Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 hours ago, jhnkng said:

I've been thinking on that too. I just got an X-H1 thinking the X-T3 would be announced but won't be on sale for a couple of months and I needed something earlier, but now I wonder if maybe I should've held off. I can't see most of those headline features coming to the X-H1, maybe zebras and some of the smaller features. 4k60p would be amazing but I can't see how it can happen since it's so hardware dependant, but I wonder if 10bit external is a possibility? The 1080/60p looks great though, and easily a match for the 4k downsampled so at least on a 1080 timeline there shouldn't be any problems mixing and matching. For me though I'd be happy if they fix the aliasing in the 120p mode -- I haven't done proper tests but it looks worse than the X-T2, on some surfaces it looks like it was recording the peaking. 

I think you might be onto something... We don't see this on the X-T2 120p only on the X-H1.  I wonder if the "high" peaking setting only available on that cam is the reason.  Off to do some testing, I'll report back.

Quick follow up.  I shot some 120p video on the X-H1 using a Fuji 35mm 2.0 with all of the different peaking settings (Off, Low and High) and all different colors (Yellow, Red, Blue, White) and i saw no difference in the aliasing / ghosting. 

Then I thought maybe a non-fuji lens would make a difference so tried the same test with a Rokkor 45mm.  No difference. 

The odd thing is, it almost seems like the processor is sending the peaking data to the recording some how even if it's not turned on.  Could be my eyes, or it could be confirmation bias... Maybe the software coding is sloppy, maybe it's the IBIS, maybe I suck as a cinematographer...

TL:DR Turning the peaking on or off made no difference

Anyone care to hazard a guess whether the Fuji X-E4 will have the same video features. Doesn't seem much smaller than this:

Fujifilm-X-T2-vs-Fujifilm-X-E3-size-comparison.jpg.d0303aa836d408f84a4dc61ca8a3eff7.jpg

Or is the X-Pro3 a more realistic option to handle the heat for us left viewfider lovers?

images.jpeg.f25435e9ee62b1bfd43de4037a7d24b0.jpeg

Or are these cameras unlikely to get these awesome video specs, with them being so popular for street photography?

Just realized that F-Log footage basically just is nothing else than Rec2020 gamut with a LOG gamma - kinda similar to what HLG does.
Makes it perfectly compatible with ACES colorspace. Just need to apply a curve and have filmic looking footage with some great color.

image.thumb.png.44becf8a4bfe783a7ac0921c77e1e3b5.png 

Now I'm even less sure which camera to choose (BMP4K or X-T3)...
BMP4K footage doesn't work in ACES at all. The red channel oversaturates way too much and I don't think any IDT (CTL) developed by Blackmagic in the future can help - unless they change their color science...

13 hours ago, CyclingBen said:

Quick follow up.  I shot some 120p video on the X-H1 using a Fuji 35mm 2.0 with all of the different peaking settings (Off, Low and High) and all different colors (Yellow, Red, Blue, White) and i saw no difference in the aliasing / ghosting. 

Then I thought maybe a non-fuji lens would make a difference so tried the same test with a Rokkor 45mm.  No difference. 

The odd thing is, it almost seems like the processor is sending the peaking data to the recording some how even if it's not turned on.  Could be my eyes, or it could be confirmation bias... Maybe the software coding is sloppy, maybe it's the IBIS, maybe I suck as a cinematographer...

TL:DR Turning the peaking on or off made no difference

Thanks mate, I'm going to have a look at this as well -- I've noticed that I'm seeing moire and aliasing at 4k and FHD that I didn't see in the XT2... I wonder if Eterna is doing something weird? Anyway I'll give it a go and see what I find.

6 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I never said I didn’t like the camera. 

Sorry that’s what I thought you were saying but either way, my response was a joke. Good to know downvotes are fair game though... ??

Btw, I’m just joking around with the middle finger emoji.