Panasonic preparing production of full frame sensor for 2020?

Andrew Reid

19 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Yep there's a good chance it's for Leica. I still hold out some hope for the full frame Panasonic cameras though, I really think there's some hints it may happen.

I notice a lot of panasonic users on other forums have said things like, "If only panasonic made a full frame sensor..." so I see there is a lot of interest in it.

but on the other hand, then you have the lens issue: All the people who own the m43 system are going to have to go out and buy FF lenses for the new FF panasonic bodies (or use adapted lenses).

With full frame bodies you can stick an APS-C lens on there and at least shoot in S35. Maybe not great, but at least workable.

But if you have a full frame panasonic body and stick an m43 lens on it, what are you going to get???

I think competition is wonderful so I truly HOPE that Panasonic come out with a killer full frame camera.

But the lens situation has me wondering how feasible it is.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
18 hours ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

All the people who own the m43 system are going to have to go out and buy FF lenses for the new FF panasonic bodies (or use adapted lenses)

Sony went through the same thing. Before the A7 they only had the NEX 7, etc.... with APS-C lenses.

If Sony had stuck to the smaller sensor and not created the A7 series, where would they be now?

Especially as the Canon and Nikon competition is about to hot up big time... You need to compete like-for-like.

Panasonic, Olympus and even Fujifilm must do it...

7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Especially as the Canon and Nikon competition is about to hot up big time... You need to compete like-for-like.

Panasonic, Olympus and even Fujifilm must do it...

And I think half of them will go out of business trying to do it LoL.  But you're right they have to I guess. Trouble is there is not room at the top of the pile for 6 or more manufacturers building FF cameras, especially with Sony supplying most of the sensors, and bragging they will be number 1 by 2021! That is only 3 years from now! And that article is Only 3 months old! And Sony knows who is building what Way ahead of when we know. They are building the competitions' Sensors! They have the camera industry right by the you know what. ?

https://***URL removed***/news/7644501156/sony-reveals-camera-strategy-aims-to-be-the-top-camera-brand-by-2021