Is it really coming?! The LX100 II?! August 23?!

newfoundmass

• Super Members

Yeah, whoever that guy is he sounds like a right dick ;)

Its promising actually that they've enabled it in the GX9 as it will need to be selectable from the app which makes it possible.

I won't be anywhere near one of these cameras for a while but I'll certainly be interested in checking it when I see one.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, that ‘update’ saved me some money. I had the original LX100 and loved it except for some funny colour and, bad evf, and not so great iOS. Was hoping for a mini gh5 to go with my real gh5, but I guess I stick with my gx80 as travel cam for a while longer...

I thought about it.

I guess the Majority of Panasonic users believe the LX100 ii is DoA. I was attempting to have a Poll on it, but the Poll thing has some glitch, which happened for the 2nd time.

But the LX100 ii being a damp squib seems yo be the Majority opinion around, I guess.

It might do OK as a simple point and shoot, and will probably be decent the same way the original was, but for more advanced uses / users it's a miss unfortunately. I'd have loved a pocketable camera I could use in public that wouldn't draw attention that was versatile enough to add a mic if necessary. Didn't even need v-log. It didn't seem unreasonable / unrealistic. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I don't get it? It was such a missed opportunity for Panny. It is not going to sell, and now it will wither on the vine. Crazy thought process on Panasonic's part. ?

Yup I dont get either. As far as I can see, Panasonic keeps shooting themselves in the foot at the moment. Companies need to play to their strengths. You would think that Panasonic would have given a decent amount of care and attention to the LX100ii because of the amount of love and attention the LX100 received from customers (and even reviewers - has any other Panasonic compact received a gold award from DPR.)

I will be buying the LX100ii (well the Leica skinned version) because my GF loves the LX100 so much and has used it pretty much on a daily basis for 4 years....

1246889094_Leica(1of1).thumb.jpg.09f4e300a6b6da7cbafc28a77624d1ef.jpg

(Yeah dont ask!!) But Panasonic have really killed my enthusiasm for this line with their inherent laziness....

• Super Members

I suppose the best thing about this is that it will drive the used price of the original one down even further into the territory of it being one of the best value MFT zoom lenses (With free camera) around.

From a photo perspective, it's worth bearing in mind that the original version in its Leica overcoat form is decent enough for a lot of Leica users to take it as one of their own, so the improvements on the photo side will only enhance that.

If it could be hacked to have Cinelike D on it then it would actually be quite appealing as an all rounder.....

If it wasn't for the crop.

For years, Fuji have made a very high quality 0.8x WA add on for the X100 (The latest incarnation quite cleverly attaches magnetically so you can pop it on and off) and Panasonic have missed a trick by not offering one for this camera. Having the ability to pop it on to give you 19mm in photo and get back to it being 24mm in 4K would really enhance it as an all rounder. 

If it wasn't for the lack of a mic input.

4 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

If it wasn't for the lack of a mic input.

It should be criminal for a camera manufacturer not to do this. 

But then again even ARRI can't get this right. 

Just wrapped on yet another shoot day with an Alexa Mini today. Sigh. 
(been shooting with them almost every week this month)
At least this time the camera department was kind, and not as difficult to work with as the others. 

• Super Members
15 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

It should be criminal for a camera manufacturer not to do this. 

I'm beginning to think it might actually be criminal for them to do it they way they all avoid it.

For the more intrepid, here is a picture of what you need to do to add a microphone input to an LX100

08f12b700f1c443597b027d2d78ab301.jpg.dbf2b84a3f1eafb31b8d6f62aab5a546.jpg

Original thread here.

I think the guy could make a few quid doing these mods for other people's LX100s !