Has 4K scaling in windows been fixed?

Color Philospher

So I'm really having a hard time finding a good monitor that has all the specs I want at the price I want. Right now the one I've narrowed it down to is a lg 4K monitor. 

I've heard that 4K isn't great on 27 inches, but every qhd monitor I've looked at with good color specs is not great from reviews. 

Before I spend my money away, should I be worried or heed the warning about 4K? Seems to be a consistent issue. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
41 minutes ago, Color Philospher said:

So I'm really having a hard time finding a good monitor that has all the specs I want at the price I want. Right now the one I've narrowed it down to is a lg 4K monitor. 

I've heard that 4K isn't great on 27 inches, but every qhd monitor I've looked at with good color specs is not great from reviews. 

Before I spend my money away, should I be worried or heed the warning about 4K? Seems to be a consistent issue. 

No big issue here.
If it happens, it's the apps' developer's fault.

Davinci Resolve, Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Chrome, Firefox, Word, Excel etc. scale perfectly fine in 125% on my 27" UHD screen.

Well I have the LG 27UD68P-B and 4K scaling is definitely not great for some apps INCLUDING (for me) Premiere Pro.

Everything in premiere pro looks ok EXCEPT for my color wheels and some other tools, like here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2363234

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2401093

One of the "fixes" is to set premiere to use the windows scaling, which then looks horrible and pixelated so it's not a fix at all.  Adobe just refuses to fix it... everything else seems to work except a few panels.

I have this monitor and my old Dell 1080p next to it.  The difference is night and day in comparison.  It's one of those "how did we ever live without it" first world problems.

Problems have been few and far in between but really annoying when they crop up, like VLC has no scaling either and the UI is tiny and stupid.

11 hours ago, scotchtape said:

[...]

I have this monitor and my old Dell 1080p next to it.  The difference is night and day in comparison.  It's one of those "how did we ever live without it" first world problems.

Problems have been few and far in between but really annoying when they crop up, like VLC has no scaling either and the UI is tiny and stupid.

OT, but I need to ask this: Do you have any problems with eye dropper when using this dual monitor setup? I have the same setup (one UDH 4k monitor and one 1080 monitor) and the eye dropper in ANY native Premiere Pro tool doesn't work (it's sampling a position far away from the actual mouse position). This seems to be a known issue (solved by disconnecting one of the monitors), but it's a pain....

I have used a Dell 27" 4k at work for about a year now and I'm very pleased with the size/resolution. There are some old applications that don't work well, but in 90% of the cases there is no problem, and when I have to use that one application for more than 10 minutes I'll simply change the resolution. I have tried larger screens than 27" in the past, but my conclusion has been that my eyes have to travel too far when using a larger screen, and as long as I'm sitting close to the screen there is no real benefit of a larger screen.

I am about to get an LG 27UK850-W for home use. It seems like a decent middleground when it comes to price/performance.

My requirements for a new screen were: decent colours, 27-32", USB-C, 4k.

I am curious what the HDR claim of the monitor means in practice, but the HDR technology seems a bit immature, so I'll wait until my next screen to have a true HDR monitor (OLED/HDR1000/DolbyVision/whatever has arrived by then).

I actually rarely use it as dual monitor even though I thought I would, reason being that most of the time I don't need dual monitor, but when you turn the screen off you can get things still on that screen, so it's kind of annoying.

I don't use eye dropper that much but I just kept zooming in until I got what I wanted, I don't remember anything being wrong with it in my setup.