Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

55 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

The XT3 have definitely pushed the prices of the XH1 down already. I came so close to buying one with an EF speedbooster yesterday. I had both in the shopping cart ready to go.

Luckily I managed to control the urge. Because I believe it will drop even more if the new GF is announced. So I'm playing it cool.

My GAS is temporarily cured by the G80/85 that came yesterday. Quite a nice camera, awesome button layout.

Ohhhhhhhh..... are you going to do a YouTube review of the G80 in the future?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
38 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Ohhhhhhhh..... are you going to do a YouTube review of the G80 in the future?

I think I will. Its been a while since I covered a m4/3. 

(There is currently a $550 off on the GH5 as well, which of course is tempting to someone that loved the GH3 but skipped the GH4.)

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Would be interested to hear what glass he was using on that trailer... Looks so much better than everything else from the XT3 (the other stuff looks good, but this is next level).

Edit - did some googling 

https://www.fdtimes.com/2018/09/06/fujifilm-x-t3/

wow testament to the fujinon 18-55 e mount lenses!

21 hours ago, Kisaha said:

The price for Greece is 1749euros, that is not close to 1499$ at all, and the camera is manufactured in China. I would expect a lower starting price, this is not 2017!

It probably has the most desired specs for me, but I believe I can squeeze another year from my NX1 cameras.

There is no equal to the 16-50S, which is my main workhorse for some years now.

50-150mm S lens is better IMO.

14 hours ago, Kisaha said:

As I said back then the X-H1 was a lost cause, almost full of disadvantages. I am pretty positive that most X-H1 owners have to sell extremely low to get rid of a much bigger, heavier and a lot worst camera than the X-T3. 

These Fuji lenses are great but no AF and no IS, and the size..I want to buy a hybrid camera, not a cine one and I would prefer a 16mm for my workhorse lens. The similar (to the NX S) Fuji is the 16-55 which is not stabilized at all. Maybe they have to bring a newer version to the market, the competition is greater now. I don't care much for IBIS, but a stabilized lens do the job for me.

The great news is that H265 becomes mainstream.

This is a huge release for Fuji, but among huge releases from almost everyone is loosing its shine a bit, the reduction in price is a good move (we have to see if that affected build quality thought) but if the reduction is lesser in some countries they are loosing the advantage, and the A7iii is showing the way for a "cheap" modern (full frame) and true hybrid mirrorless.

Canon's new XF705 has H.265 encoding at 160 mbps for 4K60 4:2:2 10 bit, so expect all new EOS-C cameras to be using H.265 as well. I think a lot of cameras are going to be using it going forward.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Emanuel said:

60P adds a documentary-like realism to the footage but it isn't in the least bit cinematic.

24p all the way for me.

Camera is looking like a great buy BUT let's not get TOO carried away and hype it to death. It is not THAT much better than a NX1. Maybe in low light and for 4K slow-mo from that 60p.

It will be superseded quite soon by an X-H2. Maybe as soon as in 6 months. Something to be aware of, for those who need IBIS and superior ergonomics.

@Andrew Reid I agree. Based on the footage shown so far it has finally caught up with the NX1 in terms of codec and overall performance. Fuji is still in the camera business and Samsung isn’t, so I would call this the NX1 successor. With the amount of support Fuji puts behind cameras and their lens fab capabilities this and the X-H2 could finally dethrone Samsung after ~4 years.

in the next 3 months we will know for sure if this is a contender or pretender. My bet is on contender.

32 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

It will be superseded quite soon by an X-H2. Maybe as soon as in 6 months. Something to be aware of, for those who need IBIS and superior ergonomics.

But the IBIS of the X-H1 was sooo bad for video. Great for stills, but it was jerky as hell if you planned the camera at all while shooting video. I suppose its safe to assume it will be improved for the next camera.