Articles without summarizing video's are annoying!

zerocool22

1 hour ago, eoslover said:

There are also some amazing youtubers or reviewers out there like Max Yurvey / Christopher Frost , unfortunately Max no longer makes a lot of videos because youtube screwing him.

Seems to be reality with no explanation. You Tube and Vimeo, to me, might as well fold up and go away as of late. Their best days to me are over.

They both seem to be pissing away a crazy opportunity and are clueless to boot. They Need new blood at the top or somebody is going to eat their lunch, and do it in a heartbeat. Lag behind and die a quick death this day and age.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, OliKMIA said:

As a Fstoppers staff writer, I can give the reason behind this policy: it would be unfair for the video creator to summarize the video. Basically we would steal his/her work and content without benefits for him/her.
This type of article is called a "repost." If the video is interesting, we make a short introduction and the reader is free to watch the video. Otherwise, people would simply read the summary and skip the video while the website pockets the ads money and there is nothing left for the video creator (views and/or ads money).

Well I have nothing against the youtube clip link, but at this point if I see if its only a video. I will not look at it. People who can/like watch videos can still watch the video. I don't think you would be missing much traffic, unless the content is bad, you could sniff that out looking at the summarizing for 5 seconds then you would obviously not click on the video. 

Further more, just posting video links on a website like fstoppers is kinda lame. I could just visit a facebook group for that. My 2 cents are: you gotta evolve or ya might be closing the website sooner as you think. What I would also love is an option on youtube for the content creators to give a written summarization on the description page. With screenshots if needed. That way they could still earn from the ads, but still give information on a more effective way. 

And man am I sick of people talking into the camera for 5 minutes on youtube. Everybody seems to be looking for fame as a influencer. I get it, if you can pay your bills this way instead of working in a macdonalds, it's a no brainer. But they are only creating content so they get revenue, not because they want to share actual information or the joy of sharing information. They end up creating bad content because they need to upload weekly.  I rather see one decent video once a year, then waste my time every week. Money really does run the world. 

On 7/13/2018 at 1:01 PM, webrunner5 said:

Seems to be reality with no explanation. You Tube and Vimeo, to me, might as well fold up and go away as of late. Their best days to me are over.

They both seem to be pissing away a crazy opportunity and are clueless to boot. They Need new blood at the top or somebody is going to eat their lunch, and do it in a heartbeat. Lag behind and die a quick death this day and age.

I think its way too early to say youtube is over

In the future, I believe youtube will evolve into educational / paid channels

It's still the early stage of Youtube full functionality

3 hours ago, eoslover said:

I think its way too early to say youtube is over

In the future, I believe youtube will evolve into educational / paid channels

It's still the early stage of Youtube full functionality

Two things I see happening with You Tube that tells me unless they throw out the top management or the owner, is You Tube it's self is getting Way too greedy, and the people on it are getting Way too greedy by posting stuff nearly daily to get hits to make money. Both are a recipe for disaster. I have seen a Lot of company's come and go over my lifetime. And almost all of them make 2 or 3 of the same mistakes. And You Tube is already doing one of them.

3 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

I'm gonna guess that the owner of YT is going to be around for awhile...Like P&O'while, TwinningsTea'while, or StaffelterHof'while. 

Nah he will say something stupid like the owner of Papa John's did and they will throw him out of the public view and snip his power. They did that with the founder of Men's Warehouse here. Nobody here is above public opinion.  Well Trump maybe, but he doesn't care LoL.

44 minutes ago, cantsin said:

The owner of YouTube is Google...

It doesn't matter. If you do dumb things in this day and age you pay the price, and Huge price The internet, even Fake News is more more powerful than the Roman Army was back in the day. You can go from top dog to out of business in a month now.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nfl-protests-led-papa-john-schnatters-downfall-203838856.html

46 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Nah he will say something stupid like the owner of Papa John's did and they will throw him out of the public view and snip his power. They did that with the founder of Men's Warehouse here. Nobody here is above public opinion.  Well Trump maybe, but he doesn't care LoL.

The owner of YouTube could start the next Nazi party and topple a western democracy, and they'd still  be able to stick around. 

