Nikon FF Mirrorless

Aussie Ash

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
29 minutes ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

Nikon does not want to infuriate their long time customers.

I'm sure they'll find a way though ;)

24 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

Haha yeah. I used locking FD lenses on my A7rII right after switching away from a Nikon body. That was fun to get my head around. :)

I've just been on holiday and thought "I'll take the a6500 and try and bond with it".

Every time I had to change a lens I was like an octopus trying to unhook a bra.

2 hours ago, Robert Collins said:

Well sort of.

(I could also argue that Leica has always had the lens release button on the right side and Pentax used to have the button on the wrong side and have now got it on the right side.)

My guess would be that Canon and Nikon's 'tradition' for having the lens release on the 'wrong' side stems from the fact that when it was first introduced, it 'actually released the lens'. So if you accidentally pressed it the lens would literally fall off. So the lens release button was placed in the most inconvenient place possible.

But seriously.... take the 1kg Leica SL..... (looks a bit like the Nikon mirrorless)

leica-sl-33.jpg.8d7fc724cadd026241c5e669787e1d52.jpg

....try putting the lens release on the left hand side and think about holding it with your left hand to put a lens on with your right hand. Totally daft right?

Nothing daft about it, no different than any DSLR, hold the camera with your left hand, push button, remove lens with right hand. For most right handed people, the twisting motion would be the part requiring more coordination and where you run the risk of dropping something since the camera is hanging by a strap. That's why CaNikon put the lens release where it is, because most of the world is right handed.

This is literally the first time I've ever heard anyone say the lens release is on the wrong side of the camera.

If that's a deal breaker, then pass on the camera. No big deal.

Cheers

Chris

• Super Members

Well, thats set the frenzy off on that site good and proper hasn't it?

csi.jpg.7574eec1b08e936820820706601c7d85.jpg

"So, as you can see, its probably a 67mm thread on that lens, which if we also reference it to the available data on average index finger length of South East Asian females in the 20-26 years of age group we should be able to extrapolate the exact dimensions of the camera and have a 3D printed model ready before bedtime"

7 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

Ugly design... was hoping for something more akin to something like their FM2. Oh well, they're probably built for practicality, which will please many people. Unfortunately uses those noisy strap lugs *facepalm*

For pro work on the field, I would favor practicality and ergonomic over looks or older design usability style. Now it is just a start I guess there will be smaller more simpler model, more so in the apsc line.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

f20555484acbd7c62b53f70fdd23e9b400622753e1e959db0895001fbd1b2a05.jpg310cb6cbe5da6d5afc3ede9b33a5ef83d54a5855906d2124238a70657cde403a.jpg

Why don't they shoot the ad campaigns AFTER they announce it :)

An easy leak this one

I hope it is in shops before Photokina. Otherwise the temptation would be too high to run off with a demo unit in my loot bag.

I think all this has been intentional link. There are just too much of them coming out and she apparently is a famous actor in china.

7 minutes ago, Danyyyel said:

I think all this has been intentional link. There are just too much of them coming out and she apparently is a famous actor in china.

Its pretty clear most camera/lens "leaks" are intentional, just a little guerrilla marketing to create buzz. Rumor sites + youtube talking heads = lots of free advertising and promotion, why not take advantage of that to spread the word? 

Chris

28 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

I find it interesting that Nikon's marketing of the mirrorless (at least in Japan) is aimed at women (youngish). It is a far cry from their marketing of their other full frame offerings.

Well, there’s probably two reasons for that. Remember they got a little heat last release for not having a pro female photographer amongst their ambassador group.

Plus, Canon just took the number one slot in mirrorless sales for the last quarter in Japan and Canon heavily markets their M line to females.