Sony Dominates FF Sales in USA

jonpais

17 minutes ago, kye said:

I read something somewhere saying that being memorable is about setting an expectation and then violating it.  I guess it's the essence of those "I did something - YOU WONT GUESS WHAT HAPPENED" clickbait titles.

If Canon is going to release a corker then the best prelude would be the luke-warm expectations that everyone has.  If we all get excited about the Nikon mirrorless it will be hard for them to shock us, but a C150 in DSLR size with 6K downsampling would break the internet :)

Yeah but i am afraid, and I really hope I am wrong, but Canon just seems to be as of late, as well no matter what we throw out there the Fans will gobble it up hook line and sinker. I think they think they Can't loose. But I think it is make or break time for both Canon and Nikon on this jump to Mirrorless. And it looks like Nikon may be taking it a hell of a lot more serious than Canon. No they are not going to put Canon out of business LoL, but they may just get some people to jump from Canon to Nikon, I think a lot really hate Sony enough to never go their way, but they might go to Nikon. But now No company can afford to loose customers to the Enemy as they say, not in this day and age.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah but i am afraid, and I really hope I am wrong, but Canon just seems to be as of late, as well no matter what we throw out there the Fans will gobble it up hook line and sinker. I think they think they Can't loose. But I think it is make or break time for both Canon and Nikon on this jump to Mirrorless. And it looks like Nikon may be taking it a hell of a lot more serious than Canon. No they are not going to put Canon out of business LoL, but they may just get some people to jump from Canon to Nikon, I think a lot really hate Sony enough to never go their way, but they might go to Nikon. But now No company can afford to loose customers to the Enemy as they say, not in this day and age.

You may well be right, all this talk of the industry is all speculation after all.

I think that the move to mirrorless will be looked back on as why a whole bunch of companies went from good standing to being put out of business.  Kind of like how we talk about Kodak basically inventing digital photography and then screwing it up by abandoning it.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

I am reading every day about Canon NOT having a mirrorless line and that is 100% NOT true.

Canon is number #1 in mirrorless sales in Japan, which is a huge market, despite the less population than US and EU, and I bet they are near the top in developing countries and S.E Asian ones, where Canon branding is a certainty for decades.

They have an APS mirrorless line, which still is a tremendous market (in total numbers sold) and they sell well. Now they will have a full frame mirrorless line too. Nikon had an 1" mirrorless line that failed miserably, they canceled completely their premium compact line, and they are loosing customers here and there from many players (mainly Sony and Fuji, all the Fuji owners I know are Nikon dSLR owners and users for many decades, and the less established video capabilities, while Canon/Sony/Panasonic are well known in the field of video for many decades also).

Being last in announcements, will give them a lower start, but at the same time they will have - almost - all the market in front of them, and they will act accordingly (lower price, extra specs, withdrawal of a project e.t.c). They were waiting for a few years now. They can wait for a few more months if that puts them ahead of the competition (info-wise).

For starters, everyone will try to cut down the percentage of Sony, there is no much intermixing of Canon/Nikon as I see it.

It is a segment that Sony owns something like the 98% of the market. They can only go down from there, while Canon and Nikon will try their best to get a huge chunk of that.