Nikon FF Mirrorless

Aussie Ash

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For all the naysayers I have this:
FF mirrorless with 10bit external!

That is something which NOBODY in the world is doing!

And normally to get FF 10bit you must spend over US$30K to buy the likes of the Canon C700 FF as your cheapest ever option.

Until that is the Kinefinity Mavo LF which got announced the pricing yesterday of US$12K for the brain.

But this Nikon with a recorder would be much cheaper!

And what perfect perfect timing by Atomos to have brought out their compact and affordable Ninja V!

7 minutes ago, Eric Calabros said:

AND with timecode! ?

WHOA!!! 
Whoa. 
E-X-C-I-T-E-D

I got so keen on the GH5S when it was the first ever to get timecode support: http://ironfilm.co.nz/leaked-the-specs-of-the-panasonic-gh5s-finally-we-get-the-first-stills-camera-with-timecode-i-o/

But then the GH5S disappointed me: https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/26493-panasonic-gh5s-timecode-might-be-majorly-flawed/

Hope Nikon doesn't disappointment me like the Panasonic GH5S did!

I feel you man. I’m suffering from buyer’s remorse too. 

5 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

It’s easy tell who is Sony fanboy on this thread lol

Meanwhile I put the Olympus 9mm on A7iii to have some fun, I might get z6 and dump A73 when it is available to buy. Sony colour is still meh after using for a few jobs now, might get that ninja V too.

1EDEB98F-BC87-470C-8C80-11B359E7B09C.jpeg

6CA2999B-0B60-4578-80AA-970954D725B8.jpeg

So from this video something which look really mundane but so important for video camera use, it has a second whole near the tripod mount so tht it does not twist. Small refinment but damn I have been asking for that for ages. You can also power it trhought USB C..... Heahhhhhhhh

Af tracking in video

5 minutes ago, Danyyyel said:

So from this video something which look really mundane but so important for video camera use, it has a second whole near the tripod mount so tht it does not twist. Small refinment but damn I have been asking for that for ages. You can also power it trhought USB C..... Heahhhhhhhh

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!

DPR criticism of AF-C is simply rude! I don't call them Canon/Sony fan, and I also don't think Z is perfect out of the box..not at all. but they put a 70-200 designed for DSLR, not even the latest FL one, with adapter, and expected it to work like D5! Seriously? But in video, and with native lens, they couldn't deny that it works fine!

1 minute ago, IronFilm said:

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I am always annoyed camera moving on tripod head or even gimbal, always have to twist it back a real pain in the ass. Secondly another pain is swamping battery, now just buy some cheap USB C battery bank and shoot for a whole day. Now we just need a small battery cage with some lock mechanism for hdmi, and... power cable, for a rugged and fully functional   70mm FF camera :) :) :)

Yikes... $600 for a 50mm f/1.8 !?!?!?

That would be like Sony selling a 55 f/1.8 for $900 ?

Not to rag on it, but if only it offered 4K 60p... or 10-bit internal... that would (for me) push it over the edge (Hoping that Nikon's new Egg Nog has as much dynamic range as SLOG and isn't as brittle).

As a card-carrying Sony Fanboy / Butt Hurt Videographer I can at least rejoice that their might be a slew of barely used a7 III's appearing on ebay soon. ?

49 minutes ago, Danyyyel said:

Af tracking in video

Weather sealing on the bottom. If you put Sony in a puddle, it’s dead meat.

4 hours ago, Robert Collins said:

The A7iii is rated at 5 stops I believe. The A7riii is rated at 5.5 stops as is the EM1ii (not FF). The Fuji X-H1 is 5 stops too. There arent a lot of FF ibis candidates to choose from.

I didn't realise they measured IBIS.  You don't happen to know how many stops the GH5 is do you?  I read everywhere that the GH5 is so much better, but I'd be interested to know how many stops better it is :)