Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Do people go around commenting on other things they wont buy, like a particular dishwasher that doesn't tick all their boxes? Or is it just a camera thing?

Haha; someone mentioned they saw banding, I linked a video I noticed a bunch as well. Then someone that obviously wants to buy it tells me not to. Isn't the point of a camera forum, to figure out things that probably are not obvious from the manufacturers info? I think people should say things they find, unless they are getting paid to sugarcoat. 

I think it will be a great camera for some people. I mentioned the banding & youtube in the same sentence. It obviously goes together. Tons of people have noticed this with the xt3 footage, I saw it in eos r on YT as well. There usually is something aggravating it that can be resolved. I have to transcode on the 1dx ii before using in premiere or I get banding that looks the same as what we are discussing here. People get so worked up about cameras, even ones they havent paid for lol. 

39 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

Don't worry, i'll pass on carrying 17 batteries a day ?

If you need 17 batteries a day you’re clearly doing something wrong.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Do people go around commenting on other things they wont buy, like a particular dishwasher that doesn't tick all their boxes? Or is it just a camera thing?

Snowbro is clearly a dudes dude who likes to point out flaws in a 1500 dollar CONSUMER TOY. I really don’t understand all this camera bashing (except for the Eos R where it’s merited).

3 minutes ago, Simon Young said:

Obviously an exaggeration to someone being sensitive haha. Seriously though, didnt dpreview say they went through 6-7 shooting that review in a day/afternoon? Every review I saw said that and no ibis was their only complaint. Maybe they can release a better one in the future, dont know about compatibility though. 

I didn't know this:

https://www.nippon.com/en/features/c00511/

Fujifilm makes cosmetics/skincare as well!

They entered this area and leveraged their decades of experience in making skin tones look beautiful. 

37 minutes ago, Simon Young said:

I've used 13 batteries in a single day as an AC on a music video with a BMPCC

6 hours ago, Attila Bakos said:

It's not a good idea to judge banding by youtube footage.

If I apply more contrast to the youtube frame to show banding, this is what I get:

banding_youtube.thumb.png.a09838c27211b1e521e8008ac0d3671c.png

Now if I go to vimeo and download the original ungraded version, and apply about the same contrast, this is what I get:

banding_original.thumb.png.913904c79f998d63da7e71ab29e46231.png

And the original ungraded version uploaded to vimeo is still 8bit! In 10bit you will have even less banding.

Yeah, this "original ungraded version" that Behiri posted is post-Premiere edited footage, exported as h264. Its not the original 10-bit h265 footage (if he even shot it that way) that came out of the camera.

You guys need to get your heads out of your asses - there's no banding whatsoever in Johnnie Behiri's YouTube footage. I'm watching it on a 55" OLED and while I'm seeing lots of camera shake and some veiling flare, there's absolutely none of the shiite you're whining about. And I'm not a Fuji fanboy BTW. 

25 minutes ago, jonpais said:

You guys need to get your heads out of your asses - there's no banding whatsoever in Johnnie Behiri's YouTube footage. I'm watching it on a 55" OLED and while I'm seeing lots of camera shake and some veiling flare, there's absolutely none of the shiite you're whining about. And I'm not a Fuji fanboy BTW. 

Didn’t see any banding in that one either, and I’m not even buying the camera. Fucking bunch of whiny spec freaks in this thread. Like charbax who is extremely disappointed that the x-t3 doesn’t have EVERYTHING HE NEEDS.

Not seeing why this camera would have any banding or moire issues beyond the normal 8-bit problems almost all cameras have. It only makes sense that 10 bit footage will hold up better then any 8 bit codec on the market. Plus no one has mentioned any issues with it including Cinema 5d which are usually harsh on things. 

I am not a fanboy but this camera is just a big deal to me. 10 bit up to 120fps in HD and 60 in 4k, with an APSC sensor, and solid auto focus, at $1500... that's insane IMO. 

Another amazing thing is Cinema 5d measured it as having more then a stop more dynamic range then the GH5S or A7SII. 

10 hours ago, IronFilm said:

I didn't know this:

https://www.nippon.com/en/features/c00511/

Fujifilm makes cosmetics/skincare as well!

They entered this area and leveraged their decades of experience in making skin tones look beautiful. 

I've used 13 batteries in a single day as an AC on a music video with a BMPCC

Very interesting how they diversified to stay in business and Kodak filed for Bankruptcy

3 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Not seeing why this camera would have any banding or moire issues beyond the normal 8-bit problems almost all cameras have. It only makes sense that 10 bit footage will hold up better then any 8 bit codec on the market. Plus no one has mentioned any issues with it including Cinema 5d which are usually harsh on things. 

I am not a fanboy but this camera is just a big deal to me. 10 bit up to 120fps in HD and 60 in 4k, with an APSC sensor, and solid auto focus, at $1500... that's insane IMO. 

Another amazing thing is Cinema 5d measured it as having more then a stop more dynamic range then the GH5S or A7SII. 

Cinema5D measured around 0.5 stop more than GH5S and A7S II, I think the new noise reduction algorithm and inter-frame noise reduction contributed to that.

1 hour ago, Aussie Ash said:

Very interesting how they diversified to stay in business and Kodak filed for Bankruptcy

Indeed! Could be one of the reasons why Fuji survived but Kodak didn't. (well the Kodak "name" survived, but not the company. You can buy Kodak branded cameras still! ha)

2 hours ago, geardads said:

Hey @IronFilm, nice to see you on here too. I watched your previous Deity video on YT. Super jealous of that beard.

Hey hey, I remember you too from dvxuser!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy has your blog post caused quite the stir in the pro sound community. 

Anyway, I really need to get around to doing a proper new vs old Deity comparison soon myself. As they're noticeably different. 

Am entering my beard (& myself) in the NZ Beard Champs at the end of the month. But after that I'm shaving it off!! ? As I'd do much better in both my professional and personal life if I am clean shaven (or a trimmed short beard)  

9 hours ago, IronFilm said:

As I'd do much better in both my professional and personal life if I am clean shaven (or a trimmed short beard)  

Not sure how it gets in the way of your personal life, but professionally, dude think about who hires you and if that's important to them. One of the reasons my partner and I went with Video Dads (and now Gear Dads for the offshoot review site) is because we thought it would keep away the douchey marketing execs whom we didn't want to work with anyway. 

Also, in Portland Oregon you can't get a freelance creative gig without a Gandolf beard. And you're at basically his birthplace.

8 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Not sure about that, your beard is your trademark!

Ha, maybe I should have called my channel "Beard Knows!" (like "Fro Knows" is for photography)

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Seriously, David? The most funny here is the fact even relatives at my end are aware of your famous beard... What about that? LOL (E : -)

Wait... what?? 
What relatives? :-o

1 hour ago, geardads said:

Not sure how it gets in the way of your personal life

Well in the sense that most girls would run away at the sight of this beard. I'd have better odds with it at a quarter of its length instead. 

1 hour ago, geardads said:

but professionally, dude think about who hires you and if that's important to them. One of the reasons my partner and I went with Video Dads (and now Gear Dads for the offshoot review site) is because we thought it would keep away the douchey marketing execs whom we didn't want to work with anyway. 

Maybe my problem is I don't know exactly where I want to specialize in production sound? (sometimes I think I do... but then I change mind, I like all kinds! Be it recording doco/drama/TVC/corporate/whatever)

If I stuck with just doing features/shorts/etc then a beard would be less of a hindrance to being hired, however that wouldn't be so true if I was going to do more TVC/corporate/etc

Appearance "shouldn't matter", but I know also they do.