah, it's only been confirmed by trusted sources that it's coming out. A direct competitor to the fuji; sensitive kid lol

Really, all those specs have been confirmed? I read sonyalpharumors.com all the time and I haven't seen those specs. Plus Sony's ibis is still pretty awful for video so that shouldn't count.

1 minute ago, Brian Williams said:

Really, all those specs have been confirmed? I read sonyalpharumors.com all the time and I haven't seen those specs. Plus Sony's ibis is still pretty awful for video so that shouldn't count.

"maybe 10 bit 4:2:2" reading comprehension is quite low. The rest is already in existing models, they obviously are not going to go backwards. 

27 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Instead of asking then, why not just tell us what you think?

IBIS isn’t a dealbreaker - Sony still requires a gimbal to reduce camera shake; a quick release plate on a gimbal allows you to change batteries in seconds, so I don’t see that as a negative on the Fuji; you won’t be flying a 200mm lens on a gimbal anyhow, and Fuji’s small f/2 primes are perfect for gimbal work. In fact, those lenses are sensational. 

But Kubrickian is right - it is completely pointless comparing two cameras, one which is not in our hands yet, the other existing solely in the imagination of rumor sites.

You’ll only see banding in all the footage when it comes out anyhow, right? Just be happy with your 1DX.

Yes, edit your post 30 min later and add a novel lol. Seems to be a trend here, there needs to be a feature like on other forums, that shows what was added and when. I was simply asking for opinion, as the post clearly conveyed. I think the x-t3 is an awesome camera, as I have said even in that post. 

1 hour ago, Snowbro said:

"maybe 10 bit 4:2:2" reading comprehension is quite low. The rest is already in existing models, they obviously are not going to go backwards. 

Yeah, the rest is already in the existing models, so the only new feature, "confirmed by trusted sources" as you say, is the "maybe 10 bit 4:2:2", which isn't rumored anywhere I've seen other than your post. So you are the trusted source? Got it.

12 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

Yeah, the rest is already in the existing models, so the only new feature, "confirmed by trusted sources" as you say, is the "maybe 10 bit 4:2:2", which isn't rumored anywhere I've seen other than your post. So you are the trusted source? Got it.

Once again, you prove your reading comprehension is that of a child. I stated that trusted sources say it is coming out. I never said any sources said it will have 4:2:2 10, Literally a hypothetical question, "maybe 10 bit 4:2:2 internal?" that had been a suspicion since fuji sometimes works with sony. Go back to your coloring book ?

23 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

Once again, you prove your reading comprehension is that of a child. I stated that trusted sources say it is coming out. I never said any sources said it will have 4:2:2 10, Literally a hypothetical question, "maybe 10 bit 4:2:2 internal?" that had been a suspicion since fuji sometimes works with sony. Go back to your coloring book ?

Maybe I got confused in trying to keep up with ridiculous posts asking people if they're going to return a camera they don't yet have for an imaginary camera that might, maybe, have a feature. As others here pointed out earlier. Do you think you'll return that future Sony cam for the rumored to be rumored X-H3?

7 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

Maybe I got confused in trying to keep up with ridiculous posts asking people if they're going to return a camera they don't yet have for an imaginary camera that might, maybe, have a feature. As others here pointed out earlier. Do you think you'll return that future Sony cam for the rumored to be rumored X-H3?

1 post is pretty complicated, I can see how you would get confused. 

I think a really underrated point about these Fujis is eterna. I've been testing it alot this week to see it's limitations compared to f-log.

It's just really, really good. It holds almost the same DR (around 12 stops) and looks stunning out of the camera. You can really tweak to highlight/shadow to almost log levels, a touch more black to suit my personal taste and job done. I can see it saving me several hours a week in post. (btw - from this week's tests I'd suggest to protect your highlights, there is more extra latitude in the shadows than the highlights.)

Of course, for further control, you can shoot in f-log and add the eterna lut... there is zero difference to the footage once applied.... when pushed very hard in post, the f-log with eterna stands up just a little more. I find having eterna showing on screen while shooting outweighs any benefits of log though. You can nail the white balance, exposure etc so that you are edit ready from the card.

• Super Members

One thing the Sony most likely won't get is the controls. Which for some is simply a faster way of operating and when using it also acts as a top display.

I've been shooting my 6D next to my Panasonic G80 for a few days. Both work fine and complement each other quite well. But one thing that constantly bugs me on the Panasonic, and even more since it doesn't have a tilt screen, is the lack of a top display. It definitely slows me down when a situation occurs.

The X-T3 won't get one but imo doesn't really need one either. One can just look down and see all the settings, even when its turned off.

If that's an important feature is of course up to the individual shooter. For me it's gotten to the point where Im thinking about buying a Panasonic G9 even though it costs more used than a brand new GH5.

X-H1 is still a tasty option which of course has both.