Fuji X-T3 has 4K60P and 10 bit

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

First time i've logged in for many months as I have been so happy shooting with my XT2 that other camera news didn't interest me... But this was worth a log in! I absolutely love the XT2, but banding is a problem, so 10bit should fix this. Fuji colours are just so, so beautiful (even better than Canon) and the Eterna lut/simulation is so nice. If the AF is further improved, this will be the camera of the year.

It amazes me that so many people ignore Fuji, but I actually quite like it that way... Feels like being part of a select group. Stills are exceptional, the lenses are beautiful, solid video specs, good DR, the best skintones in the price range and constant firmware updates. I think this select group is about to get alot bigger though, once people see the Fuji colour in 10bit glory.

10 hours ago, Tone1k said:

Yep, not even the FS5 does 10bit 4K. 

If Fuji delivers, I'm not sure why people would be so dismissive of this camera. 10bit, great colours straight out of camera, 4k60p and the best lenses if you want to stay compact.

It's what everyone wanted a year ago and all you really need today for 99% of the time. 

Hey Fuji, now give us an FS7 or C300 style camera with XLR and TC inputs, high data rate recording (ProRes or Dnx?) and paired with your wonderful and affordable fujinon cine zooms, we'd have a great A and B Camera system. 

agreed and let's not forget internal DCI 4K/2K which neither FS5 or A7 series allow neither. 

now if Fuji manage to eliminate the 4k crop this could be a very serious alternative to Super35 cine cams imo. in any case a solid B cam indeed.

Hopefully it's possible to record 4k for more than 10 minutes internally without the battery grip and without the camera splitting up the data in 4GB chunks. And hopefully the bad rolling shutter and the moiré in 4k in the x-t2 is fixed. I love Fuji's color science as much as the next guy and I don't think ibis is fundamental, but I seriously hope they manage to get the very basic things right this time.

Nikon had better bring their A Game, if Fujifilm is bringing out the Fujifilm X-T3 for sub US$1.5K with 4K 60fps 10bit (dunno if at the same time and internal?) with APS-C IBIS (well, at least I hope they don't drop IBIS! But then again the GH5S happened) etc

Very appealing!

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Nikon had better bring their A Game, if Fujifilm is bringing out the Fujifilm X-T3 for sub US$1.5K with 4K 60fps 10bit (dunno if at the same time and internal?) with APS-C IBIS (well, at least I hope they don't drop IBIS! But then again the GH5S happened) etc

Very appealing!

The X-T3 will not have IBIS.

23 minutes ago, HienC said:

Do these specs have anything to do with Samsung partnership. Seems like really high tech for a camera that Fuji doesn't consider their flagship anymore.

Yeah interesting stuff. Look at the firmware update they just had for the X-T2. Ends up better in some respects than the XH-1? Odd strategy..

But I guess on paper on Sony did that with the A7 mk III.

And not only on paper. :) 

If the rumors are to be believed (as being reported here, since I haven't looked at the Fujirumors site), the X-T3 is supposed to sell for just $1,500, I think this, along with the a7 III's aggressive pricing, is going to exert tremendous pressure on both Olympus and Panasonic. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am still firm APS-C believer - best compromise between size, IQ, price and DOF capabilities. FF is just too expensive and too big. All these FF rumors have me wondering, who has the money for this stuff (professionals aside)? Hopefully, Sony and Fuji will keep the flame alive and Sony won't just focus everything on their FF efforts.

@Django

The body is more square shaped, in the spirit of the x-t20, look at the side by sides. And the top dials are thinner, just like the ones on the X-H1. Depending on how long it will let you record 4K without booster grip, how good the continuous autofocus is and how bad the rolling shutter is, it might be a hit. Otherwise DOA. Better to wait for the x-h2, if video is concerned.

1 hour ago, Django said:

I don't see a single re-design which is pretty damn lazy... full announcement Sept.6 (day after Canon ?) DOA anyone?

If it ain't broke....

The XT2 has great ergonomics

Damn, the choices are stacking up... If this has anything close to Canon AF, i'll buy it. If not, I'll buy the Canon FF and have XH1 as B cam. 

But,now everyone is go FF,why still stick to APSC?

If Panasonnic is really go FF as some rumors  forecast ,M43 is totally dead,RIP GH series,so sell your GH5 before it is too late!I really mean it!

In short term future,I think everyone will have 10bit 4K 60P-120P,even raw  or 6K,10bit just solve all the color banning issues,but the sensor size will be the only factor that decide how good the image really is!

98% of the movies you gush over are filmed on a APS-C type sensor. APS-C is far from dead for video as far as i'm concerned.

That being said the mirrorless race is on, and with APS-C modes inside Nikon & Sony cams well Fuji have to really up the ante as far as features & ergonomics imo.

Rumors better be right about 10-bit internal. But with no IBIS, questionable AF, poor battery life and rather clumsy ergonomics for video (hate that 4 position lever in between stills & video mode) i don't think XT3 will make a huge impact outside of dedicated Fuji users. I myself will probably dump the system even though I'm still fond of my XT2 as a cheap, compact & affordable hybrid.