Any Sony A7 II users here - how bad is it really?

jase

Sony is no more or less expensive than any other brand. 

$1,500 - $2,500 is now the norm for flagship mirrorless bodies, whether MFT, APS-C or FF. The a7 III runs $2,000.

Since most on this website appear to favor using vintage glass or third party lenses with reasonably priced adapters, the cost of lenses is grossly exaggerated. 

Tamron already makes a phenomenal 28-70, Sony’s 85mm is dirt cheap, the soon to be released 24mm is sharper, lighter and less expensive than the competition; and since the OP doesn’t mind manual focusing, the very modestly priced Voigtlanders are unsurpassed. Sigma’s ART lenses will all soon be available in E mount.

There are also countless E mount cinema lenses, from the highly praised Fuji MK zooms (super35) to the ridiculously inexpensive Rokinons. A kit of 3 Rokinon T 1.5 primes sells for just $1,200 - brand new! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
22 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Sony is no more or less expensive than any other brand. 

$1,500 - $2,500 is now the norm for flagship mirrorless bodies, whether MFT, APS-C or FF. The a7 III runs $2,000.

Since most on this website appear to favor using vintage glass or third party lenses with reasonably priced adapters, the cost of lenses is grossly exaggerated. 

Tamron already makes a phenomenal 28-70, Sony’s 85mm is dirt cheap, the soon to be released 24mm is sharper, lighter and less expensive than the competition; and since the OP doesn’t mind manual focusing, the very modestly priced Voigtlanders are unsurpassed. Sigma’s ART lenses will all soon be available in E mount.

There are also countless E mount cinema lenses, from the highly praised Fuji MK zooms (super35) to the ridiculously inexpensive Rokinons. A kit of 3 Rokinon T 1.5 primes sells for just $1,200 - brand new! 

I was more talking about the cost of an A7II, not sony in general.

I more dislike the size rather then the cost of full frame glass. I actually have full frame vintage lenses I use for manual focus. For quick shooting though its hard to beat the size of Fuji lenses. My F2 lenses are just a hair bigger then my M43 lenses.

3 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I was more talking about the cost of an A7II, not sony in general.

I more dislike the size rather then the cost of full frame glass. I actually have full frame vintage lenses I use for manual focus. For quick shooting though its hard to beat the size of Fuji lenses. My F2 lenses are just a hair bigger then my M43 lenses.

A7II sells for around $900 USD lol, not bad especially if your one of those FF fanatics.