Do Colors of Oringal a7S Improve Much With EOSHD Pro Color (or other custom PP)?

Mark Romero 2

Does an original a7S benefit much from the various EOSHD Pro Color versions? Or from other custom profile settings?

If I recall correctly, isn't the original a7S more limited in what can be adjusted in the various picture profiles?

Thinking that if I get an a7 III as my main camera, it would probably make sense to get an a7S as a backup / B camera (instead of various APS-C cameras I own like the a5100, a6000, a6500).

Thanks in advance.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

It benefits a lot from it, but it doesn't turn into an A7R III. The colour processing engine and sensor on that camera is older. You can adjust all the settings needed for Pro Color though, apart from S-Gamut3.Cine. It uses the original S-Gamut. And auto-WB is a bit of a weakness on the old A7S. So I recommend using manual.

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

It benefits a lot from it, but it doesn't turn into an A7R III. The colour processing engine and sensor on that camera is older. You can adjust all the settings needed for Pro Color though, apart from S-Gamut3.Cine. It uses the original S-Gamut. And auto-WB is a bit of a weakness on the old A7S. So I recommend using manual.

Thank you.

I just remembered that SLOG on the a7S is minnimum ISO 3200.

Considering that there is no S-Gamut3.Cine on the a7, is it just best to avoid SLOG as much as possible?

And which version of EOSHD Pro Color is best for the a7S? Is it version 3?

I ask because I have already purchased ProColor 2. But if version3 is that much better, then I would get version 3.

Thanks in advance.