Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

Sadly, I have seen crazy banding in many xt3 videos. That killed it for me; now to see if Panasonic or Sony can release what we want...

They will all have crazy banding - after Youtube compression. These cameras are too clean at base ISO, there's no noise/grain to dither large gradients without much detail.

It's not a good idea to judge banding by youtube footage.

If I apply more contrast to the youtube frame to show banding, this is what I get:

banding_youtube.thumb.png.a09838c27211b1e521e8008ac0d3671c.png

Now if I go to vimeo and download the original ungraded version, and apply about the same contrast, this is what I get:

banding_original.thumb.png.913904c79f998d63da7e71ab29e46231.png

And the original ungraded version uploaded to vimeo is still 8bit! In 10bit you will have even less banding.

Banding is certainly an issue on the XT2 and XH1, so worth further investigation... But judging with youtube is certainly the worst way to do it...

Even if something was shot in raw, it might be exported in 8bit at low bitrate, then uploaded to Youtube for another dose of heavy compression. 

47 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

I never see YT compression make banding this bad. I have seen a bunch of x-t3 videos indoor and outdoors, with the banding even worse in some vids. 

There is banding throughout his video. It may be a mix of 10-bit at 4-2-0 internal and the fact that probably uploaded at a lower quality on YouTube. 

• Super Members

Log in 8-bit can often do that. Just look at Sony S-log3 which imo is unusable. Luckily Cine gamma looks great, as I suspect Eterna and CC would on the Fuji. F-Log, S-log3 etc are best kept for scenes without large bright areas or when recording externally. Or if one simply doesn't care. From the example above the Vimeo version is good enough imo. 

Not interested in the X-T3 but the potential for an X-H2, X-Pro3 or X-E4 makes it very interesting to follow the progress,

• Super Members
2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Do people go around commenting on other things they wont buy, like a particular dishwasher that doesn't tick all their boxes? Or is it just a camera thing?

Its a dude thing. What ever dudes are extra interested and nerdy about will show the same phenomenon. Cameras, watches, video games, guns, cars, beer and other stereotypical dude things. Girls like these things to of course, but they don't have to be dicks about it.