First couple of videos of RX100VI

eoslover

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Wow noise control on it is Really impressive! Well done.

"wish it doesn't overheat after 5 mins though" Yikes! But that is a long time to be taking a shot to be honest unless it is for an interview, or your kids Ballet.

Some videos on You Tube would work it it lasted 3 seconds on some of the cuts I have seen lately LoL. Those drive me crazy. They must really like editing I guess.

10 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Why would they even bother selling the damn thing if the 4K only lasts 5 minutes or less?

probably not target for professional videographers

the bigger problem is using in summer it may shutdown consistently due to overheat

34 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

Even for bloggers though, 5 minutes is way too short. Or getting video of your kid playing soccer. 

I do not think Vloggers need to shoot 4k at the moment, just like what most people do with G7xII. one minute here and there are good for b-rolls.

The 120fps/240fps are very good quality as well.

However, it is a bit of surprise Sony still not fixing it after several years

This is an interesting shot, especially last 30 seconds

In the past it could only be shot with very expensive slow mo cameras or RX10 series (my guess it's 150-200mm), the quality is very potato though with a 10-15% increase of quality over previous RX10/RX100 cameras.

4 hours ago, eoslover said:

I do not think Vloggers need to shoot 4k at the moment, just like what most people do with G7xII. one minute here and there are good for b-rolls.

The 120fps/240fps are very good quality as well.

However, it is a bit of surprise Sony still not fixing it after several years

This is an interesting shot, especially last 30 seconds

In the past it could only be shot with very expensive slow mo cameras or RX10 series (my guess it's 150-200mm), the quality is very potato though with a 10-15% increase of quality over previous RX10/RX100 cameras.

The quality of it is not something I would use very often. Pretty bad overall. But better than nothing I guess.

21 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

2 generation and no improvement in bitrates, fps and quality ... 

There are however significant changes in other aspects of these cameras e.g. the RX100 V introduced super duper AF & 24fps high speed burst mode stills while the RX100 VI introduces a super duper zoom lens plus Bluetooth plus HLG.

On 6/26/2018 at 9:42 PM, webrunner5 said:

The quality of it is not something I would use very often. Pretty bad overall. But better than nothing I guess.

The quality of it is about 360-480p, it's for fun. Almost certain to stick with 120fps/240fps if you need better resolutions

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, webrunner5 said:

Why would they even bother selling the damn thing if the 4K only lasts 5 minutes or less?

Because it is primarily a consumer stills camera, and 4K shot on it is likely to be short clips?

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, wolf33d said:

2 generation and no improvement in bitrates, fps and quality ... 

That is because it has the same processor, and compression is done in hardware by the processor. Magic is not involved and wishful thinking carries no weight, so it will use the same compression the processor has always done.

Ditto for the overheating as well. 

On 6/25/2018 at 1:09 PM, webrunner5 said:

Some videos on You Tube would work it it lasted 3 seconds on some of the cuts I have seen lately LoL. Those drive me crazy. They must really like editing I guess.

Over editing is preferable to no editing - or as I like to call it "taking 20 minutes to say badly what could have been said well in 2" ?

25 minutes ago, kye said:

Over editing is preferable to no editing - or as I like to call it "taking 20 minutes to say badly what could have been said well in 2" ?

Yeah but that is at the extremes at both ends. I don't want to have a Epileptic Seizure watching someones super quick edits, or fall asleep with the lack of skill to edit at all. ?

But I guess if we all did it sort of the same it would be boring as heck. I can always turn off the monitor LoL.