Wide angle lens for Panasonic GX85 | Help

JackHorror

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah crazy cheap for it. Sigh. If I had a use for it I would have bought it, but I have other needs as they say.

Bugger. I just grabbed it for $129. What the hell is wrong with this lens? I like it so far. Maybe they’re running them out. But at that price ... come on Voightlander I want a 42.5 for $200. 

12 minutes ago, ShaunC said:

Bugger. I just grabbed it for $129. What the hell is wrong with this lens? I like it so far. Maybe they’re running them out. But at that price ... come on Voightlander I want a 42.5 for $200. 

It's 2nd hand. And according the rating, not a very good one at that:

Appears to have been used heavily, showing multiple dings, scrapes/scratches, cracks and heavy brassing but functions correctly.

So, you snagged a superfair price still, considering you're paying only a small premium over the 2nd hand one but getting a brand spanking new one free of issues.

5 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

It's 2nd hand. And according the rating, not a very good one at that:

So, you snagged a superfair price still, considering you're paying only a small premium over the 2nd hand one but getting a brand spanking new one free of issues.

It’s a bizarre little lens. Cheap any way you look at it. I’ve been using it on the GX85, makes the whole combo tiny. And I like the image I get. Not fast, but at f4 it’s not for low light stuff anyway. There seems to be no decent review out there that I can find, not from the usual suspects anyway. Which is a shame, because for a low budget kit this lens seems a no brainer. 

3 minutes ago, ShaunC said:

It’s a bizarre little lens. Cheap any way you look at it. I’ve been using it on the GX85, makes the whole combo tiny. And I like the image I get. Not fast, but at f4 it’s not for low light stuff anyway. There seems to be no decent review out there that I can find, not from the usual suspects anyway. Which is a shame, because for a low budget kit this lens seems a no brainer. 

For me it was a toss up between that one and the Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT. Of which the latter I ended up getting. Guess most people might've done that due to the f/2 and the lightweight version of it can be thrown on an aerial gimbal. There's quite a bit of reviews on that one but indeed not much on the SLR Magic 8mm.

5 hours ago, Cinegain said:

For me it was a toss up between that one and the Laowa 7.5mm f/2 MFT. Of which the latter I ended up getting. Guess most people might've done that due to the f/2 and the lightweight version of it can be thrown on an aerial gimbal. There's quite a bit of reviews on that one but indeed not much on the SLR Magic 8mm.

Yeah but it is 500 bucks! And that SLR lens is sold. And No I didn't buy it. ?

On 8/7/2018 at 7:54 AM, IronFilm said:

If you're filming though then once you crop down to 2.39 aspect ratio then it will look just fine

Vignetting reaches as high as 59% and even stopping down to f/11 doén’t help matters much. Cropping to 2:39, there will still be huge light fall off toward the edges of the frame. Best to just embrace it as a feature.

Finally finally, after an initial failed attempted, I have purchased and got a SLR Magic 8mm f4 lens:

Will be a fantastic lens I'm sure for my future vlogs, will mean it is easier for me to keep everything in frame even when handheld filming myself and trying to concentrate also on speaking etc