Should all political discussion be banned on EOSHD?

Andrew Reid

Should all political discussion be banned on EOSHD?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Ban politics?

• Yes, total censorship
    • Move topics to a sub-forum
    • No, I want to speak freely

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, OliKMIA said:

Yes
No
Yes
No
FACT is..
You prove my point, fake news...
Yes.. Trump..
No... Trump...
You are an idiot
No, YOU are an idiot
Banned

The usual course of this kind of thread. Creating a sub-forum seems to be a good compromise.

Haha. I hate both left and right extremes as well. Fed up of hearing their nonsense.

We've had leftist new-age hippy conspiracy from JCS, and I had to let him go. We had right-wing conspiracies, and they are an even quicker way to get banned from any camera forum not just this one.

I have a feeling a sub-forum makes things even worse, which is why LL had to close their coffee corner. There wasn't much coffee, but a lot of weirdos.

Maybe we should keep the present situation, where the politics at least starts off filmmaking-related.

Rather than actuals redneck threads one after the other.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Haha. I hate both left and right extremes...Maybe we should keep the present situation, where the politics at least starts off filmmaking-related.

Some of the best HDR 8k images I've captured with the new Ricoh organic CCD sensor involve rednecks and the best skin tone/motion cadence you've ever seen.

And redneck culture is the backbone of America.

You got something against rednecks!?  You hate America for some reason?  If you don't like it leave!  

Think for you're selves, sheeple!

4 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Haha. I hate both left and right extremes as well. Fed up of hearing their nonsense.

I have a feeling a sub-forum makes things even worse, which is why LL had to close their coffee corner. There wasn't much coffee, but a lot of weirdos.

Maybe we should keep the present situation, where the politics at least starts off filmmaking-related.

I don't envy you, "moding" is always a dirty game, if you ban someone, people will yell "censorship", if you don't the forum will quickly be filled with non-sense an nauseous arguments.. At least the sub-forum allows to keep all this content in one place under quarantine. Good luck.

4 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

And redneck culture is the backbone of America.

Yeah most of the  Middle America States, and income brackets falls into that category. And most of whatever has and is produced in this county heavy industry wise, even farming has been in the Middle States, and by a lot of Rednecks. And I am sure in most countries the Middle Class pretty much pays the way for the rest of society. Sure is that way here, but seem to be the less represented in reality. The old Squeaky Wheel thingy.

That is what Trump plugged into was "Rednecks". Pretty broad term, but probably represents a lot of the middle class hourly workers in this day and age. And unfortunately there are not many jobs left for them now. So Yeah they get rowdy, but you would too if you were being ignored, doing most of the hard work, and basically paying the way for everyone else, and loosing ground more and more every day. Hardy a new concept in the History of the world..

1 hour ago, OliKMIA said:

I don't envy you, "moding" is always a dirty game, if you ban someone, people will yell "censorship", if you don't the forum will quickly be filled with non-sense an nauseous arguments.. At least the sub-forum allows to keep all this content in one place under quarantine. Good luck.

I really think it is a damn slippery slope that has already had repercussions for a few, and I bet won't be the last. I don't know the more I think about it the less I like the idea of ANY of it on here. A heck of a lot of people on here don't even live in this country, nothing wrong with that LoL, nice to have differing viewpoints, but hell it is hard to keep up with what is going on living here let alone for people having a honest, fair, informed assessment living from afar.

In the LuLa statement the author states that climate chamge is political. Nonsense. It is various scientific disciplines working together to understand our plant - which may or may not have a political dimension. And therein lies the problem. You can’t discuss “that” because it’s “political”. Really?