Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

1 hour ago, geardads said:

Also, in Portland Oregon you can't get a freelance creative gig without a Gandolf beard. And you're at basically his birthplace.

Maybe I should move to Portland! (that is where I already send all my USA purchases which I reship! Because I have my reshipper's warehouse address in Portland)

I swear to god I am not a hipster, yet I'm also a keen cycling fanatic (seriously, I moonlight as a bike messenger as well.... could I be any more of a stereotype without meaning to?), am an anarchist, drink cider not beer, have weird/obscure niche taste in music, follow a paleo diet, etc etc etc etc... I'm just digging my hole deeper the more I talk. 

Anyway, I think we've passed "peak beard"? But I've been growing beards on and off for years, and I will again, that won't change. 

On the topic of Gandalf, I once recorded sound for a Lord of the Rings parody web series, and our "gandalf" was glorious to lav up! Because I could hide his lav right out in the "open", because it would be hidden from sight underneath his long white beard and as a bonus the beard acted as fantastic wind protect! 

Now for a totally unrelated pic (as if this thread wasn't already enough off topic!), just because it is funny:

image.png.8f27a0df3500dbfe7d02b055bc38d739.png

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, jonpais said:

You guys need to get your heads out of your asses - there's no banding whatsoever in Johnnie Behiri's YouTube footage. I'm watching it on a 55" OLED and while I'm seeing lots of camera shake and some veiling flare, there's absolutely none of the shiite you're whining about. And I'm not a Fuji fanboy BTW. 

There is banding, nothing extreme... visible on both my MacBook Pro and 65" LG Oled HDR TV. If this is 8 bit footage I would wager you will see none of this with 10 bit footage. My guess is this banding was caused by YouTube compression as other have state. 

I really like this little camera. It's amazing what it can do in such a small footprint. The AF looks very usable. I am interested in the film simulation. Are there any example of it using the build in "Grain" setting? I am curious how this combination looks straight out of camera.

• Administrators

All YouTube footage has banding and compression, it's impossible to get a true picture, that determines what banding the camera's codec has or has not got.

I suggest wait until someone uploads the original files if Johnnie hasn't. Bit of an oversight if he didn't.

12 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

All YouTube footage has banding and compression, it's impossible to get a true picture, that determines what banding the camera's codec has or has not got.

I suggest wait until someone uploads the original files if Johnnie hasn't. Bit of an oversight if he didn't.

HDR videos on Youtube generally never show banding (10bit BT.2020)

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

I swear to god I am not a hipster, yet I'm also a keen cycling fanatic (seriously, I moonlight as a bike messenger as well.... could I be any more of a stereotype without meaning to?), am an anarchist, drink cider not beer, have weird/obscure niche taste in music, follow a paleo diet, etc etc etc etc... I'm just digging my hole deeper the more I talk. 

We need to collaborate on a Fuji / Cycling film. I'll bring some Upper Michigan cider that will knock your socks off.

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

this is the only footage I've found online that appears to be straight out of the camera, 10 bit h265 F-Log; not the funnest to grade, but its downloadable on Vimeo-

The price for Greece is 1749euros, that is not close to 1499$ at all, and the camera is manufactured in China. I would expect a lower starting price, this is not 2017!

It probably has the most desired specs for me, but I believe I can squeeze another year from my NX1 cameras.

There is no equal to the 16-50S, which is my main workhorse for some years now.

4 hours ago, Stryfe said:

Agreed!  I just haven't seen any footage from the XT3 that has wowed me at all.  From the specs alone it should best the NX1 by a wide margin but actually looking at the footage i'm like meh.  Thought it was going to be my next cam.  My NX1 is still the best video IQ wise out of all the 2018 mirrorless cams, even the A7III which i'm just going to use for stills now.  I can only imagine what a FF Samsung NX camera would be like...smh.

4K 60p, IBIS, Dual Card Slots, USB-C 200MB HEVC, eye autofocus, internal 10bit 422 w/updated S-Lenses (Sigh)

What is this based on, how many clips from the X-T3 are even out there at this point, like three or four total?

What is it about the NX1 that you think wins? The colors? I'm asking genuinely, I've never owned one. Pretty much every post you've ever posted on this site is you singing the praises of Samsung and poo pooing pretty much everything else.

8 hours ago, CyclingBen said:

We need to collaborate on a Fuji / Cycling film.

Deal! You're coming here to NZ? ?
Went for a nice bike ride late late last night:

My favorite ever doco is a cycling film (surprise surprise!):

The guy shot most of it just with handycams strapped to his head! 
Definitely going story over gear here. 

8 hours ago, CyclingBen said:

I'll bring some Upper Michigan cider that will knock your socks off.

Is it really strong?
I drink cider as it is kinda my only low strength 4% to 8% option, seeing as I can't drink beer (used to, but medical reasons stopped me because of bad genetics! Got to avoid the wheat that beer is made from).  If I want something stronger I go for spirits. 

5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

The price for Greece is 1749euros, that is not close to 1499$ at all, and the camera is manufactured in China. I would expect a lower starting price, this is not 2017!

Give it six months and prices will ease off. Look at how the X-H1 has dropped a little already.

5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

It probably has the most desired specs for me, but I believe I can squeeze another year from my NX1 cameras.

There is no equal to the 16-50S, which is my main workhorse for some years now.

Fuji 18-55mm f2.9! ?

(odd though that the X Mount version is two hundred dollars more expensive than the Sony E mount version! If anything, you'd think Fuji would encourage purchases using their own mount)

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Give it six months and prices will ease off. Look at how the X-H1 has dropped a little already.

Fuji 18-55mm f2.9! ?

(odd though that the X Mount version is two hundred dollars more expensive than the Sony E mount version! If anything, you'd think Fuji would encourage purchases using their own mount)

As I said back then the X-H1 was a lost cause, almost full of disadvantages. I am pretty positive that most X-H1 owners have to sell extremely low to get rid of a much bigger, heavier and a lot worst camera than the X-T3. 

These Fuji lenses are great but no AF and no IS, and the size..I want to buy a hybrid camera, not a cine one and I would prefer a 16mm for my workhorse lens. The similar (to the NX S) Fuji is the 16-55 which is not stabilized at all. Maybe they have to bring a newer version to the market, the competition is greater now. I don't care much for IBIS, but a stabilized lens do the job for me.

The great news is that H265 becomes mainstream.

This is a huge release for Fuji, but among huge releases from almost everyone is loosing its shine a bit, the reduction in price is a good move (we have to see if that affected build quality thought) but if the reduction is lesser in some countries they are loosing the advantage, and the A7iii is showing the way for a "cheap" modern (full frame) and true hybrid mirrorless.

• Super Members

The XT3 have definitely pushed the prices of the XH1 down already. I came so close to buying one with an EF speedbooster yesterday. I had both in the shopping cart ready to go.

Luckily I managed to control the urge. Because I believe it will drop even more if the new GF is announced. So I'm playing it cool.

My GAS is temporarily cured by the G80/85 that came yesterday. Quite a nice camera, awesome button layout.