You are VERY wrong. Public Opinion drives the world now. Instagram can bury you in a week. This is not even 5 years ago as the world goes. Women here feel empowered as heck now, a good thing, and they are the main Instagram users. Piss them off and you are done. And someones see's and opening in your weakness, Good Bye Charlie.

Look at all the men on sexual harassment. Big Powerful men, not only gone, going to jail some of them maybe. If I was in power I would be shaking in my boots now on Anything I say, or even an employee says.

This country is Damn close to a all out Civil War between Liberals and Conservatives. People are going to die mark my word. This country is a Tinder Box ready to explode any minute. This country, the whole world is so full of hate now it is crazy. And it has happened because of Social Media. I am beginning to think the Internet may prove to be the worse thing ever to happen to Humanity. You say something stupid on Facebook employers go to it when they hire people and you may not even get the job you applied to. You are Blackballed forever. It Ain't good as they say to open your mouth now, even on here. This stuff Never goes away.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

You are VERY wrong. Public Opinion drives the world now. Instagram can bury you in a week. This is not even 5 years ago as the world goes. Women here feel empowered as heck now, a good thing, and they are the main Instagram users. Piss them off and you are done. And someones see's and opening in your weakness, Good Bye Charlie.

Look at all the men on sexual harassment. Big Powerful men, not only gone, going to jail some of them maybe. If I was in power I would be shaking in my boots now on Anything I say, or even an employee says.

This country is Damn close to a all out Civil War between Liberals and Conservatives. People are going to die mark my word. This country is a Tinder Box ready to explode any minute. This country, the whole world is so full of hate now it is crazy. And it has happened because of Social Media. I am beginning to think the Internet may prove to be the worse thing ever to happen to Humanity. You say something stupid on Facebook employers go to it when they hire people and you may not even get the job you applied to. You are Blackballed forever. It Ain't good as they say to open your mouth now, even on here. This stuff Never goes away.

Google is insidious in our modern digital culture.  The CEO could get certainly fired for bad PR, but too many people would forgive the company overall.  So, the owner of YouTube is safe in that regard.

Political tension exists, but I doubt it would ever rise to civil war.  Who's in enough shape in America for that sort of labor?

On 7/13/2018 at 11:15 AM, Grimor said:

How many years ago?

2001 is when I went to Auckland University.
I had a friend who carried around one of those "brick" cellphones. 

On 7/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, eoslover said:

There are also some amazing youtubers or reviewers out there like Max Yurvey / Christopher Frost , unfortunately Max no longer makes a lot of videos because youtube screwing him.

Nooooo.... has he stated that is the reason why? ?

2 hours ago, cantsin said:

The owner of YouTube is Google...

Cheers for adding back some sanity to this discussion. 
Is crazy to read this "if the owner of YouTube says/does/etc" not realizing it is Google!! (welll... technically Alphabet? Which owns Google)

13 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Political tension exists, but I doubt it would ever rise to civil war.  Who's in enough shape in America for that sort of labor?

People are so fat in America that it is now a national security risk.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41366-018-0060-y

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

2001 is when I went to Auckland University.
I had a friend who carried around one of those "brick" cellphones. 

Nooooo.... has he stated that is the reason why? ?

Hell when I was in my third business I had 1 of those Bag Phones, and a Brick phone,  and 2 Pagers. In this country the Bag phones were like 5 watts compared to around 1.5 Watts on the regular phones. So they had a Lot more distance they were good for. And that was a Huge plus for my Excavation Company.

Yeah Max is getting screwed but he is not alone. Like I have said on here I help support 6 people on Patreon. A Lot of people on You Tube are getting screwed. So that is how they are making their money now, Patreon. I am telling you if You Tube doesn't change they maybe gone. I follow a hell of a lot of people on you tube, and a Lot of them are really pissed off at YT.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

You say something stupid on Facebook employers go to it when they hire people and you may not even get the job you applied to. You are Blackballed forever. It Ain't good as they say to open your mouth now, even on here. This stuff Never goes away.

I think it is a generational thing.  10-20 years from now there is a good chance Facebook will be gone or just something for AARP members and businesses.  I quit Facebook years ago.

