Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Like some of us said, XH-1 was a lost cause and a waste of money. It was too obvious.

Does the X-T3 uses the same battery as the X-T2?

The specs are just amazing, and the pricing right.

" Like some of us said, XH-1 was a lost cause and a waste of money. It was too obvious.

Does the X-T3 uses the same battery as the X-T2?

The specs are just amazing, and the pricing right.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:12 PM, Charbax said:

Looking at the spec page I see a lot of problems with video, sadly:

- 4K60 works for "approx 20min" (sounds like overheating limit to me, I absolutely need unlimited 4K60 recording like GH5)

- 4K60 is cropped 1.18x

- video files are split at 4GB (unusable for me, I don't want to be joining 4GB clips in a video editor before being able to upload the 4K60 footage to YouTube)

- 10bit video internally is 4:2:0 only

- HLG (HDR) not yet available (but they say will come by end of year firmware update, not sure if 4:2:0 follows HLG spec, I thought 4:2:2 had to be the HLG spec)

- no IBIS is no good for video and photo (means a $1000 gimball is compulsory for shots off tripod, I never shoot on tripod)

- battery life is way too short means Battery grip is compulsory but goes through 5+ batteries in 1 day of video shooting.

- LCD is not very bright and does not flip to the side (which rules out a lot of types of video shooting, I don't want to buy a camera without a side flip display)

- Lack of object tracking in autofocus is a very big bummer (although the much better face tracking AF than GH5 is great!)

- It looks like it can't do advanced high profile H265 real-time encoding. Does the H265 options provide lower bitrates which is the promise of H265? What does it do in H264 and what does it do in H265 exactly and at which bitrates for each?

I want all frame rates and resolutions with H265 options at half the bitrate of H264 for the same quality. Is that not what it can do? Does it force you to use H265 for IPB? (without even saving a lot on the bitrate?)

Since NX1 of 5 years ago I am waiting for a camera to be able to do 4K in H265 properly to save up to half the bandwidth and storage and still be YouTube direct upload compatible at the same 4K quality. I want a camera that does 75mbit/s H265 at the same quality as 150mbit/s in H264. Or 100mbit/s in H265 at the same quality as 200mbit/s in H264. This might require a much "stronger" "more advanced" "more complex profile" real-time H265 encoding ability. If YouTube, Netflix and Amazon fit their 4K24 streams within 25mbit/s H265 (encoding using strong multi-pass high profile H265 encoders) then surely there is a camera that can fit 4K60 nicely in about 75mbit/s bitrate in H265 when encoding real-time in camera comparable in quality to what it would do in like the GH5 in 150mbit/s using H264. This may not quite be it, I certainly hope Sony gives us new H265 options in their next A7000 APS-C High End and A7Siii.

You're a provocateur ... and a little sick:) .... Buy yourself a real professional video camera that can do it all and not a camera for photos. Also, the X-T3 is a camera with a video function and not vice versa. You are a troll;)

10 hours ago, mercer said:

Sorry that’s what I thought you were saying but either way, my response was a joke. Good to know downvotes are fair game though... ??

Btw, I’m just joking around with the middle finger emoji.

Yeah, that was a funny joke, putting words in my mouth, saying I don’t recommend the camera when I was unmistakably responding to the comment just above my own. ?

I usually admire Johnnie Behiri’s work, but the footage from the X-T3 is mushy and lacking detail or any nice tonality - even on an overcast day, I’d expect to see better than this - and I have. 

Perhaps part of the problem is that he’s using some lenses (slow variable aperture zooms) which aren’t doing the camera any favors; and throwing on a filter that is apparently degrading the image quality even further. Lots of camera shake and veiling flare.

The grade, far from resembling that of any of the truly outstanding Red footage I’ve seen, is like comparing the a7 III to an F55.

On top of which, Fujifilm still haven’t sorted out their nagging quality control issues - several photographers have already noted that their cameras froze and locked up - and this, only a couple weeks from release!

And if I were basing my buying decision solely on released footage alone, I wouldn’t hesitate to get the Nikon Z over the Fuji.

7 hours ago, anonim said:

Huh, I found it too toned - probably due to grading taste - up to the level that seems to me as loosing clearness and get more of a typical "look" of earlier Sony A7 series?

