ASMR

Grimor

Have you noticed the proliferation of asmr videos on youtube?
They have awakened sensations that I had not experienced since my youth.
A pleasant tingling in the head.
My wife thinks I'm crazy, but apparently we are many people.
The importance of these videos lies in the sounds and the quality of the audio. 
For me the best ones are those of crafts and not those of doctors or whispers.
What do you think?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, Grimor said:

Have you noticed the proliferation of asmr videos on youtube?

YES, i HAVE~! and its CRAZY ???

im so glad you brought this up @Grimor, i was gonna start a thread to ask the same question

guys, type "ASMR" into youtube search and look at the views... its wild~!

i personally get *nothing* out of this, but i think its great that girls can just make videos like this and get youtube rich now...

why am i even doing narrative? i could just be sucking on a fake ear

posted two weeks ago. lookit the views

• Super Members

If you are looking for a reasonably low cost way of getting into recording ASMR then the Roland CS10-EM combined binaural microphone/headphones is a decent option.

cs-10em_set_gal.thumb.jpg.bd3c7a5c8667f19f2005e2c03bdf2ec5.jpg

They are around £80 and are also ideal for recording general atmos for your regular films too. As you wear them like headphones, they are pretty stealthy and of course as they actually are headphones then you get to monitor the audio as well into the bargain.

If you have a look on YouTube there are a lot of ASMR videos recorder with them.

This is certainly an interesting phenomenon. Seems you either love it or hate it. The Japanese artist thing is great, well shot, interesting and the sounds really give it something extra. The girl liking fake ears for 25 minutes though... not my bag.

@Grimor what's it like when someone eats with their mouth open next you? Is it a similar response?

@Anaconda_ Eating with the mouth open dislikes me a lot.
Maybe break a crusty bread with hands makes the response to me.

The young girls whispering distract me more than anything else, because I am still relatively young (40) and I still feel vigorous...

So usually i prefer craft videos:

Removing dry glue sound (at 11min mark) is insane.

Does nothing for me either. A cynic might say it's just another way for cute but not quite model worthy girls to get attention online from nerds. ? Some of the videos are interesting from the perspective that society is at such a low now that they're basically packaging and 'selling' regular human interactions. (Too lazy to find the link but an example of one I saw was a suit fitter.)

Big fan here, since '14 (discovered through VR). Many just aren't wired for it; if you are, you're lucky (its very grounding, helps me to be productive)

@TwoScoops Plenty of great male asmr people too (& there are a small [thankfully] number of both who try to exploit the genre with sexuality, and don't really get asmr themselves). Those interaction videos are the category of role-plays. I'm not a fan of the style myself, but its a technique that apparently works for many (they don't want to replace interaction). Cynicism doesn't come into the picture if you're wired for it. It is a natural human drive to try to explain a thing which does not make sense (to fill in the blank space)

Like describing a sixth sense, the five sensers will suspect the sixth sensers of not being altogether there, or morally bankrupt in some way  : )

This phenomenon is used by advertisers for a long time already. Ads of perfumes, cars and ice cream use these techniques.

@SageOne thing I've noticed is that as if it were an auditory drug, the more videos you see, the harder it is to get the answer each time.
There is a habituation and immunization, so I try to see only a few of them from time to time.

Other people with insomnia problems use it to fall asleep .

2 hours ago, TwoScoops said:

Some of the videos are interesting from the perspective that society is at such a low now that they're basically packaging and 'selling' regular human interactions.

I've seen videos of someone eating their dinner. The idea is if I you're home alone, you can eat with them... 

I've found myself imaging how to handcuff this woman to some tough old tribal women as they work the fields for a year.

9 hours ago, TwoScoops said:

Some of the videos are interesting from the perspective that society is at such a low now that they're basically packaging and 'selling' regular human interactions.

9 hours ago, Grimor said:

Other people with insomnia problems use it to fall asleep .

I first heard about this from my teen/pre-teen kids (like most new things online TBH).  When I asked about it, apart from them eagerly showing me some videos, they mentioned that they didn't get the sensation, but they sometimes listened while falling asleep.

9 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

I've seen videos of someone eating their dinner. The idea is if I you're home alone, you can eat with them... 

There is an entire genre of cam girls (in Japan IIRC) that will have dinner with you.  There are lots of lonely people in the world, and they are more likely to die than people who aren't lonely.  I'm not saying that people who make these videos are saints or anything, but it's probably doing more good than harm, and doing it in a way that society isn't dealing with yet.