Edelkrone HeadPLUS

photographer-at-large

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, photographer-at-large said:

I want so much of their gear:

https://edelkrone.com/products/headplus

I have the Motion Kit which was released last year, and it's a really, really awesome piece of kit. 

The major difference with this one is the laser targeting, as on the current Head Module you use the app to adjust focus on the object and you "record" the position and focus. 

They do make it look so easy on the promo! Once you get used to it, it's easy to use the settings however to get the right shot requires intricacy and patience. 

Their kit is expensive, but it's the right price for the target market as the shots really do stand out compared to boring old tripod pans.  

16 hours ago, photographer-at-large said:

Great that the camera is now centered around the pan axis.

Yes and the app has been re-worked, looks far better and much less cluttered. 

This company make some of the best and most interesting gadgets for filmmaking in the world. I want every product they have! ?

23 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

Yes and the app has been re-worked, looks far better and much less cluttered. 

This company make some of the best and most interesting gadgets for filmmaking in the world. I want every product they have! ?

I have had excellent after sales service from Edelkrone as well.

I purchased one of Edelkrone’s original sliders and several years later noticed what appeared to be rust on the bearings. They asked me to ship it back to them, but because they no longer had that model, they would ship me their latest one at no cost. If I remember correctly, they shipped it to me even before receiving the return. 

2 hours ago, DBounce said:

Almost bought the motion kit last time around, but got discouraged by the bad reviews. I will be curious to learn how this one works out.

Edelkrone units never quite deliver, there's always wobble or sag problem with their designs, but you get what you pay for: real moco is expensive.

I used a Edelkrone slider and motion control kit extensively 3-4 years ago when I was a DSLR shooter.

If you're based in North America I'd suggest Kessler Crane.

4 hours ago, DBounce said:

Almost bought the motion kit last time around, but got discouraged by the bad reviews. I will be curious to learn how this one works out.

The problem I've found with a lot of these reviews is that some people using the system haven't made the simple "trouble shooting" adjustments when a problem arises. At first, my slides were very jumpy but I fixed it with a simple tightening of the screw in the slide module. 

The system isn't perfect but they deliver really astonishing results, if you put patience and creativity into your shots. 

40 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

The problem I've found with a lot of these reviews is that some people using the system haven't made the simple "trouble shooting" adjustments when a problem arises. At first, my slides were very jumpy but I fixed it with a simple tightening of the screw in the slide module. 

The system isn't perfect but they deliver really astonishing results, if you put patience and creativity into your shots. 

Are you planning a rewiew? I’m sure I’m not the only one that would look forward to seeing an independent review of the new model.

2 hours ago, DBounce said:

Are you planning a rewiew? I’m sure I’m not the only one that would look forward to seeing an independent review of the new model.

Wish I could do reviews but I struggle to find the time. Also not sure if I could offer anything unique as this area is pretty oversaturated as it is. 

When the upgrade arrives, I’ll let you know my views at least. 

12 hours ago, Robert Collins said:

Yes me too. I bought the SliderOne pro and motion box.They didn’t work well together. They sent me a replacement SliderOne and it was here in Thailand within 4 days.

Can you elaborate on how you felt they weren't working well together? I've been meaning to buy the SliderOne Pro/Motion Box combo for a while now, so any first hand critiques would be greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, Ty Harper said:

Can you elaborate on how you felt they weren't working well together? I've been meaning to buy the SliderOne Pro/Motion Box combo for a while now, so any first hand critiques would be greatly appreciated.

Well the first SliderOne pro I had worked fine by itself. Ants the motion box (only released a month ago) worked fine by itself. But the two working together resulted in ‘uncontrolled shudders’ for a few seconds every 5 minutes in a time lapse.Edelkrone sent me a replacement SliderOne and so it seems to work pretty much perfectly.

The app is superb. Always connect, very fast and easy to use and extremely intuitive.

I have been using it mostly for motion timelapses though and haven’t done much straight video with it. I did this as a sort of test looking for jitters but it looked pretty good to me....

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Arx347dcSG470FwxQpUfppsqk-TR

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2018 at 4:23 PM, Oliver Daniel said:

Wish I could do reviews but I struggle to find the time. Also not sure if I could offer anything unique as this area is pretty oversaturated as it is. 

When the upgrade arrives, I’ll let you know my views at least. 

Bit the bullet and ordered one. Did you get your upgrade yet? This is I think their third or fourth try at this system, so I am thinking the newest model should be about as good as it can get right now compared to the competition.

I understand that the gearing on all the new motor driven motion control hardware is also upgraded to prevent any slop that the older hardware had.

8 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Bit the bullet and ordered one. Did you get your upgrade yet? This is I think their third or fourth try at this system, so I am thinking the newest model should be about as good as it can get right now compared to the competition.

I understand that the gearing on all the new motor driven motion control hardware is also upgraded to prevent any slop that the older hardware had.

I do have the upgrade but not used it yet. 

The previous one worked really well and only had a couple of minor issues. Overall it was awesome. 

I started with the first one but didn’t really get to grips with it. 

Looking to use the new one extensively in the new year.