Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

maybe in low light and for 4K slow-mo from that 60p.

It will be superseded quite soon by an X-H2. Maybe as soon as in 6 months. Something to be aware of, for those who need IBIS and superior ergonomics.

400mbps ALL-I is a big improvement over NX1, no?

And how are the ergonomics of the X-H1 better than this or the X-T2, pretty much the same aren't they?

@Brian Williams

As sad as it is in 2018, you’re right. That footage could have come from and NX1 that is still top of the line 4 years later, but it could have also come from and X-T3 after only being out in the wild for a month. I think the NX1 is awesome, but it may finally have found a worthy successor  or at least equal in the X-T3. This is a good thing! If you have an NX1, you are still at the top (which you already knew), if you want an NX1 but want a currently supported version, the X-T3 looks to be it.

I have no horse in the game except for a lot of Fuji feed (glass), so I’m hoping the NX1 is finally matched, because, the footage of that camera was incredible. 

Those NX1 videos have terrible blown highlights on the faces. This doesn't happen on the XT2... the XT3 should be even better. Even on the XT1, the highlight rolloff is nice.

As much as i loved the NX1, blown highlights and DR in general were a letdown. 

The comparisons just seem really odd.  

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Those NX1 videos have terrible blown highlights on the faces. This doesn't happen on the XT2... the XT3 should be even better. Even on the XT1, the highlight rolloff is nice.

As much as i loved the NX1, blown highlights and DR in general were a letdown. 

The comparisons just seem really odd.  

Personally I have the 16-50S glued on one of my NX1 cameras, my argument was that is a stabilized workhorse zoom and the similar Fuji isn't, while in the wide end it is 2f, which offsets - somehow and not completely ofcourse - that is the Achilles heal of the NX -  the advantage of the X-T3 in higher ISO.

The X-T3 seems like an amazing APS-C camera, definitely the best APS-C right now. The 10bit H265 is finally here too which is amazing for me. The specs are brilliant.

The question for us NX users, is if the year of the new mounts and full frame mirrorless is it wise to sell everything, and move on to something, or wait out this year and see how the market shapes.

The asking price of 1750euros in my European country doesn't make the decision easier. 1499 would be milder.

36 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Personally I have the 16-50S glued on one of my NX1 cameras, my argument was that is a stabilized workhorse zoom and the similar Fuji isn't, while in the wide end it is 2f, which offsets - somehow and not completely ofcourse - that is the Achilles heal of the NX -  the advantage of the X-T3 in higher ISO.

The X-T3 seems like an amazing APS-C camera, definitely the best APS-C right now. The 10bit H265 is finally here too which is amazing for me. The specs are brilliant.

The question for us NX users, is if the year of the new mounts and full frame mirrorless is it wise to sell everything, and move on to something, or wait out this year and see how the market shapes.

The asking price of 1750euros in my European country doesn't make the decision easier. 1499 would be milder.

NX1 is obviously still a very high spec camera even in 2018, but I think with a couple of stop better high ISO, 4k60, and half the rolling shutter the Fuji has to be the better choice. If it's worth selling a NX1 to get one I guess depends on how valuable those benefits would be to you.

Camera price is way to high in Euros !!!

In Egypt it works out to 1070 euro ! And even UK price is better than Euro for once 

We’ve already seen that it works well; however, just because the green box is over the eye in the EVF is not always a guarantee that it nailed focus in the final clips. As far as the absence of video eye detect in Sony goes, while I hope they implement it in their new models, I’ve been shooting with and without face detect for months now and it still does a great job nonetheless.

1 minute ago, jonpais said:

We’ve already seen that it works well; however, just because the green box is over the eye in the EVF is not always a guarantee that it nailed focus in the final clips. As far as the absence of video eye detect in Sony goes, while I hope they implement it in their new models, I’ve been shooting with and without face detect for months now and it still does a great job nonetheless.

With preproduction firmware, the performance looks on par if not better than Sony:

With Fuji's Kaizen philosophy it can only getter better from now.

1 hour ago, Luke Mason said:

With preproduction firmware, the performance looks on par if not better than Sony:

Well the vids shown are of one person in frame - the example i put was with multiple people and you can clearly tell if you watch to the end that the camera gets confused and can't find a face amongst the crowd. I don't think it is near as good as the sonys but for vloggers it is probably acceptable. Camera companies in general are crappy with their software but fuji in particular. 

I like the image from this camera. I like the 26MP stills. I’m liking the film emulations... though I would love to see what they look like with the grain setting active. 

I will pick one up along with a zoom and prime to see how it is to work with. I’m thinking this might be a perfect travel cam.

The NX1 didn't have 10 bit and the rolling shutter performance wasn't very good. Not trying to diss the camera but the Fuji a step up from anything on the market, as long as it isn't buggy. 

For people worried about the colors it should be pretty much the same as the XH1. The good thing is if you don't like Fuji color you can shoot in 10 bit Log and grade it how you like, or use a Lut. 

The one thing I wish they had done different is the battery. A bigger battery would be nice even if the camera had to be bigger. Its not a huge deal but still. 

13 hours ago, Yurolov said:

Camera companies in general are crappy with their software but fuji in particular. 

On the flip side, Fuji is def the best at improving their carmeras via firmware, something the rest of the pack (minus Panasonic I guess) never do, especially Sony. Can the A7's handle multiple faces at once?