Atomos Ninja V HDMI Cables

amsh89es335

For the company i work for we bought a gh5s and a ninja inferno. 

After countless tests we discovered the Inferno was very picky with HDMI's and just bought the Atomos version. Our first Atomos which turned out to be broken would work with the third party cables we bought, however, the issue was the recorder would just stop recording. The picture was perfect though. After trading in for a new inferno, the third party cables would just not work at all.

We tried a total of about 9 cables that should have worked. The atomos one was the only one that would work.

So my conclusion is that it may or may not work. Can't hurt to try though.

• 4 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
18 minutes ago, amsh89es335 said:

So from people reviews the Atomos recorders and HDMI cables are not reliable? If the cables are this finicky how are they worth it during a crucial shot? Should I cancel my preorder and get faster SD Cards for the 400mbps mode and deal with out having 4k 60p 10bit?

It pretty much means you can't use the cheap ones. Gee, imagine my surprise 5 dollars ones don't work. Just like my cheap ones didn't work for my Sony A7s firmware updates. If you want to go you have to pay. ?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1250777-REG/atomos_atom4k60c5_hdmi_type_a_male_to.html

But I am reading 

45 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

It pretty much means you can't use the cheap ones. Gee, imagine my surprise 5 dollars ones don't work. Just like my cheap ones didn't work for my Sony A7s firmware updates. If you want to go you have to pay. ?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1250777-REG/atomos_atom4k60c5_hdmi_type_a_male_to.html

I am reading reviews on amazon about even these where having issues. I need to make sure when I role on a take its bullet proof and not going to screw up a shot. 

58 minutes ago, amsh89es335 said:

But I am reading 

I am reading reviews on amazon about even these where having issues. I need to make sure when I role on a take its bullet proof and not going to screw up a shot. 

Buy it from B&H. A Lot of the stuff that claims to be "great" factory stuff is just some Chinese knock off, rip off on there. It happens all the time on Amazon.

Buying Anything Apple related on Amazon is just Asking for trouble especially from someone that has a lot of sells on there. And then it is is hard to pay someone that only has just launched or has 1 sell. Amazon is great, but it is Always a risk. It is in reality a crap shoot.

I have bought and sold a ton of stuff on there, and been screwed only twice for about 100 dollars. Amazon doesn't do shit to help you either. They think You are the one trying to rip off Amazon! And I am sure there are people that do rip them off. Amazon is a ruthless place for any help. There is a reason Jeff Bezos is so damn rich.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:34 PM, amsh89es335 said:

So from people reviews the Atomos recorders and HDMI cables are not reliable? If the cables are this finicky how are they worth it during a crucial shot? Should I cancel my preorder and get faster SD Cards for the 400mbps mode and deal with out having 4k 60p 10bit?

I'd keep it, but just so you know, the batteries do not last long, so buy a lot of those. And if you find a cable that works, you should not have any issues with it on set. But be prepared to buy the Atomos' hdmi cable since other cables might not work.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Robert John said:

No, it depends on your camera if it accepts HDMI or mini HDMI. I used my Atomos with a GH5 and a GH5s so I bought an HDMI to HDMI one because the GH5 series uses HDMI as output

19 hours ago, TurboRat said:

No, it depends on your camera if it accepts HDMI or mini HDMI. I used my Atomos with a GH5 and a GH5s so I bought an HDMI to HDMI one because the GH5 series uses HDMI as output

Sorry I sent the wrong link. That was from when I was doing a search. Here is the link to the one I was wondering about.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1062272-REG/hyperthin_saht08black_hyperthin_hdmi_to_hdmi.html

9 minutes ago, Robert John said:

Sorry I sent the wrong link. That was from when I was doing a search. Here is the link to the one I was wondering about.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1062272-REG/hyperthin_saht08black_hyperthin_hdmi_to_hdmi.html

Well it has 14 five star reviews out of 14. Can't be too bad. ? The last 2 reviews of the 14 say they are using it on a Atomos recorder. So sounds like a winner.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Well it has 14 five star reviews out of 14. Can't be too bad. ? The last 2 reviews of the 14 say they are using it on a Atomos recorder. So sounds like a winner.

Even though I don't shoot much 60p 10bit, would like to know if cable can handle it. Want to make sure it is a good replacement for Atomos cable. Don't want to find out its not while on job shooting. 2 weeks ago had the $99 Atomos cable go on me while filming. They are replacing it.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Non of the review said they had used it with 4k 10bit 60p on the GH5 though. I've just bought the Atomos cable after noticing drop-outs on an standard HDMI cable.

20 hours ago, Robert John said:

Yes that's the one. Worked with 4K 60fps 10bit. Had to check with another program to see if it's really 10bit coz I also can't believe it lol. It's cheap though and if it doesnt work for you, well it's a better cable than the coiled Atomos if you;re gonna use the Ninja V on a gimbal, the thin cable wont add to the weight