Canon 5D IV HDMI like 1DC / 1DXII 1080p 4:2:2 output

MdB

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 hours ago, Django said:

4k with minimum APS-H crop & best quality in-camera 1080p in S35 mode

I may have to test that. The S35 is nice (especially that it has C-Log), but I'm not sure it is better than the 5D IV's 1080p or even the M50s. 

C-log. Classic Canon colors. I just may pick one up as a side-arm to my C100 if Canon doesn't come through with a promising MILC this fall.

Who knows what they'll bring out. But yes I think the 1DC is an excellent compliment to the C100. Offers that great 4K as well as a nice well matched S35 crop mode that is probably very similar looking. 

I'd be curious to see this 4k mode HDMI 1080p from the 5DIV/1DC but i already know i'd find it a major hassle to record externally just to get a quality cropped 1080p, with poor RS.

I find the 5" BM works really well. But yes, both cameras have poor RS. Not nearly as bad as the M50 in 4K though. 

10 hours ago, Django said:

Apple & oranges a bit I'd say. C100 is a proper cine cam with ND filters, flip screen, XLR, peaking/zebras/waveform & DPAF with the upgrade. 1DC is a hybrid cam, so you get a killer stills cam but you do get FF, S35 & APS-H 4K on the video side.

Addition of a monitor picks up pretty much everything except the NDs. 

10 hours ago, Django said:

IQ wise i think @MdB said C100 had nicer motion & maybe tad sharper 1080p?

1DC has better 1080p when using external. Hands down. The C100 though is better to shoot and really ready to go. 1DC is way more fiddly. C100 has less RS and the balance plus limited RS means very natural looking handheld unstabalised - Not something I get with most 'hybrids'. 

1DC would probably go better on a gimbal. It can also be picked up as is and still shoot, which is kind of nice (though it is no lighter than a C100 but way worse grip). 

Battery life is way better on C100 as well. Still images are about 1000000000000x better on the 1DC. Build is better as well along with weather sealing (not that C100 is badly built). 

I really need to get that 5D IV into service for C-Log ASAP to actually do some tests. 

6 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Fingers crossed on the GRiii at Photokina.

Yes please. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 5:07 AM, MdB said:

1DC has better 1080p when using external. Hands down. The C100 though is better to shoot and really ready to go. 1DC is way more fiddly. C100 has less RS and the balance plus limited RS means very natural looking handheld unstabalised - Not something I get with most 'hybrids'. 

Doesn't the 1DC have less RS in 1080p S35 mode than the C100? 1DC has more in 4k mode but 1080p S35 should have twice less than the 4k.

On 8/31/2018 at 2:34 AM, mercer said:

I really just need a point and shoot camera that I can carry around with me for casual stills and video.

sounds like having good autofocus would assist you then. Plus the 5d iii workflow is a pain. For me the eos r comes close as an option because of the nd fliters and the autofocus. Makes life so much easier. If you pair it with a ninja, the only downside I can see is the rolling shutter.    

• 1 year later...