Millennials are quitting social media and spending less time on Facebook, according to a new report.

Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram - and even the popular dating app Tinder - are seeing droves of users switch off permanently.

While many platforms struggle to keep their users, it seems picture-based messaging app Snapchat is still holding the attention of the younger generation. 

Most people said they were quitting because they felt it was a waste of time and social media was making them think negatively.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5481591/Millennials-quitting-Facebook-say-goodbye-Snapchat.html

I think it is only old people (ie 30+) that have issues with social media.  The Olds don't understand the tech and get themselves in trouble with it.

Personally I don't have any social media accounts and given recent *cough* events *cough* I have stopped emailing anything other than very formal business messages.  And even then very sparingly.  If something can be settled with a quick phone call I do it that way instead.  Even text messaging is out.  I get text messages on occasion but I rarely reply.  Live your life like it is 1999.

38 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

I think it is a generational thing.  10-20 years from now there is a good chance Facebook will be gone or just something for AARP members and businesses.  I quit Facebook years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5481591/Millennials-quitting-Facebook-say-goodbye-Snapchat.html

I think it is only old people (ie 30+) that have issues with social media.  The Olds don't understand the tech and get themselves in trouble with it.

Yeah and everything you said good or bad is still on there someplace. And millennial's, they are probably to lazy to type is the reason they are leaving. Us "Old Guys" were just laughing our ass off about millennial's in the Sports Bar I ate at today. ?

Old people, hell it is stupid young girls hanging their boobs out on there, linking stupid as hell stuff with silly GiFs that have trouble. Young guys mad a hell at everything and everybody is the ones that better worry. Older people it doesn't make a crap what they say.  They are established or even own the company. I am not in the job market, or don't really care what people think. It is young people that better get off of it and fast.

I am 71 and I have been on the Web before anyone even knew the word Web. I had a Web Address as a Incorporated Company probably before you were even born 40 years ago LoL.  Old people are not as dumb as you think on Social Media. Don't understand the tech, hell we invented it, and built it, maintained it. Now maybe my 94 year old mother, but she is on the web everyday doing emails, playing Poker for money, on and on! I taught her well how to use it. She just stopped being a Snow Bird 9 years ago in a 42' Motor Home they had. She is a tough old bird. Yikes!

8 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah and everything you said good or bad is still on there someplace.

I was on there years ago and said very little.  And I certainly didn't say anything political or about values.  I have to many friends from across the political spectrum to post that kind of thing on a personal page.  It would definitely offend someone.

11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Old people, hell it is stupid young girls hanging their boobs out on there, linking stupid as hell stuff with silly GiFs that have trouble. Young guys mad a hell at everything and everybody is the ones that better worry.

That is true.  I guess I just don't know young people like that.  If anyone were to expose themselves, take a picture of it, and then post it on social media they wouldn't get very far where I work.  It is somewhat selective.

What I have seen is people blurting out stuff and not realizing times have changed.  I've been caught off guard by some of the old timers at work on several occasions.  I like the guys but damn!  Seemed a bit reckless.  I'm terrified of being turned in to HR.  I save my more controversial views for in person conversation with my close friends from my teenage years.  Definitely not work place material.  And I am not writing that stuff down.

17 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I am 71 and I have been on the Web before anyone even knew the word Web. I had a Web Address as a Incorporated Company probably before you were even born 40 years ago LoL.  Old people are not as dumb as you think on Social Media. Don't understand the tech, hell we invented it, and built it, maintained it.

My parents aren't that old but they are dumb as bricks when it comes to computers.  Pops is really pretty good about just saying no to social media and email.  Mom has gotten a lot better.

16 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

My parents aren't that old but they are dumb as bricks when it comes to computers.  Pops is really pretty good about just saying no to social media and email.  Mom has gotten a lot better.

I hope they don't read this statement LoL. ?

23 hours ago, Damphousse said:

I've been caught off guard by some of the old timers at work on several occasions.  I like the guys but damn!  Seemed a bit reckless.

It's not recklessness.  At a certain point it's just a lack of F's to give anymore.  It's hard to explain until you actually start to see the guy with a sickle waving it at you. As it should be.  As it shall be ever thus.