It almost looks like it’s on instagram mode or something. It’s almost not consistent throughout the clip. Different editors? Lenses? Days of shooting?

Something seems off

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

Yeah, that was a funny joke, putting words in my mouth, saying I don’t recommend the camera when I was unmistakably responding to the comment just above my own. ?

Haha, I honestly thought you were talking about the camera in general. My mistake. 

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

And if I were basing my buying decision solely on released footage alone, I wouldn’t hesitate to get the Nikon Z over the Fuji.

Total OT here but why don’t you go and buy an FS5? You seem to be happy with Sony and getting good results with the a7iii. And although I’ve never used one, I have seen one close up on the trade show floor and the thing is tiny. I spoke with the operator for a while and he loved it as an A-Cam to his a6500.

From our brief discussions, you seem to be interested in narratives, and an FS5 with ProRes Raw out plus all of the conveniences of a cinema camera would probably suit your long term goals better? Just a thought.

7 hours ago, Attila Bakos said:

It's still a great feature. But I remember reading that the X-T3 can do eye AF in video mode as well. We'll see about that when the AF tests pop up.

the Fuji can, the Sony can‘t. There is only facial detection and that one is limiting. That‘s why it‘s impossible to compare them.

2 hours ago, jonpais said:

several photographers have already noted that their cameras froze and locked up - and this, only a couple weeks from release!

could you link those quotes? Haveb‘t seen any of those yet

Have a look at Johnnie Behiri’s review over at Cinema5D and Lee Zavits’ at his YT channel Zedpro Media.

Face detect AF in video is only limiting when you’ve never used it or had a chance to compare it to Fuji’s X-T3. Oh, did you say you can’t compare them? Funny, ‘cause I smell some side-by-sides coming out any day now. ?

10 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

the Fuji can, the Sony can‘t. There is only facial detection and that one is limiting. That‘s why it‘s impossible to compare them.

could you link those quotes? Haveb‘t seen any of those yet

2 hours ago, jonpais said:

On top of which, Fujifilm still haven’t sorted out their nagging quality control issues - several photographers have already noted that their cameras froze and locked up - and this, only a couple weeks from release!

Really easy to make an X-T2, X-Pro-2 or X-H1 lock up.

1) Use a non Fuji recommended SD card and try to shoot bursts or swap between video/stills right after taking a photo or video.

2) Copy data from the card and not safety ejecting it from the computer. I’ve done this 4 or 5 times on accident and twice on purpose to test it. Works fine until you take a photo or video. After it’s saved the EVF goes wonky and you’ll be in lockup land after a few photos or shooting video.

Fuji does need to fix their file system. Fat32? I’d gladly pay $5 more for a Fuji camera to have exfat.

10 hours ago, Attila Bakos said:

Gordon Laing's short touch AF test, transition is not smooth here:

Also check the eye AF at 10:00 here, it seems to be much slower than the A7III:

Here really weird birds are running 

There are "some" AF settings, maybe he should deal with that!
Unfortunately, there are too many testers the far too little experience with the Fuji cameras (x-t2, H1) of the X-T3 even more, and thus also much nonsense spread. Unfortunately!

12 hours ago, anonim said:

Huh, l'ho trovato troppo tonico - probabilmente a causa del grading taste - fino al livello che mi sembra come una chiarezza perdente e ottenere più di un tipico "look" della precedente serie Sony A7?

Exactly. in this video I worked the movie as a s-log 2, clearly it's just a test done in 5 minutes on the entire editing, (nothing professional for a hyper-compressed movie downloaded from youtube) I just pushed hard with the tones to make the artifacts but the shot held up well.
In this second and short test instead, I worked a small scene as if it were a red camera movie and the result is much more natural, especially in skin tones.
After that I will not waste any more time on junk files, wait to find the original files or shoot with my camera as soon as it is available for purchase.

I must say I´m not impressed with the cinema5d aircraft footage. The colors look good but not better than Canon, Nikon or the latest Lumix colors, rather less so. I am wondering about the topic of this video as for marketing this camera. The narrator does seem to admire his sujet more than the task of testing a camera.

People in the graded screenshots look angry. Maybe they are upset about their skintones or they are preparing for some holy cause of cruisade. Either way, I don´t think the author of this neither Fuji did themselves a favour with this minidoc.