Atomos Ninja V HDMI Cables

amsh89es335

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

For Pro work I am not too sure I would go with a cable that is that thin. Just think how thin the wires in it have to be. There is 19, yeah 19 wires in a HDMI cable. If the didn't have to bend it much sure. But if you break down, set up a rig often not too sure about that.

That's true but the thick cable of the  Atomos also puts additional strain on the connectors - you can't win!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the Monoprice DynamicView Ultra 8K HDMI Cable - 1.5 Feet - Black | High Speed, 48Gbps, Dynamic HDR, eARC. Tested 4K 60p on Ninja V. Recorded 37 minutes today and it worked great. Only $10

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-DynamicView-Ultra-HDMI-Cable/dp/B07K7YQN32/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1543464517&sr=1-1&keywords=Monoprice+DynamicView+Ultra+8K+HDMI+Cable+-+1.5+Feet+-+Black+|+High+Speed%2C+48Gbps%2C+Dynamic+HDR%2C+eARC

We use SanHo cables on our three GH5 and Ninja V's recording 4k 60 10 bit. They work fine, but what I've been having trouble with are right angle adapters... can't find any fast enough. The Zacuto adapter that came with our Zacuto cage actually performs the best and hardly ever drops - but every other adapter (including additional Zacuto adpaters) drop frames all the time. Anyone have any luck identifying a fast HDMI 2.0 right angle adapter?

• 2 months later...

I may have answered one of my own questions on another thread...

As @androidlad linked to above, but available on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-CROMO-Speed-Micro-Ethernet-Black/dp/B00C9JRV7A/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1551007829&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=0.5m+CROMO+Slim+High+Speed+HDMI+to+Micro+HDMI+Cable+with+Ethernet+No.+41680

Just ordered so will see if it fixes my first issue...

On 11/15/2018 at 3:38 AM, webrunner5 said:

For Pro work I am not too sure I would go with a cable that is that thin. Just think how thin the wires in it have to be. There is 19, yeah 19 wires in a HDMI cable. If they didn't have to bend it much sure. But if you break down, set up a rig often not too sure about that.

The wires are probably the same thickness irrespective of how thick the cable is. Thicker cables are less flexible however, so less local stress is placed on the wires inside.

On 11/15/2018 at 3:45 AM, Shirozina said:

That's true but the thick cable of the  Atomos also puts additional strain on the connectors - you can't win!

The important part is to stop the wires from flexing too much and failing from metal fatigue, so a thicker relatively inflexible cable is what you want. Bending is the enemy of wires, you want a cable that minimizes that.