looking for monitor opinions

Dan Sherman

4 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

The Feelworld monitors I've used will zoom in, but they zoom in on the downscaled image, not the original 4k one. So it's really pretty useless.

Is so annoying when you realize they do it! Ah well

Give us a heads up if any cheap monitor monitor pops up that does it properly and zooms into a non-scaled down 4K image for pixel to pixel zoom

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I’d recommend recruiting a family member,  friend or fellow hobbyist like many vloggers do. I would invest in LED panels to brighten up the workshop with soft, even lighting. I’d also be using several cameras to capture different angles. I would avoid using Auto anything on the Panasonic. Lumix G7 cameras can be found on eBay for just a few hundred dollars and DSLRVideoShooter’s a great place to learn about affordable lighting. If you want to get really fancy, angles can be adjusted remotely by putting the camera atop a brushless gimbal. Also, in all my years of shooting Panasonic, I’ve found  tap to focus with the remote app to be quite reliable.

2 hours ago, jonpais said:

I’d recommend recruiting a family member,  friend or fellow hobbyist like many vloggers do. I would invest in LED panels to brighten up the workshop with soft, even lighting. I’d also be using several cameras to capture different angles. I would avoid using Auto anything on the Panasonic. Lumix G7 cameras can be found on eBay for just a few hundred dollars and DSLRVideoShooter’s a great place to learn about affordable lighting. If you want to get really fancy, angles can be adjusted remotely by putting the camera atop a brushless gimbal. Also, in all my years of shooting Panasonic, I’ve found  tap to focus with the remote app to be quite reliable.

Have you been digging through my camera bag? ?

I do shoot with 2 cameras, and my second camera is a G7. I bought the G7 back in early 2016 for my honeymoon, it's what got me into M43. I purchased it specifically because I could shoot amazing stills and UHD video.

My set up is as follows:

• GH5  is the A camera
  • G7 is the B camera (hacked so i don't have the 30min record limit)
  • RodeLink for my dialogue/explanations
  • Azden SMX-30 for machine/room noises
  • Saramonic sr-pax2 pre-amp to combine the RodeLink & SMX-30 signals as well provide enough clean gain so the gH5 is always set to -12

Besides a tripod, I've also got some cheap custom wall mounts I made so I could get shots where a tripod isn't feasible. Two of them are cheap articulated TV wall mounts, and the other is a wall mounted 4' light boom pole, that doesn't bat an eye at the G7 being mounted to it.

Just today I purchased a Zoom F4  because B&H had them on sale for $420. I eventually want to get some testicle syncs as I hate manually syncing clips.

I have two much light in the shop if you ask my wife, shes says it's like an ER. When everything is on, I'm dumping 86,400 Lumens out at 6500k.

• Super Members
6 hours ago, Dan Sherman said:

I eventually want to get some testicle syncs 

My eyes are watering just imagining what such a contraption would do.

Auto correct obviously decided you wanted to literally have a balls up situation instead of avoiding a balls up of the audio variety.

16 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

My eyes are watering just imagining what such a contraption would do.

Auto correct obviously decided you wanted to literally have a balls up situation instead of avoiding a balls up of the audio variety.

The audio could suck with testicle syncs, depending in what kind of film industry you work. :)

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

I have a love hate relationship with auto complete, any time I use a non standard word it trys to change it. ?

I bought the Lilliput A5 since my Sony's and Fuji's don't have a forward facing LCD. Only tinkered with it in test shots, but so far I like it. With the skinny Sony battery its not unwieldy on top of the camera. The bigger Sony batteries will run it all day. Found a seller on Ebay that had it ad $149 shipped obo. I offered $135 and they accepted, three days later it was in my hands. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lilliput-A5-5-1920x1200-8bit-4K-HDMI-DSLR-Camera-field-monitor-F970-LP-E6-Plate/263676993363?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Chris

• 3 months later...

Someone have tested the de-squeeze with the liliput (2.35:1 aspect ratio) when Gh5 is outputing 4:3 signal?

I found that there's a bug on my A7s monitor, showing glitch image with weird lines across the frame.

If the signal from Gh5 is 16:9, then the de-squeeze works just fine.