Casey Neistat vs Logan Paul

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Peter Paul Chato says it all...

I 100% agree with him.

Casey did an alright job of the interview, but pulled some punches.

Logan Paul isn't sincere... It's all a PR stunt.

Good job the BBC Radio 1 at least chose not to broadcast their role in the stunt.... How they got involved in the first place, on the other hand... is a big question mark.

He keeps referring himself as "The Brand"... Well he certainly is branded. It's also pretty clear he's paid some PR people to coach him. Dodging subjects with "I'm not sure I understand the question" and appearing to take "responsibility" by nodding and agreeing to negative criticism.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

? /care And water is wet. What else is new? Why are people still talking about this? Is that somekind of masochistic behaviour?

I'd rather have a laugh than roll my eyes (the exception: when it's both at the same time), so Imma put on some more Who is America? .

Casey is fine. I've watched a few of his videos and he's entertaining, he pushes himself and his life mantra is fairly inspirational. He seems relatively true to himself and he doesn't seem to be projecting a fake persona, like a hell of a lot of these content creators. But his views need to be taken with an absolutely massive pile of salt. People watch these videos and listen to his mantras they think, 'THIS' is how to be successful, how to be happy, how to do what I love' and because he only preaches 'work work work' and that must make a lot of people feel inadequate. It's normal to relax, it's normal to want some downtime, and not everyone can or should be a workaholic.

Casey's life view is that this is how you get what you want. If you break it down, it's capitalism 101. You are a component in a larger machine, if you're not working you are an unproductive member of society. If you work more, you will reap the benefits. Completely ignoring socio-economic background, ethnicity, physical or mental disabilities. He is a walking 'American Dream' machine. I'm so glad I dodged this generation of hyper ADD attention seeking 'content creators' but part of me wonders what kind of dangerous precedent it will set in creative industries.

2 hours ago, Gregormannschaft said:

if you're not working you are an unproductive member of society. If you work more, you will reap the benefits.

It's not untrue as such ambition can reward material benefits for many, if not most, people.  Luckily, I ain't one of them.  Taking the career path I've personally defined is what I consider success to begin with, if that makes sense.  It's the journey that matters to me.

Them again, I've never really been materialistic.

But I can't deny that being tenacious and prolific has a certain merit.  That just seems to be an American way.  

2 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

But I can't deny that being tenacious and prolific has a certain merit.  That just seems to be an American way.  

Working fast like this video. Wow I would jump off the roof if I had to work that fast every day.